[Denied] OP can lock threads

In general, don't give powers to people that create more problems than they solve.

-Lock your own thread- Helps people self-lock useless threads (trade threads come to mind) without a mod's help. It's hard to abuse this- if the OP shuts down a conversation in the thread, a new thread can always be made.

-Delete your own thread- Redundant with locking threads, but lets the OP hide anything he doesn't want to be shown. Leave this to the mods.

-Move your own thread- Most people know where to post threads, and the potential for abuse is huge. Leave this to the mods.

-Delete your own post in a thread (except for the OP)- Sure, it's like editing. Also helps with accidental double posts.

Stay on topic. Avoid flaming others. Thanks guys! ;)

I do not believe a change will be made to allow original topic posters / topic creators can move/remove/lock their own posts. Just either PM a moderator of that forum, or global mod/GM/SGM or report your own post to either close or delete it.

We tend to respond to reported topics pretty quickly.

I repeat my statments with other words.

If IP.Board is like other forum providers, then locking threads of your own just can't be done. Why?, because that permission goes embbed to an entire section of the forum, not own threads only. There's is a very small chance (just error margin, but I do believe there's no chance at all) that IP.Board allows to set this permission.

Besides that, closing threads is ALWAYS a job for a moderator, and if everyone feels like common users should be able to do it aswell, then the correct solution is add more forum moderators.

I don't share your beliefs.

Tell me, Kudasai. Why would you create more work for yourself and your colleagues while granting these permissions have no significant downsides. At all.

^

This whole idea is primarily to help mods. I can't really see any possible abuse or reasons not to include this feature.

^

This whole idea is primarily to help mods. I can't really see any possible abuse or reasons not to include this feature.

Because it CAN'T BE DONE ON IPB, the software this forum is run on. It would need all members to be part of some moderation group, which won't happen. (Hours and hours of work just transferring members to different groups, not to mention there's no way to make new members part of a moderation group already, so you would have to add them there manually after they make their account.)

Just report the OP, and ask for it to be closed. The amount of work to implement this idea isn't worth it.

No forum provider has the option that the OP suggests, as far as I know.

^

Any good forum has the capability of giving posters permission to delete their own posts.

It can be as "nifty" as you want, Gaara, but that doesn't mean shit when you cant do anything with it.

"the option that the OP suggests" = Blocking own threads. Not deleting.

Sure deleting is possible, but if they didn't make it available must be for some reason (it's ON by default). Anyways, delete only works if no one posted after you, wich only makes it usefull against accidental double posts or threads, wich are not an important problem.

No forum provider has the option that the OP suggests, as far as I know.

Then you've barely used any at all.

If this provider doesn't have the option, then fine, this suggestion should be scrapped for obvious reasons...

...but that post was silly.