[Denied] 2 Breeding Options [incl. old method with few changes]

Here is my suggestion for having 2 possible breeding options that can be chosen before every breeding session:

(The point is to have BOTH options available, not just one of them)

OPTION 1 (current method)

Parents [LOSE]

Tradable [YES]

Tournament/Comp [YES]

Reasoning: Use in tournaments/comps and trading.

OPTION 2 (requested method)

Parents [KEEP]

Tradable [NO] (applies to ALL future children and their children's children, and so on...)

Tournament/Comp [NO] (applies to ALL future children and their children's children, and so on...)

Reasoning: Have no interest in doing tourneys/comp. Untradable for economical reasons.

Thank you for reading my suggestion, I look forward to your feedback. If you dislike the idea, please tell me why.

Edited by Teritha

so you can choose between trading them away and being usable for comp? 

Still doesnt change the fact that you are still cloning pokemon, which is a bad thing and devs will never let it happen again.

I understand the economical problems, but what else was the problem with cloning pokemon before?

firstly and most important is that it destroys the economy over time as you said. and this in itsself is more than enough reason to keep the current breedingsystem. having a functional economy is pretty important for an MMo.

also it removes the fact that some pokemon is more rare than others completley. 

with the current system you are encouraged/forced to run around all over the map in diffrent aeras hunting pokemon, pre-update people where just standing in viridian or island 4 doing nothing but comp and wait for eggs. the game is alot more enjoyable now imo.

also a big loophole in your suggestion if i understand it correctly. you could breed 2 tradeable pokes with comp-like Ivs/nature/moveset and just sell them so they could breed them and make a comp. and you could keep on breeding the exact same pokemons and sell them again. 

also a big loophole in your suggestion if i understand it correctly. you could breed 2 tradeable pokes with comp-like Ivs/nature/moveset and just sell them so they could breed them and make a comp. and you could keep on breeding the exact same pokemons and sell them again. 

The main point of option 2 is so that it is NOT tradable or usable in comp, thus keeping the need to use option 1 for trading and comp.

The main point of option 2 is so that it is NOT tradable or usable in comp, thus keeping the need to use option 1 for trading and comp.

ahh ok i understand it now lol.

thats actaully not that bad tbh. I dont really see the big need for this and i guess it would be pretty hard/complicated to implement considering every pokemon would have to be marked and such. but other then that i dont think it would make a very negative impact on the game. 

although it would be very confusing for new people tho...

So if I understood this correctly,which i doubt I did,you could just breed two godlys using option 2,then wait for a male and female godly baby and breed those two using option 1 which would produce another godly,and then just repeat the proces over and over again? If that's true i can tell you that this will never happen as some people told before me.But I think I misunderstood everything because I'm so damn tired now ;-;

although it would be very confusing for new people tho...

That would be my only worry :) I think maybe a lot of people in this thread don't understand it completely, or don't like the concept of someone not interested in comps/tourneys. Either way, thank you for your feedback.

So if I understood this correctly,which i doubt I did,you could just breed two godlys using option 2,then wait for a male and female godly baby and breed those two using option 1 which would produce another godly,and then just repeat the proces over and over again? If that's true i can tell you that this will never happen as some people told before me.But I think I misunderstood everything because I'm so damn tired now ;-;

I think you may have misunderstood :) The point was that a pokemon created through option 2 will have its children (and their children's children...) either restricted to option 2 or just not allowed to be traded or usable in comps/tourneys regardless of option choice.

I think you may have misunderstood :) The point was that a pokemon created through option 2 will have its children (and their children's children...) either restricted to option 2 or just not allowed to be traded or usable in comps/tourneys regardless of option choice.

Aah I think I'm slowly getting it,but as Tritios already said it it would be very confusing for new players,other than that i don't really see any problems