[Denied] Help newbs getting into comp gameplay

Hello!

This is my suggestion:

After beating E4 in both regions, give new players free pokemon to make it easier for them on their first steps into PvP.

For example:

- After beating the second E4, the professor let's you choose 3 pokemon which will help you getting into comp battles.

- You can choose from a list of level 50 Pokemon which are frequently used in OU tier (e.g. Skarmory, Dusclops, Weezing, Starmie, Arcanine,... etc)

- These pokes have a useful nature, not bad IVs and a useful moveset (e.g. Skarm with Spikes/Roar, Dusclops with W-o-w/Pain-Split, ... etc)

- When choosing a poke, the Prof gives you a brief explaination of the strengths and weaknesses of the chosen poke. (E.g. "Skarm is physically defensive but weak to special moves. Use it to set pressure on your opponent with Spikes")

HOWEVER:

- These Pokemon are not tradeable and can not be used for breeding

- The list to choose from will not include starters or very rare/hard-to-get Pokemons

- The movesets will not include rare, expensive or "hard-to-get" moves (egg moves, shard-tutor-moves,..)

- The Pokemons are not EV trained. You have to do that yourself

- The IVs are higher than 15 (above average) but can't compete with "real" comps with IVs 25+.

What do you think about this?

I think this will not hurt the economy and will not make it too easy for new players. Still, it will give them a small motivation to become a PvPer, because, you know, knowing that you have to breed, ev-train, level-up and getting the moves for at least 6 Pokemon to even get started with PvP can be very discouraging! I know you can always grind money and buy your first pokes, however I think it will bring much more new players in the PvP scene when they just get some "goodies" for free.

I do agree that this is a nice idea but I also must say that as convenient as it sounds, it would not be an ideal one, as just giving away free comp pokemon to every character would just be too easy. It would simply be handholding and we want the exact opposite of that-we want players to be independant (in a sense) and be able to start competitive play by themselves so they have a better understanding of the game; however, I do encourage players to help others with things like this (staff members are available as well to answer questions about it). With that being said, I greatly doubt something like this will be implemented.