WHAT about… 4th gen

ReDellaStrada47

Question

I’m sure other people did this, but I’ve got problems with the search in this forum XD

Will we ever have moves, item and abilities from fourth generation? I’m not asking when but if 1(if it is planned, if it is not, if it will sure not be...).

I don’t want 4th gen’s region or story. I don’t want pokemons. I just want moves and battle items, and maybe abilities.

Battling would be better :) A LOT MORE various.

And the Item Clause: "All pokemon on a team must hold different items (or no item at all)." will have sense.

1 Help a non native speaker. Is it correct "if" or it would be better "whether"?

Reason why I think we will never see Johto, Sinnoh, etc, is because, Devs won't use hacked roms, which means they have to be original.
But then, we all know the graphics on Soul silver/ Heart gold are kinda 3d, ( released on the Nintendo DS ), keeping the same graphics on kanto - hoenn and having a 3d region would be weird. If they decide to " create it " johto on their own, that would put them at risk since they would be making a download of the client including a rom, which is not their purpose. But of course there are solutions to that, hopefully it can happen.

I'm pretty sure the devs confirmed Johto at some point, but they said it would take a very long time (couple years at least). Also, nobody said anything about using the DS engine for Johto. It was a GBC game before DS. If there are any issues, they would be likely be legal rather than technical.

I think that here is more important the PvP than the PvE... I mean it's PokeMMO. So I think that is more important to fix the "slow play" (item) problem, wich is a big one in single battle (a lot less in double, but here we do more single than double... so...) than add new story/region, that you can just do elsewhere.
But I'd like to see staff's opinion XD

Right now the priority for the devs is to fi/n/ish what is left of the regions w/e/ currently have in game. This is features like the contests and the beauty mechanic. Other regions have not been confirmed but they are also not out of the question either. We just have to wait and see what the devs decide to do in the future.

I dont understand why people want 4th gen already when hoenn isnt even completed. And ill be honest guys. were prob not getting another region. And im cool with that, just as long as we get a lot of dungeons and more secret base features.

I've already said that I don't want 4th gen, just to fix comp.

I'm pretty sure the devs confirmed Johto at some point, but they said it would take a very long time (couple years at least). Also, nobody said anything about using the DS engine for Johto. It was a GBC game before DS. If there are any issues, they would be likely be legal rather than technical.

It shouldn't be that hard to make the maps for johto using the Emerald/Fire Red rom for pallets. However the scripting may be the hardest part.. But then again Johto story line takes place 3 years after Kanto, so it would have to be a custom Johto (or we use a Time Machine *cough* Bill *cough*) 

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?%2Ftopic%2F63100-changelog-13042016%2F

Added Special / Swift Choice Band

Provides +50% SP.Attack / +50% Speed respectively

OMG  :D

I hope we will have cherry for super effective moves, Expert Belt, Black Sludge, Life Orb, Metronome... ... ...

We need the Item Clause: "All pokemon on a team must hold different items (or no item at all)."

Edited by ReDellaStrada47

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?%2Ftopic%2F63100-changelog-13042016%2F

Added Special / Swift Choice Band

Provides +50% SP.Attack / +50% Speed respectively

OMG  :D

I hope we will have cherry fot super effectiv type, Expert Belt, Black Sludge, Life Orb, Metronome... ... ...

We need the Item Clause: "All pokemon on a team must hold different items (or no item at all)."

The item clause won't matter, we have Knock Off, covet, thief to name a few moves to deal with them.

i don't read much on it but i don't even know or understand why we didn't get jhoto by now. but since we going forward a;ready i'd definately rather sinnoh before jhoto since it has more pokemon that will come into play. more items. and great story. I mostly care about the evolutions, really like; weavile, electavire, magmotar, ryperior, gallade, froglass, magnezone, lickilicky, etc. I would love if they compromised and gave us jhoto but added the evos then made sinnoh after,

Edited by takeshiblue

i don't reach much on it but i don't even know or understand why we didn't get jhoto by now. but since we going forward a;ready i'd definately rather sinnoh before jhoto since it has more pokemon that will come into play. more items. and great story. I mostly care about the evolutions, really like; weavile, electavire, magmotar, ryperior, gallade, froglass, magnezone, lickilicky, etc. I would love if they compromised and gave us jhoto but added the evos then made sinnoh after,

jesus people forget about new regions already. cant tell if your trolling or not. why dont we worry about gameplay and features before we start whinning for jhoto or sinnoh. and i hope you know theres no gen 3 visual rom for either region. so ill be completely honest with you. prob not gonna happen any time soon.

jesus people forget about new regions already. cant tell if your trolling or not. why dont we worry about gameplay and features before we start whinning for jhoto or sinnoh. and i hope you know theres no gen 3 visual rom for either region. so ill be completely honest with you. prob not gonna happen any time soon.

I agree with this.

My idea, as I said, is not to put 4gen, what I want is to balance the comp system. And we need the Item Clause to do it.

Technically there IS custom roms that have Johto using gen 3 visuals. However I believe the devs stated they weren't going to use it.

How can i posssibly be trolling if i state an honest opinion and don't say people when I'm just stating my opinions or thoughts. The gameplay isn't messed up or anything and more features would be added either or if they add a new region we were missing things when they started hoenn as a optional region so what would be different now and they don't have to have the sinnoh graphics to make the region, actually they might. depends on how they want to do it , its not impossible, also i said the compromise if they coudln't is just to add on jhoto and add sinnoh pokemon and items.

How can i posssibly be trolling if i state an honest opinion and don't say people when I'm just stating my opinions or thoughts. The gameplay isn't messed up or anything and more features would be added either or if they add a new region we were missing things when they started hoenn as a optional region so what would be different now and they don't have to have the sinnoh graphics to make the region, actually they might. depends on how they want to do it , its not impossible, also i said the compromise if they coudln't is just to add on jhoto and add sinnoh pokemon and items.

Maybe...you should...read this...?

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/63044-suck-it-up-newgenners-a-lesson-by-jj/

Yes, it is...

40mins or more for a 6v6 single OU in each tournament -.-

We need the Item Clause. It is not a new (+4gen) rule, it is in 3gen! (Battle Frontier)

Just stop with the item clause. Nobody except you wants it. It's a terribly annoying feature that prevents you from having two checks to the most annoying or dangerous Pokemon in the meta. If you hate everyone using Leftovers, maybe you should start using Knock Off, Thief, Covet, Trick, or one of the many other ways we have to nullify or outpace Leftovers. Just get over it.