[Denied]VIP Safari Zone - New Money Sink

Alright, its pretty common knowledge we need more things to sink our in-game money into since we can obtain it/farm it so damn easily. So here is what I propose for the Safari Zone:

[b]Basic Safari Zone Pass - 5,000$ (Standard Safari Zone, Increased Price)[/b]
Everything in this Pass is our normal Safari Zone experience we have right now. Reason for increased price for this is for the purpose of the money sink effect.

[b]VIP Safari Zone Pass - 50,000$ (This is where most things change)[/b]
This Pass changes the "rare" Pokemon that spawn in Safari Zone. So Pokemon that would change are: Pinsir, Scyther, Kangaskhan, Tauros, Dratini/Dragonair. What they would change into could be Pokemon people did not get a chance to obtain from previous "events" (Spooky Update/Christmas Update/Future Updates) as well as one or two new Pokemon exclusive to Safari Zone (until their normal area is implemented. Encounter Rates would remain the same, the new Pokemon would just replace the ones that are swapped out.

With such a high price attached to the VIP Pass, this would make the substituted Pokemon inside of it slightly more valuable to the economy as well as not allowing people to just go in repeatedly to farm them. With the price tag I gave as an example, players would be quite limited after awhile to how many trips they could make per day.

[quote name='BruceWayne' timestamp='1358473026' post='165936']
No.
[/quote]

Go Brace Yourself.

[quote name='QuillWellington' timestamp='1358473044' post='165937']
Ok, first off...

The price should be $500,000 for anything labeled "VIP".

Second off, this would only cause hyperinflation to these co-called "rare" Pokemon.
[/quote]

You realize that price completely renders it useless to newer players, right? 50,000$ is a perfectly fine price. By the time a new player, no matter how casual, reaches Fuschia, they should have around 400,000$. Moreso if they beat Elite Four, run the Islands, and replay the Elite Four.

The point to Safari Zone is to give a balanced price while not completely draining the money out of a person's wallet entirely. Balanced pricing means multiple trips for chances for GOOD Pokemon. Which is the entire point to the Safari Zone's Pokemon. They're typically good already hence why they're so difficult to find/catch.

It wouldn't cause "hyperinflation" at all. Spooky Pokemon are now 2 months removed from the game yet they aren't sought after very hard by people are they? And most of them are unobtainable, if not all of them. That should have made them "hyperinflated" in value shouldn't it? But it didn't. These would be permanent and always be there upon entering the Zone. Meaning they get valuable but not too much since you can always find them in it.

[quote name='BruceWayne' timestamp='1358474933' post='165954']
Fuck this, hell no, NO.
Normal safari zone must stay at the same price, I'm dead serious.

VIP safari zone: makes those rare assholes (CHANSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!) easier to catch. (costs 4x as much as regular safari zone)

that's the only modification I'd support.
[/quote]

That makes it pointless. That ruins the trade value of Pokemon like Chansey. The point to this idea is to allow for people to catch Pokemon they might have missed or otherwise cannot catch while requiring more money to spend to enter. It's a money sink that provides a small benefit, "new" Pokemon people will want AND can use for the metagame.

Costing 2,000$ to make Chansey easier to catch is completely game breaking and completely stupid. If you're not going to look at this from a realistic standpoint, you might as well stop now and go back to making more Brace topics. You haven't made Braces based off Types yet. Figure something out for those.

I'd support the idea of a more expensive safari zone, not entirely set on the idea of it having the past event pokemon in it, kind of ruins them being event pokemon. Maybe just to give you more balls and steps but not necessarily for the above price.

[quote name='Munya' timestamp='1358476211' post='165975']
I'd support the idea of a more expensive safari zone, not entirely set on the idea of it having the past event pokemon in it, kind of ruins them being event pokemon. Maybe just to give you more balls and steps but not necessarily for the above price.
[/quote]

Well the thing is, every update they can change what Pokemon spawn in the VIP Section. Honestly, I don't think its THAT hard to switch out and in two Pokemon in one encounter rate's spot. And this gives everyone who is new at least a CHANCE to get stuff they missed.

