[Denied] Implement "Unsafe Areas" that yield higher EXP/EVs

I saw some1 mention using another channel, that could work. create a lawless channel where anything goes, no storyline. some1 also mentioned EVE online as an example, it shouldn't be hard to implement, though to prevent confusion the channels may need names.

this lawless channel could even spawn guilds and clans, which could replace the NPCs in the game, gyms, villains(team rocket, magma, aqua, galactic, plasma, contoso) elite 4 etc. to make battles fair nerf the guilds Pokémon based on the challengers Pokémon.

you would essentially create a complete MMO experience

I saw some1 mention using another channel, that could work. create a lawless channel where anything goes, no storyline. some1 also mentioned EVE online as an example, it shouldn't be hard to implement, though to prevent confusion the channels may need names.

this lawless channel could even spawn guilds and clans, which could replace the NPCs in the game, gyms, villains(team rocket, magma, aqua, galactic, plasma, contoso) elite 4 etc. to make battles fair nerf the guilds Pokémon based on the challengers Pokémon.

you would essentially create a complete MMO experience

I mentioned different servers, actually. I wouldn't want to be FORCED to play like this, but I'd like to have an account both on this and the WILDERNESS-server

I don't think pokemon should be agressively competitive, on any server. Pokemon is a game for light hearted fun. Griefers, or people who take fun in making others feel bad, should not be playing pokemon.

Just because its an MMO does NOT mean the point of the many people are to force a darwinian survival of the fittest, an MMO can be simply a multiplayer singleplayer game with text box and fun carefree battles, if you want to "pk" or be a jerk, go play another game

You should not be targeting other players maliciously in a pokemon game.

The only way i suggest you can do this, is if you want to be the bad guy you get restricted with team rocket type pokemon with a level cap of about 65, so that the "good" players never have to worry about you and can laugh in your face when you try to force them into a battle.

A game where the bad guys win, is not a pokemon game, the bad guy is to be mocked and humiliated, pokemon is a game for fun, cheerful, light hearted gameplay with co-operative competition.

I don't think pokemon should be agressively competitive, on any server. Pokemon is a game for light hearted fun. Griefers, or people who take fun in making others feel bad, should not be playing pokemon.

Just because its an MMO does NOT mean the point of the many people are to force a darwinian survival of the fittest, an MMO can be simply a multiplayer singleplayer game with text box and fun carefree battles, if you want to "pk" or be a jerk, go play another game

You should not be targeting other players maliciously in a pokemon game.

The only way i suggest you can do this, is if you want to be the bad guy you get restricted with team rocket type pokemon with a level cap of about 65, so that the "good" players never have to worry about you and can laugh in your face when you try to force them into a battle.

A game where the bad guys win, is not a pokemon game, the bad guy is to be mocked and humiliated, pokemon is a game for fun, cheerful, light hearted gameplay with co-operative competition.

What do you care? You dont have to play on the PVP server

team rocket is embaressingly incompetant, which i included in my argument, thats how being bad should come off as, imcompentant and weak, you can't be the bad guys and be incredibly powerful

And keeping pokemons integrity =/= saying all mmo's should be pacifistic, im just saying don't do it here

not all mmo's should be the same, which is what your doing, you play other mmo's that are all about griefing, and player killing, and thats all you know, get a big team/guild and bully noobs, so you want to carry it here, well i think its wrong to bring it to this setting

MMO's do not need to be the same, they don't need to be pvp or cutthroat, or even offer that option

look first I explained that guilds would have their teams levels reduced to match who they're challenging.

second this would only apply to 1 channel which would be labelled, so those who don't want any part of it, like yourself, can steer clear of it, so stop complaining, it wont affect u.

btw I wont be using that channel either(provided its implemented) but I don't like to hamper other peoples idea of fun just because I don't share the same appetite.

oh and of course team rocket are incompetent, its a kids cartoon and ash isn't that bright himself. what kind of message would it send if team rocket won - kids its ok to be bad - no!

what kind of message would it send if you let players grief on a pokemon server? the same message

I don't care if it affects me, i don't want that additude on any pokemon game/server/community

Also making the place give superior pokemon/rare pokemon would encourage people to go there even if they didn't want to, and i don't want a game where people who are willing to risk pvp are rewarded, wanting to pvp/wanting to risk loss should not reward you in this game

any and all future implementation of rare pokemon should be 100% luck based and all players should be able to get it without having to deal with any other players nonsense, strong players should not be able to fight for their chance to win rare pokemon, dedication and long hours hunting areas(grinding) should award you rare pokemon, such as shinies or legendary dogs/birds if they ever decide to put them into game, it should be about luck, not who has the best pokemon or who's guild is the largest/strongest, that just begs for players to be mean and agressive to get the best pokemon, which should be frowned upon

players should not be able to win good/rare pokemon by being mean to other players

what kind of message would it send if you let players grief on a pokemon server? the same message

I don't care if it affects me, i don't want that additude on any pokemon game/server/community

Also making the place give superior pokemon/rare pokemon would encourage people to go there even if they didn't want to, and i don't want a game where people who are willing to risk pvp are rewarded, wanting to pvp/wanting to risk loss should not reward you in this game

any and all future implementation of rare pokemon should be 100% luck based and all players should be able to get it without having to deal with any other players nonsense, strong players should not be able to fight for their chance to win rare pokemon, dedication and long hours hunting areas(grinding) should award you rare pokemon, such as shinies or legendary dogs/birds if they ever decide to put them into game, it should be about luck, not who has the best pokemon or who's guild is the largest/strongest, that just begs for players to be mean and agressive to get the best pokemon, which should be frowned upon

players should not be able to win good/rare pokemon by being mean to other players

