[Denied]Masuda Method

This is a suggestion for something they can add when they work on breeding, and my idea as to how to implement it.

The masuda method is a method of breeding that allows for easier time getting shinys, but requires a pokemon from another country.

PokeMMO however does not currently have any way to determine this, but I have a alternative.

If one of the parents, OR both are shiny, then the Masuda Method would apply, and boost the odds of the offspring being shiny, similar to how IVS and Natures can be passed on with the right items.

If you have any suggestions as to improvements or other feedback, please post it! I would be happy to hear what the community thinks of my idea for a improvement on a planned feature.

hmm... well, my only question then is: how would they know who is from what country?

I think partly with the "wrecks the point of shinies" is shinies are supposed to be hard to get. So the method wold be one of the last things to be added. If they do, I'm sure that it wouldn't be hard for the server to know the location of computers connected to it.

As far as I know, the Matsuda Method wasn't implemented in the actual games until Gen IV..... when getting a Pokemon from another Country was actually, I don't know, possible.

So this idea doesn't currently have the capabilities of being put in, plus as others have said shiny Pokemon are a rare thing, and adding this will just make everyone breed until almost everyone has half of their party as shiny Pokemon.

all i was saying is maybe adding other options, and they did implement SOME gen IV stuff, so this COULD make the cut, just depends on opinion.

Unless I'm blind to all things in the game, nothing from Gen IV has been implemented other than the ability to have a Pokemon follow you.

This is a suggestion for something they can add when they work on breeding, and my idea as to how to implement it.

The masuda method is a method of breeding that allows for easier time getting shinys, but requires a pokemon from another country.

PokeMMO however does not currently have any way to determine this, but I have a alternative.

If one of the parents, OR both are shiny, then the Masuda Method would apply, and boost the odds of the offspring being shiny, similar to how IVS and Natures can be passed on with the right items.

If you have any suggestions as to improvements or other feedback, please post it! I would be happy to hear what the community thinks of my idea for a improvement on a planned feature.

This is stupid. Why do you want to devalue shiny Pokemon by adding something that has nothing to do with this MMO.

This is stupid. Why do you want to devalue shiny Pokemon by adding something that has nothing to do with this MMO.

um... for customization? Besides, shinys are only valuable like gold is valuable, if for some reason we got like 100 k tons of gold each day in like a 5 day period, the value would drop due to the supply. Its no different. Just because something has great supply and demand doesn't mean it will always be that way for perpetuality :)

Besides, shinys are only valuable like gold is valuable, if for some reason we got like 100 k tons of gold each day in like a 5 day period, the value would drop due to the supply. Its no different. Just because something has great supply and demand doesn't mean it will always be that way for perpetuality.

That's exactly what I said. Shiny Pokemon aren't a customization though. they are a currency and a prize. We don't want people debating which would look better and whether or not they should choose to get a shiny Pokemon. We want them to stay valuable and a valid prize or trophy.

Even I, who have never had a shiny (except once in a platinum rom. Was ponyta. Computer and the save has since died) feel shiny should stay rare and a prize.

I once did a hack to only encounter shiny Pokemon. Was cool looking but totally wasn't special. I'd rather a prized and rare rattata than a cool looking common black charizard.

The entire point of the Masuda Method is to create relationships via Pokemon between two people who would normally not interact with each other because of the spacial distances. PokeMMO is currently a melting pot of many different cultures and peoples - this will not get implemented.

The entire point of the Masuda Method is to create relationships via Pokemon between two people who would normally not interact with each other because of the spacial distances.

A friend of mine moved back to Japan after his mother died. We keep in touch through Pokemon.

I cried a little.