But anyway, I do not support amping the price up of the safari zone.

VIP, that can be whatever price, but unless it includes making things easier to catch (possibly doubling their catch rate percentage), then the hell with it. Spookies are available via trade.

Edited by Dormira
Civility

[quote name='Cirno' timestamp='1358479372' post='166006']
Also, it could contain Pokemon from other regions' Safari Zones.
[/quote]

This is great, it crossed my mind but I couldn't remember the safari zones of the others games so had no idea if there even were any.

[quote name='Cirno' timestamp='1358479372' post='166006']
Back on topic, I figure maybe the "VIP" safari zone should require more money to be an effective money sink.

Also, it could contain Pokemon from other regions' Safari Zones.
[/quote]

Now see, that would probably work... but chances are we'll be getting other Safari Zones at a later time. So if they added the VIP option for now until they opened, they COULD put the other Safari Pokemon in VIP until that time. Then remove the VIP option entirely.

[quote name='KHXIII' timestamp='1358480222' post='166013']
Anyway, increasing the Safari Zone fee will just increase the value of Lucky Eggs. I say do it.
[/quote]

This is another reason I actually thought of that I forgot to mention. People have been overly complaining about Lucky Egg's rarity dropping. Now increasing the price to only 5,000$ doesn't actually make THAT much of a difference as you can get 5,000$ off a single NPC battle. But the fact that 1 Safari trip chance costs someone a single NPC Battle somewhat increases that rarity again. Like I said, it would be barely a sliver of an amount, but it might help.

I was thinking 2M (2 Million) for a permanant VIP Pass. In terms of previous Pokemon that some people may have missed, I found it to be a 100% nessesity, seeing as people that joined the community after November are forced to scavange the Trade chat for the "Spooky" Pokemon as of now. As for making rare Safari Zone pokemon more common, anything beyond a 2.5 multiplyer for encounters for Chansey, Tauros, and such would cause a crippling in the Lucky Egg/Safari Pokemon market.

[quote name='iSmashbro' timestamp='1358482701' post='166029']
I was thinking 2M (2 Million) for a permanant VIP Pass. In terms of previous Pokemon that some people may have missed, I found it to be a 100% nessesity, seeing as people that joined the community after November are forced to scavange the Trade chat for the "Spooky" Pokemon as of now. As for making rare Safari Zone pokemon more common, anything beyond a 2.5 multiplyer for encounters for Chansey, Tauros, and such would cause a crippling in the Lucky Egg/Safari Pokemon market.
[/quote]

2 Million is hardly an achievement. I can farm $200,000+ easily in 1 hr/day, and that doesn't even include the islands.

[quote name='TLKV3' timestamp='1358483089' post='166031']
We have fucking hats. Your point is invalid.
[/quote]His point is plenty valid.
At this point, this image applies:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/vyr6h.gif[/img]
[quote name='Shanie' timestamp='1358489802' post='166067']
$500,000 a go, you have a 1% chance to find a pokemon with a green, money-colored George Washington head.
[/quote]Worst. Pokemon. Ever. Unless it knows payday. :P

But here's an idea I just thought of: What about, for 1 million pokedollars, a lifetime pass for the safari zone? That way, you don't get charged every time you want to go back in.

Edited by Dormira
Civility

[quote name='Nebula' timestamp='1358490759' post='166072']
[img]http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/158/georgemon.png[/img]
[spoiler]worth it[/spoiler]
[/quote]I lol'd hard.
[quote name='jarrod0306' timestamp='1358491375' post='166080']
I don't support raising the initial $500 cost, not all of us sit around and farm money & let it stockpile to use at some money sink.

Anything else, I couldn't care. VIP, Lifetime Pass. Whatever works.
[/quote]Exactly my point.