untradeable items

I thought i read somewhere that some of the untradeable items you pick up in story would turn into tradeable when story was done. 

Is that the case? and if so after what part. I did e4 and assumed they would be updated after that. 

If its not the case, why are so many of the consumables and even berries marked as untradeable?

The double ups i got of items annoys me more than it should 

Rip, some of these items seem so unessecary to me, Lowe tier consumables like full heal and Elixir, Evolutinary stones, Even some berries are untradeable. 

and to some degree EV-items and Move tutors items. But i guess there is the balanace argument, that might affect the economy more than i think it does. 

4 hours ago, Tritios said:

Rip, some of these items seem so unessecary to me, Lowe tier consumables like full heal and Elixir, Evolutinary stones, Even some berries are untradeable. 

and to some degree EV-items and Move tutors items. But i guess there is the balanace argument, that might affect the economy more than i think it does. 

honestly it wouldn't affect the ecconomy that badly to have consumable being tradeable becaus many people won't even  bother to try to sell those item it just make a mess in your bag by having some item in double even worse i got a berry that is in tripple for some reason

18 minutes ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

becaus many people won't even  bother to try to sell those item it just make a mess in your bag by having some item in double even worse i got a berry that is in tripple for some reason

To be honest that seems more like an argument for the ability to 'toss' items than it does to make them tradeable. (Because if they're not using them, we don't want them to trade them).

I disagree with the notion that many people wouldn't bother trying to sell them (At least for a reasonable amount of them) - and if that were genuinely the case, why do they need to be tradeable at all?

And if what you're saying is the true, then the untradeable tag just ensures it. (which is a necessity for economic stability)

The items are intended to help players going through the storyline, and the untradeability tag was put there to make sure that the method of obtaining them via their renewable source is still the most viable option.

The example you've given (while I'm not intending to ignore the annoyance) is purely for vanity purposes.

Distinguishing between tradeable and untradeable variants through separate stacks is something many games do, and is also important to help people understand the difference between 2 of the same item.

3 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

To be honest that seems more like an argument for the ability to 'toss' items than it does to make them tradeable.

I disagree with the notion that many people wouldn't bother trying to sell them - and if that were genuinely the case, why do they need to be tradeable at all?

And if what you're saying is the true, then the untradeable tag just ensures that it is the case (which is a necessity for economic stability)

The items are intended to help players going through the storyline, and the untradeability tag was put there to make sure that the method of obtaining them via their renewable source is still the most viable option.

The example you've given (while I'm not intending to ignore the annoyance) is purely for vanity purposes.

Distinguishing between tradeable and untradeable variants through separate stacks is something many games do, and is also important to help people understand the difference between 2 of the same item.

my argument isn't only for the vanity purposes because pretty much all the untradeable item we have now where tradeable before and that didn't affected that much the economy some of them like the black glasses wheren't even consumable for anything before and we could still trade them also the time it take to obtain those item via the storyline take enought time that it would make this much easier than farming them. if things are working fine why change them? it's just anoying and frustrating for the most part. only a very few item can really hurt the economy by being tradeable

4 hours ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

my argument isn't only for the vanity purposes because pretty much all the untradeable item we have now where tradeable before and that didn't affected that much the economy some of them like the black glasses wheren't even consumable for anything before and we could still trade them also the time it take to obtain those item via the storyline take enought time that it would make this much easier than farming them. if things are working fine why change them? it's just anoying and frustrating for the most part. only a very few item can really hurt the economy by being tradeable

There is an important point to be made here;

Yes, running through the storyline from start -> finish would objectively be a much slower method for obtaining most items that have now been made untradeable with the recent changes.

However what a lot of people do not realize is that a large majority of these items ended up within the GTL or in trade chat - there is a constant supply being added with each individual playthrough of the game.

On an individual level it may seem as though them being tradeable has very little economic effect - but the bigger picture is that almost everybody is/was selling their storyline items for easy cash instead of using them (mostly because they didn't need to), and this meant that the renewable sources that we put in place saw no use at all - it meant that people who had obtained those items by actually going to hunt for them or from a lucky 'drop' during farming had to compete with the prices of those chucked on the GTL for quick storyline cash.

As I said above - the purpose of these items is to help aid through the players through the storyline - their state in a single player game is understandable, but in an MMO environment they cause economic problems with lots of accounts playing through the storyline at any given time, people are able to obtain these items and sell of their excess (when their intent is purely to aid them with their own individual gameplay)

By making them untradeable we can ensure that this is the case for all items given out throughout the storyline, but also allowing us to reward players for exploring particular areas/finding items in a 'renewable' way while exploring/farming.

This gives us the ability to make many more areas in the game 'worthwhile'.

So tl;dr:

From an individual level it might not feel like having these items tradeable may be a negative to the economy, but from a more global scale they are.

When it comes to MMO design, the global scale is something that can't be ignored - otherwise it leads to situations where being able to earn X item through storyline gameplay invalidates the renewable source (intended method of obtaining more) of that item.

This can harm both the items value and certain aspects of gameplay.

7 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

There is an important point to be made here;

Yes, running through the storyline from start -> finish would objectively be a much slower method for obtaining most items that have now been made untradeable with the recent changes.

However what a lot of people do not realize is that a large majority of these items ended up within the GTL or in trade chat - there is a constant supply being added with each individual playthrough of the game.

On an individual level it may seem as though them being tradeable has very little economic effect - but the bigger picture is that almost everybody is/was selling their storyline items for easy cash instead of using them (mostly because they didn't need to), and this meant that the renewable sources that we put in place saw no use at all - it meant that people who had obtained those items by actually going to hunt for them or from a lucky 'drop' during farming had to compete with the prices of those chucked on the GTL for quick storyline cash.

As I said above - the purpose of these items is to help aid through the players through the storyline - their state in a single player game is understandable, but in an MMO environment they cause economic problems with lots of accounts playing through the storyline at any given time, people are able to obtain these items and sell of their excess (when their intent is purely to aid them with their own individual gameplay)

By making them untradeable we can ensure that this is the case for all items given out throughout the storyline, but also allowing us to reward players for exploring particular areas/finding items in a 'renewable' way while exploring/farming.

This gives us the ability to make many more areas in the game 'worthwhile'.

So tl;dr:

From an individual level it might not feel like having these items tradeable may be a negative to the economy, but from a more global scale they are.

When it comes to MMO design, the global scale is something that can't be ignored - otherwise it leads to situations where being able to earn X item through storyline gameplay invalidates the renewable source (intended method of obtaining more) of that item.

This can harm both the items value and certain aspects of gameplay.

there is one issue that i see with that it's that more player will be forced to farm those item to make money since farming trainer isn't has good has it was before but many won't be interested in doing so wich would just raise the price of these item but since there isn't has much money being created with the people stinking in post game wich are probably bigger consumer of those item. so in the end the economy will slowly be crashing becaus we will be way to dependant on the new player money.

yeah i think i am getting slightly off topic here but we still have an economy issue i feel

15 hours ago, Darkshade said:

To be honest that seems more like an argument for the ability to 'toss' items than it does to make them tradeable.

Ability to disassemble items to get base products would be neat in this case. Certain shit tier items, like potions would actually find some use.