Since the TMs are only 1 use in the game why not make all TMs available for purchase through Game Corner as prizes? It would have a similar system to the Battle Frontier but with coins. If we used battle points it could be abused by players challenging lower leveled players to farm Battle Points. It would take more effort to get the TMs than just buying them from Celadon Mall. If the system of TMs not being only 1 use like in Black/White were to be implemented, many players would be at a disadvantage if they used up a TM,

This has been previously discussed. TMs will remain as the game intended them to be: One-time use, and only obtainable from Gym Leaders, Celadon Mall, and sitting on the ground. Ways to obtain any TM you wanted would change the economy and allow players to give a TM to every pokemon in their party, especially if it was an overpowered move. Sorry, but I dont see this happening anytime soon.

TM reusability will single handedly decide what metagame pokemmo will have.

By having readily accessible TMs, a player will be able to assemble a team of the best Pokemon with the best movesets. I believe this is the way to go if a competitive metagame was the goal of Pokemmo.

However, I personally feel that TMs are better off if they were not readily accessible. It is not because of Pokemon being taught overpowered moves, that is a laughable reasoning. However, I support the lack of reusable TMs due to it leading to a different metagame. Players will not be able to simply go to Smogon and copy out a moveset for a pokemon and slap it into his team. Instead players will need to think to themselves. "Ok my Starmie has Tbolt and my Gengar can only have Thunder... Should I opt to use Magneton with Spark or Electabuzz with Thunderpunch which have a higher hit rate."

As for whether there be a game corner? I personally think this won't work, out of the fact that it becomes a matter of luck and in the end players WILL farm their TMs, simple as that. But as for whether or not the game corner should have access to most TMs? Well, this is for the creator of Pokemmo to decide.

Do we want a competitive environment like Shoddybattle and Pokemononline or an environment different from what we already have?

This has been previously discussed. TMs will remain as the game intended them to be: One-time use, and only obtainable from Gym Leaders, Celadon Mall, and sitting on the ground. Ways to obtain any TM you wanted would change the economy and allow players to give a TM to every pokemon in their party, especially if it was an overpowered move. Sorry, but I dont see this happening anytime soon.

TMs were not made with the idea of the game being the way PokeMMO is though. Being able to buy TMs wouldn't just change the economy. It would CREATE an economy. There's not many desirable items that you can buy with pokedollars, so they really don't have much use outside of stocking up on pokeballs, and buying the occasional evolutionary stone. I'm not going to trade my shiny pokemon for 1million pokedollars when I know that nobody is going to want the useless currency. Instead I'm forced to find someone who both wants this pokemon I have, and has something that I want in return. The barter system has many flaws, and is just frustrating at times. If there were a shop that had very expensive TMs then people would actually have a reason to see the pokedollars as having value, and most players would be willing to use it as currency. Currently there is no economy to speak of other than "hey does anyone have this pokemon I want?" "I might have something you want, but probably not..."

All limiting TMs does is take away options from players. If there's only one Tbolt TM; choosing which pokemon to give it to, and having to give another pokemon Thunder instead isn't exactly a strategic choice. It's just limiting my choices, and making me have inferior choices, or having to grind my way through the story again for another TM. This is a poor gameplay mechanic, and is not conducive to an MMO.

TMs were not made with the idea of the game being the way PokeMMO is though. Being able to buy TMs wouldn't just change the economy. It would CREATE an economy. There's not many desirable items that you can buy with pokedollars, so they really don't have much use outside of stocking up on pokeballs, and buying the occasional evolutionary stone. I'm not going to trade my shiny pokemon for 1million pokedollars when I know that nobody is going to want the useless currency. Instead I'm forced to find someone who both wants this pokemon I have, and has something that I want in return. The barter system has many flaws, and is just frustrating at times. If there were a shop that had very expensive TMs then people would actually have a reason to see the pokedollars as having value, and most players would be willing to use it as currency. Currently there is no economy to speak of other than "hey does anyone have this pokemon I want?" "I might have something you want, but probably not..."

All limiting TMs does is take away options from players. If there's only one Tbolt TM; choosing which pokemon to give it to, and having to give another pokemon Thunder instead isn't exactly a strategic choice. It's just limiting my choices, and making me have inferior choices, or having to grind my way through the story again for another TM. This is a poor gameplay mechanic, and is not conducive to an MMO.

QFT

The game won't even be worth playing if you can't get Pokemon with the moves you want. Anyone who wants to participate in a tournament will just be forced to make alts to get what they need for their teams. But what's the point of that? Haven't we earned the right to the endgame by the time we've played through the storyline? And in the first place, we've all played Red and Blue's storyline enough times, you want to force us to make alts and do it again every time we want a simple TM? Just make them available. I don't care if they are expensive as hell or I have to jump through flaming hoops, just make a way for us to get them. Please.

That's the worst thing I have ever heard.

I think Sliceofbread hit the nail on the head. I really don't see why it would be such a bad idea to even give access to all TMs for free after the Elite Four have been defeated. There really is no 'TM economy,' and there's no strategy to forcing players to use sub-optimal abilities on some of their Pokemon solely because they made another the best it could be. Limiting TMs only encourages creating alt accounts, or simply not striving to train your Pokemon the absolute best way that you can (or want to).

>Overpowered move

Are we still talking about Pogeyman?

One idea that has been tossed around is stores having a sort of "daily deal" where each player will be able to buy 1 or more TM's at random which will reset after a day to a new TM. Also the store will only have 1 of those TM's in stock so you can't purchase 100's of them.

Not sure if thats how it will be done or not, but it sounds like a pretty solid idea to me and will allow TM's to be obtainable multiple times as well as start some kind of player economy where you can sell rarer TM's for a high price (once item/money trading is fully working).

Plizard, I love that idea. It will ensure TMs stay out there, without making them TOO available. However, might I suggest using in-game days, rather than actual days? This will give an actual purpose to the day/night cycle beyond Espeon and Umbreon.

The "Daily Deal" system isn't very good IMO. It's easier/faster to make an alt and get Earthquake, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Flamethrower, and Psychic than to wait 50 days to maybe get that one TM you wanted.

I think that it makes more sense to just make each TM 80,000 pokedollars and put them in the Game Corner like Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, and Flamethrower are.

Having only 1 of each TM just forces competitive players to make alts endlessly and this ain't fun at all. So unless a way to limit alts exist (I don't know any besides 1 character per IP/Mac Address, but that's still bad and exploitable) this shouldn't be considered a viable choice.

We already went over this a few locked topics ago.

TMs as low-chance random held items, maybe? Like, add a low chance for every Pokémon caught to be holding a TM, possibly with the exception of really low levels, or maybe make the stronger TMs only appear on stronger Pokémon.

This would create a new reason to grind, which is basically what any MMO's about in the long run, and it'd make ingame money worth more, seeing as you'd spend a lot more money on Pokéballs. It'd also make sure people wouldn't just end up with 6x Earthquake in their team without LOTS of trading/luck/grinding.