[Denied]Seeding in official tournaments.

Tournaments that are not "complete tests of skill" should be saved for unofficial and spontaneous tourneys.

So I assume you mean gimmick tournaments like the Clefairy Metronome tournament and STAB tournaments? If so, I think you are missing the mark here and that is the whole point of official tournaments is to promote a sense of fun in the community. Master invitationals aside, people register for tournaments to have fun. Gimmick tournaments have proved to be quite popular in the past. I think a lot of people would be quite sad if staff stopped running them, I also think some staff members enjoy running them too (I could be wrong about that though, it's just an impression I get).

So I assume you mean gimmick tournaments like the Clefairy Metronome tournament and STAB tournaments? If so, I think you are missing the mark here and that is the whole point of official tournaments is to promote a sense of fun in the community. Master invitationals aside, people register for tournaments to have fun. Gimmick tournaments have proved to be quite popular in the past. I think a lot of people would be quite sad if staff stopped running them, I also think some staff members enjoy running them too (I could be wrong about that though, it's just an impression I get).

Official Gimmick tourneys could be an exception to seeding.

edit: Also, I think a lot of people do participate for fun, but the prizes are also the main motivation and they should be given to the top 2 people that deserve them, or take away 2nd place prizes.