[Implemented] Global Trade Feature

I don't know how easy it would be to implement something like the GTS, but I feel that in the later stages of development a kind of GTS would be quite useful. As of now the only way to make a trade is to advertise on the forums or in the server's chatbox, but a GTS could allow players to deposit a Pokemon and simply wait for the trade to be complete. Along with specifying which Pokemon a trainer desires, and at what level, the inclusion of natures could make things nice for competitive players looking for a very specific Pokemon.

The original GTS was a bit flawed because it was hard to have the exactly the Pokemon asked. An easier way would be to be able to ask 1 out of a multiple choices of Pokemons that the seller wants or money.

To not enter a comprehensive and detailed list of every Pokemon you want every time you offer a Pokemon on the GTS, wishlists could be implemented. You can add detailed descriptions of each Pokemon you want to your wishlist and when you put a Pokemon on the GTS you check which Pokemon of your wishlist would be a valid offer. You could also search for Pokemons from your wishlist while browsing for deposited Pokemons. (Wishlists aren't my idea but it would be nice to use them with these options on the GTS)

I've never used the GTS, so I don't exactly know how it works. But I don't think it'd work very well competitively. It'd be rare for someone asking for a Timid Abra in exchange for a lonely Dratini to get the trade, because the person on the other end would have to be searching for the same trade but vice-versa.

• 5 months later...

Well considering that there are no pokemon that are really "rare" in this game, I don't see much use for this. Trade chat and trade forum is generally for people finding specific IVs/Natures. Can't really do that with a GTS. Currently the only use you'd get out of it is to find eeveelutions and trying to lucky dip on a 1 off pokes/chansey/scyther/pinsir/kangaskhan.

It should be added, and here is HOW it should be added:

First of all, we need a PC for this, we'll use the island 1 pokecenter server PC, since talking to IT helps nothing, and generates useless messages about it working. (you need to talk to the NPCs to get along storywise), now that the script has been modified so the PC does something different, here's what it'll do:

It pops up a big ol' PC box storage system LOOKING box. When you drag and drop a poke into the box, a second popup window pops up stating "what is the minimum thing you are willing to trade this for?" You can enter "Shiny (whatever)", "any pokemon holding a lucky egg", and so on. It would also have a tab stating "this is a trade offer for a poke in the system".

The auction/trade system would have 200 sets of boxes total, plenty enough for everyone.
When people are going through this, they can right-click the poke icon, and check the stats, held item, IVs, etc. And what that person is willing to trade it for.

Next, they put their own poke into the box where you offer it as a trade for a poke in the system. Hell, you can put several in, if someone is offering a rare incredible shiny for multiple lucky eggs or something.
It will tell you "offer pending, cancel or wait?"

Now, whenever the person who put the original poke up for auction checks on it again, they'll see all these people offering stuff for it, and they can check it out. Check out the ivs, stats, held item, etc.
If they accept the offer, BAM, the pokes are automatically transferred to their normal PC box for storage, and the one they offered up is sent to the other person's PC box.

Quick, clean, and impossible to scam.

Edit: This would shut up a lot of morons on trade channel, and change most chatter to "go to the tradestation, I have placed up for auction (poke)". It would also clean up global a little, as there's a bunch of fucktards that don't know to use trade.

[quote name='Kimikozen' timestamp='1358467773' post='165862']
I actually like this idea if we get really really specific info on that pokemon. Trade chat can get annoying and some people do not go on the forums, Solution = gts
[/quote]Exactly. No more scams, no more spam, no more annoying bullshit.

[quote name='KHXIII' timestamp='1358469742' post='165900']
There will most likely be an exploitable glitch that will allow users to steal Pokemon from other members, shutting this whole idea down completely.
[/quote]Not if it's added exactly point for point the way I just stated.

[quote name='Giygas' timestamp='1358469868' post='165903']
As a bug tester, I am vaguely mildly insulted you think I would let that slip by unnoticed ;)
[/quote]You're a rather good one at that, very few bugs crop up.

[quote name='Atuan' timestamp='1358897468' post='170092']
Species:
Level:
Min HP - Spe:
Ability:
Nature:
Clean/Unclean EV Toggle.

Seems like an easy search formula. Doesn't seem likely to happen, however.
[/quote]I don't see why not. I think it would take very little extra coding to add this.