[Denied]PokeMMO Points System

PokeMMO Point System

How points are acquired?

- By redeeming points based on online time. (i.e. 1 hour online time = 10 points)

- Doing daily customized npc quests (like killing a specific pokemon 100 times/ hunting some quest items from certain pokemons, etc..)

- From events by GMs (Q&A, hide and seek, tournaments, etc..)

- Daily sign-in (i.e. after 2 hours online, players can sign-in for 10 points. Every 7 consecutive log-in days gives an extra 50 points and 31 days of consecutive sign-in gives 150 points)

How can i use these points?

- You can use these points to redeem items, tms, rare pokes, +10% shiny encounter status(5hrs/12hrs/24hrs), bonus exp status(5 hrs/12hrs/24 hrs), hats, and oother items (like the amnesia brace or gems) or status that GM can add in the future..

- If possible, can also use points to make your pokemon a shiny.

Where can i redeem these points?

- In Celadon City's Game Corner(just a suggestion, its up to GM). Quest NPC should be here too and you can be able to gamble there to acquire more points. For the daily sign-in system, there should be a button for it on the GUI.

How to acquire more points?

- Players should be able to bet their points on duels (its up for them to decide, 5,10,25,50 or 100 points).

- Gamble at Game Corner and push your luck for more points.

- etc..

How can this be helpful to PokeMMO?

- A good way to keep players busy and stay online.

- A good way for players to be more competitive (because of tournament and betting system).

- Shiny encounter status for normal Players who's ranting not encountering a single shiny (should be not cheap though).

- A good way for Players to gain items that not yet exsisting(like Gems, Incense, Flute, Balls, etc..), rare pokemons, event pokemons(like the spookies) and also fossils.

- This can avoid trainers from raping strong tms at the Game Corner.

- etc..

Feel free to comment your suggestion/criticisms regarding this topic.

- Players should be able to bet their points on duels (its up for them to decide, 5,10,25,50 or 100 points).

- Gamble at Game Corner and push your luck for more points.

- etc..

No.

- A good way to keep players busy and stay online. Yes

- A good way for players to be more competitive (because of tournament and betting system). No

- Shiny encounter status for normal Players who's ranting not encountering a single shiny (should be not cheap though). No

- A good way for pPayers to have legendaries. When they redeem a legendary, it should be unlocked in the wild (not instant legendary). No

- A good way for Players to gain items that not yet exsisting(like Gems, Incense, Flute, Balls, etc..), rare pokemons, event pokemons(like the spookies) and also fossils. No

- This can avoid trainers from raping strong tms at the Game Corner. No

How points are acquired?

- by redeeming points based on online time. (i.e. 1 hour online time = 10 points) No

- doing daily customized npc quests (like killing a specific pokemon 100 times/ hunting some quest items from certain pokemons, etc.. Could work - needs to be fleshed out.

- from events by GMs (Q&A, hide and seek, tournaments, etc..) Yes

- daily sign-in (i.e. after 2 hours online, players can sign-in for 10 points. Every 7 consecutive log-in days gives an extra 50 points and 31 days of consecutive sign-in gives 150 points) No

You can use these points to redeem items(No), tms(Yes!), rare pokes(and maybe legendaries?)(lolol absolutely not), +10% shiny encounter status(5hrs/12hrs/24hrs)No, bonus exp status(5 hrs/12hrs/24 hrs)No, hats!Yes, and oother items (like the amnesia brace or gems) or status that GM can add in the future.. No

- If possible, can also use points to make your pokemon a shiny.NOOOOOOOO

I'm mainly with Atuan except I would like points given daily (but only a small amount).

I also suggest you remove the legendary pokemon part. No one will take you seriously with that there.

Also, congratulations on the formatting of your suggestion.

Edited, removed the legendary pokemon part. Thanks.

- Shiny encounter status for normal Players who's ranting not encountering a single shiny (should be not cheap though).

I have yet to find a single shiny, don't ruin my sense of achievement by making them common by the time I finally find one.

Thank you for a well worded and organized suggestion. While I don't see all of this being added, I do like some of the ideas.

Thanks..

I have yet to find a single shiny, don't ruin my sense of achievement by making them common by the time I finally find one.

Not meant to obtain easily though. Think about it, donators have lots of shiny while normal players are begging for one. I understand that the game needs donators to sustain but its not right to set this privilage only for donators for the whole time, they should let normal players experience it too even in a short time. They could let it very hard to obtain but still theres a chance..

The thing is, then we would have these points with a value.

But also pokedollars which still have no value.

pokedollars dont have a value because its very easy to obtain, it'll only become valuable if it's hard to obtain or if you have to put lots of efforts to obtain it..