I dont want your attitude on my PokeMMO community either. So deal with it.

yes I agree about the Pokémon encounters, there should be no difference between strengths or encounter rates/locations of Pokémon between channels but aside from that I don't agree.

u have a negative attitude to alternate points of view. u need to accept that u don't have some moral high ground on how the game should be played, accept that people have different opinions to you

It's not my opinion, its pikachu's opinion. if you don't agree with how gamefreak designed the series, then you should leave

If pikachu read this proposal, he would thundershock its maker/supporters

I have a negative additude towards people who try to have a destructive playstyle in a fun game, there is call of duty and battlefield and runescape and other games for additude like that

pokemon should stay as it is, theres no need to cross pokemon with a negative style of gameplay like enforced pvp privilidges

u just ruled out every1 playing this game, gamefreak designed a single-player story mode, not an MMO so according to ur own argument no1 should play this game. besides gamefreak isn't making this MMO so they don't exactly set the rules here. if ur so into the original series in all its integrity go play those and not this MMO

are u against progress or something? u refuse to accept any1 else's views and for some reason refuse to ignore it too. it has to be your way yes, as if no1 else's opinions matter.

just stay out of that channel if its implemented, don't even think about it, it wont even affect u.

I don't like this idea at all, we can already randomly challenge people, so why do we need this.

And yes, everyone is going to say "No, this is different because you can't decline!!!", well honestly I don't really care, because this idea is just ridiculous. People are just going to to lurk in there with entire teams of Level 100, fully EV trained Pokemon knocking out any person they don't like. Hell, Guilds could probably end up being the people who do this, since apparently there is perks of being in said area, they could keep those to themselves.

If I wanted to get attacked savagely, I'd play a different game, I prefer it if Pokemon stay within good standings and not allow player A to decide they don't like player B, and randomly attack them.

I've been wanting to reply to this thread for awhile, but never thought it would get people backing it up, but now I see I have to give some negative response here, because this game, and this idea, simply don't match well.

it's not progress, its degredation of the game

some changes can be good, such as multiplayer, but not changes that change the games spirit

the pokemon spirit is greater than gamefreak, its a pokelaw that transcends any developer

I'm against negative change to the community,especially if people can get the rare pokemon in those channels, then go showing them off on the safe channels

the communities additude affects everybody, all change like this can bring is envy and hate to the game

it's not progress, its degredation of the game

some changes can be good, such as multiplayer, but not changes that change the games spirit

the pokemon spirit is greater than gamefreak, its a pokelaw that transcends any developer

I'm against negative change to the community,especially if people can get the rare pokemon in those channels, then go showing them off on the safe channels

the communities additude affects everybody, all change like this can bring is envy and hate to the game

I know we're both on the same side on this argument, but the way you're making our argument look is a little less...... convincing.

are u arguing with me or the originally proposed idea which I don't agree with either

I already said rare/stronger Pokémon in 1 channel and not in another is stupid and some1 already said duels should be confirmed didn't they, and if not that's how the game is anyway, I don't recall being able to reject battles in the Pokémon games. they wont be level 100 because the game will cut them down based on the other players Pokémon, a point I've made now 5 times.

what im talking about is a story-less option for players so they can make their own story, create guilds and choose an objective eg become the new team rocket/magma/plasma. NPC trainers are replaced with other players of similar skill level

There is a competitive scene though, which also has gotten a lot more hype than the story. Not everyone is going around bragging about how they defeated a gym leader under any circumstances, and to make a dedicated PVP server/channel to me is just a glorified Competitive server/channel. You can join a guild or you can attempt to be more like Red and defeat each group of "evil" on your own. That's what pokemon is truly about, not just the guff about being friends with your pokemon, its about the bond and dedication to being the strongest...and optimized EVs and IVs+Natures and Abilities.

I would happily welcome a dedicated PVP channel and server, knowing that I can simply log out or even change channels after the cooldown if I don't like it, and not allowing it to affect my enjoyment of the MMO experience.

Okay in my opinion i think their is an easy solution to this a separate server/ channel that has the PvP that you must manually turn on by going to setting and activating PvP. In doing this your risk all money you have and if you dont have any a random item in your inventory. You can only force fights with other people that have red names ( the red name would indicate their pvp is on). Now to avoid people just starting fights and then leaving to a different channel, once you force a fight you must wait a 12 hour period where u can only be in that channel and must have your pvp activated.This would make it so that if you abused it and killed som1 you would put yourself at risk for a period of time this would separate the random griefer trolls who are to scared to fight people their level from the serious players who wish for a challenge when doing normal tasks.

I think this is the best way to do it without en-raging people maybe my idea is stupid i'd love to hear feedback ^^

You can only force fights with other people that have red names ( the red name would indicate their pvp is on). Now to avoid people just starting fights and then leaving to a different channel, once you force a fight you must wait a 12 hour period where u can only be in that channel and must have your pvp activated.

that's a good idea, red names for those who don't mind random indeclinable challenges to test their skills, it allows for an added option if people want the story-less mode but don't want to be challenged randomly and have no option

Nah people would just turn it off at all times and you're back to a different way of doing the current duel system.

Either you play PVP or you play PVE but switching shouldn't be easy, if possible at all. Hence, the seperate servers.

But that is why it would work for people who do want to pvp they have it on for those who don't then they wouldn't if the server ended up being 90% people with it off then obviously pvp was something that people wherent truly interested in and it was purely for the the advantages of getting and item or money from someone rather then being in a risky situation and relying on your abilities.