Make "PC Expansion" from Gift Shop in-game tradeable

Matoka

Question

10 answers to this question

That would be nice but nah.I feel like it should stay like it is because in lots of pokemon games i've played (online ones) most have that option with real life cash.

This is almost the same as my suggestion.Trade IRL cash for in game money.People will only buy this items to sell.So i think it should stay as it is.

7 minutes ago, Kouteshi said:

That would be nice but nah.I feel like it should stay like it is because in lots of pokemon games i've played (online ones) most have that option with real life cash.

This is almost the same as my suggestion.Trade IRL cash for in game money.People will only buy this items to sell.So i think it should stay as it is.

We already have that option with real life cash in order to purchase Vanity items or to purchase Donator Status, Makeover Kits, or Name Change tickets and sell them in game, PC Expansions are one of the few things from Gift Shop that aren't tradeable, the other being just Amnesia brace IIRC

Also this is not comparable to trading IRL cash for In-Game cash, the reason being is:

If you trade IRL money for In-Game cash that cash is generated and added to the economy

If you trade IRL money for an Item and sell that Item for In-Game cash, that cash is NOT generated, it already existed and is just changing hands

The prior contributes to inflation and devalues in-game currency which has a lot of downsides to it, the latter does not contribute to inflation at all because no new money is generated, which is preferable.

Also, making more items in Gift Shop available to people without access to IRL money that they can spend on Pokemmo makes the game more fair and less Pay2Win in general, and having more PC boxes can be argued to be an advantage over other players

However I will admit that any advantage that would give would be minor considering we have access to as many accounts as we want in order to store things in the PC's of and storage alts are common place, however there are fees and time consumed transferring pokemon between accounts so it is still a disadvantage to not have access to PC expansions overall, even if it rarely comes into play.

Edited by Matoka
8 minutes ago, Matoka said:

We already have that option with real life cash in order to purchase Vanity items or to purchase Donator Status, Makeover Kits, or Name Change tickets and sell them in game, PC Expansions are one of the few things from Gift Shop that aren't tradeable, the other being just Amnesia brace IIRC

Also this is not comparable to trading IRL cash for In-Game cash, the reason being is:

If you trade IRL money for In-Game cash that cash is generated and added to the economy

If you trade IRL money for an Item and sell that Item for In-Game cash, that cash is NOT generated, it already existed and is just changing hands

The prior contributes to inflation and devalues in-game currency which has a lot of downsides to it, the latter does not contribute to inflation at all because no new money is generated, which is preferable.

Also, making more items in Gift Shop available to people without access to IRL money that they can spend on Pokemmo makes the game more fair and less Pay2Win in general, and having more PC boxes can be argued to be an advantage over other players

However I will admit that any advantage that would give would be minor considering we have access to as many accounts as we want in order to store things in the PC's of and storage alts are common place, however there are fees and time consumed transferring pokemon between accounts so it is still a disadvantage to not have access to PC expansions overall, even if it rarely comes into play.

Well Atm they're trying to remove money from game.Too much paydayers i guess

Still i don't think this is good this is like the only item that's not tradeable and should continue.

And isn't that much cash only 20 $

Get a job and it's ez

3 minutes ago, Kouteshi said:

Well Atm they're trying to remove money from game.Too much paydayers i guess

Still i don't think this is good this is like the only item that's not tradeable and should continue.

And isn't that much cash only 20 $

Get a job and it's ez

You aren't providing any reasoning behind WHY it should continue to not be available

Also your attitude towards money is up to you, however there are people who like to conserve their money better and instead earn things in game, which is what a free-to-play is designed to allow people to do.

Every feature in a game should be available to every player in the game, regardless of if they spend Real World cash or not

Edited by Matoka
28 minutes ago, Matoka said:

You aren't providing any reasoning behind WHY it should continue to not be available

Also your attitude towards money is up to you, however there are people who like to conserve their money better and instead earn things in game, which is what a free-to-play is designed to allow people to do.

Every feature in a game should be available to every player in the game, regardless of if they spend Real World cash or not

Not every player need box Expansion.7 boxes are enough for Casual and competitive players.

The STRONGEST players are the ones who need that.Because they make lots of pokes.

What every player doesn't do,is release the bad ivs pokes.

So why do every player need it?

Also there's too much money in game i think they're trying to remove.So atm i only see players donating to get in game cash.

I donate money because i wanna help the game grow,even if all players reply to be with rude answers i always try to make the game better.

That's my reasons i guess.And no not every feature needs to be available to all players.I haven't seen a MMO outside of this one that all skins/items are available.This is like the only game that has these features.I think that pc feature should stay in the gift shop but let's hear more posts of other users to see if im correct or not.Ofc it would still be nice to have this.

Just now, Kouteshi said:

Not every player need box Expansion.7 boxes are enough for Casual and competitive players.

The STRONGEST players are the ones who need that.Because they make lots of pokes.

What every player doesn't do,is release the bad ivs pokes.

So why do every player need it?

Also there's too much money in game i think they're trying to remove.So atm i only see players donating to get in game cash.

I donate money because i wanna help the game grow,even if all players reply to be with rude answers i always try to make the game better.

That's my reasons i guess.And no not every feature needs to be available to all players.I haven't seen a MMO outside of this one that all skins/items are available.This is like the only game that has these features.I think that pc feature should stay in the gift shop but let's hear more posts of other users to see if im correct or not.Ofc it would still be nice to have this.

The first part I highlighted, as you said new players do not need this, however older players with lots of competitive pokemon do, It limits how many pokemon they can store which unlike a vanity item actually matters for GAMEPLAY, which should always be avoided and be made available to all players in order to be FAIR and in order to avoid giving players with more income an unfair advantage.

The second part I highlighted: You are correct there are lots of games that do not offer everything to all players whether they can pay up or not, however that is the very reasoning behind the expression "Pay2Win" and is what makes some games bad, Vanity items are forgivable because they don't affect gameplay, but this isnt a vanity item we are talking about, I can tell you that NEXON is a terrible offender of this where many of their games have had things in their cash shops that were completely unfair to players who could not afford them, please explain to me why this is a "Good thing" and should be "Kept the same"

Also why are mentioning "there is too much money in the game" this suggestion could not possibly affect the amount of PokeYen in circulation in the game in any way, money changing hands does not add more money to the economy so that point is unrelated to the discussion