Donators have an increased chance, it's not like normal players cant get them. If it was made any easier to get then I wouldn't feel as lucky once I found one.

I also feel that Pokedollars should have more of an impact on the game before anything like player points gets added.

pokedollars dont have a value because its very easy to obtain, it'll only become valuable if it's hard to obtain or if you have to put lots of efforts to obtain it..

If something cost a million pokedollars to obtain it would be a fairly cheap item, if it cost 10 million, it would be better and at 1000 million it'd be pretty good. All you need to do is scale to find the value in something you may consider worthless.

Pokedollars don't have value because there's nothing good to sped them on, and you can't trade with other players.

If something cost a million pokedollars to obtain it would be a fairly cheap item, if it cost 10 million, it would be better and at 1000 million it'd be pretty good. All you need to do is scale to find the value in something you may consider worthless.

can be..

Suddenly bots everywhere...

*POKEMMO POINT BOT V1.3*

Features :

- Moves your account every (x) minutes*

- Uses /unstuck every (y) minutes*

- Changes servers every (z) minutes*

Changelog :

- Fixed a rare error when using /unstuck

- Reduced loading time

- Reduced memory usage to 10%

With this you'll be able to get whatever you want!

You don't even need to play the game!!!!111

*x,y,z are either random or set

*POKEMMO POINT BOT V1.3*

Features :

Changelog :

- Reduced loading time

That is also something to worry about with this idea.

If something like this was ever implemented and you did do it by how long people stay connected. You could always find a anti-bot software that brings up those annoying verification boxes. If the person fails to fill it out (x) amount of times lets say 3 then it will disconnect them from the server. This is something that I've seen on several games and though it's annoying sometimes it doesn't take but a second to fill out and it usually filters bots.

*POKEMMO POINT BOT V1.3*

Features :

Changelog :

- Reduced loading time

That would be like 4 lines of code.

Making it all the more magically terrible.

When someone mentions alternate currency, I think immediately about WoW badges of justice/frost/honor/butts/whatever. It can easily be done by copying that sort of system.

Make the points/badges/chotchkies untradable to players, limited in how you can acquire them in both gameplay and time constraints (so, for instance, you can only acquire X amount of points/badges/etc from, say, instances or PVP or whatever, and lock how many you can earn per day/week/etc), and make them only tradable to NPCs for certain rewards (which are also untradable).

This would easily tie in with the future instance content that was being chucked around earlier in the year by devs.

PokeMMO Point System

How points are acquired?

- By redeeming points based on online time. (i.e. 1 hour online time = 10 points) Like

- Doing daily customized npc quests (like killing a specific pokemon 100 times/ hunting some quest items from certain pokemons, etc..) Like

- From events by GMs (Q&A, hide and seek, tournaments, etc..) Like

- Daily sign-in (i.e. after 2 hours online, players can sign-in for 10 points. Every 7 consecutive log-in days gives an extra 50 points and 31 days of consecutive sign-in gives 150 points) Like

How can i use these points?

- You can use these points to redeem items, tms, rare pokes, +10% shiny encounter status(5hrs/12hrs/24hrs), bonus exp status(5 hrs/12hrs/24 hrs), hats, and oother items (like the amnesia brace or gems) or status that GM can add in the future.. Maybe

- If possible, can also use points to make your pokemon a shiny. Maybe

Where can i redeem these points?

- In Celadon City's Game Corner(just a suggestion, its up to GM). Quest NPC should be here too and you can be able to gamble there to acquire more points. For the daily sign-in system, there should be a button for it on the GUI. Like

- Players should be able to bet their points on duels (its up for them to decide, 5,10,25,50 or 100 points). Like

- Gamble at Game Corner and push your luck for more points. Maybe just use them to increase chances to win somehow

- etc..

- A good way to keep players busy and stay online. True

- A good way for players to be more competitive (because of tournament and betting system). Not always a good thing

- Shiny encounter status for normal Players who's ranting not encountering a single shiny (should be not cheap though). Ehh

- A good way for Players to gain items that not yet exsisting(like Gems, Incense, Flute, Balls, etc..), rare pokemons, event pokemons(like the spookies) and also fossils. Like

- This can avoid trainers from raping strong tms at the Game Corner. Don't really understand this one

- etc..

Feel free to comment your suggestion/criticisms regarding this topic.

I like the idea. If it were implemented though, the whole shiny thing would need to be thrown out. People have spent so much time trying to find a shiny, and the only way I can see these points working for making a shiny is you would need millions or even billions of points. It would have to somehow be equal to the amount of time spent trying to find a shiny the normal way (it took me 12 years to finally find a shiny Pokemon).