[Implemented] team member name color

[quote name='GymLeaderGreen' timestamp='1359664147' post='179119']
+1. If this were implemented I wouldn't have to add team members as friends just to so I can tell them apart.
[/quote]

Isn't that what the team tag is for?
With the tag, there is literally no point for this, especially due to the fact that if someone is your friend, their name is green. If a secondary color was added, how would it work for people who are in your team, but also your friend?

So yeah, stick with the tag.

[quote name='Lust' timestamp='1359664290' post='179125']

With the tag, there is literally no point for this, especially due to the fact that if someone is your friend, their name is green. If a secondary color was added, how would it work for people who are in your team, but also your friend?

[/quote] friends are green that's how you tell your friends is...? And the tag and color of their name says your in the team...? Your comment is +0 because it has no meaning.

Edited

But every player has a team tag of 3 or 4 letters and it's unreadable when it's crowded.
Friends should have priority over Guild.
If someone is both in your guild and friends list, they appear green. Otherwise, purple or whatever it is.

[quote name='timmyboi' timestamp='1359664727' post='179134']
friends are green that's how you tell your friends is...? And the tag says your in the team...? Your comment is +0 because it has no meaning.
[/quote]

If you think my comment has no meaning behind it, you're not right in the head.
I restated the fact that a friend's name shows up green because it would cause problems if your idea was implemented.
Let's say you make it so people in your team have a blue name.
If someone in your team was also on your friends list, what color would their name be, green or blue?
With the team tag in place you can easily identify who is in your team and who isn't.

This idea just screams no.

-Edit-
[quote name='eggplantoftime' timestamp='1359664838' post='179137']
But every player has a team tag of 3 or 4 letters and it's unreadable when it's crowded.
If someone is both in your guild and friends list, they appear green. Otherwise, purple or whatever it is.
[/quote]

If you can't see the persons name due to being in a crowd, simply check your team roster.....
You people make this sound difficult.

Edited by Lust

[quote name='Lust' timestamp='1359664862' post='179138']
If you think my comment has no meaning behind it, you're not right in the head.
I restated the fact that a friend's name shows up green because it would cause problems if your idea was implemented.
Let's say you make it so people in your team have a blue name.
[b]If someone in your team was also on your friends list, what color would their name be, green or blue?[/b]
With the team tag in place you can easily identify who is in your team and who isn't.

This idea just screams no.

-Edit-

If you can't see the persons name due to being in a crowd, simply check your team roster.....
You people make this sound difficult.
[/quote][quote name='eggplantoftime' timestamp='1359664838' post='179137']
[b]If someone is both in your guild and friends list, they appear green[/b]. Otherwise, purple or whatever it is.
[/quote]

The point is when you're biking thruogh a town, you can easily notice "Oh hey, my friend happens to be here. I didn't know."
And you'll engage conversation with him, or just say on the channel chat "nova spotted".

The color is better than the team tag, simply because having a color other than white is more striking to the eye.

[quote name='Lust' timestamp='1359665127' post='179145']
It would still be a lot of pointless coding to provide something that isn't even needed.
[/quote]
The coding's already been provided for the friends' list, I don't think it's that much coding to change the list it applies to and the color.
It's probably just a copy/paste and a replacement of two variables.

[quote name='eggplantoftime' timestamp='1359664838' post='179137']
[b]If someone is both in your guild and friends list, they appear green. Otherwise, purple or whatever it is.[/b]
[/quote]

agreed

People that are negative on a perfectly good suggestion piss me off.

[quote name='timmyboi' timestamp='1359665362' post='179147']
agreed

People that are negative on a perfectly good suggestion piss me off.
[/quote]
That was a little uncalled for. She's allowed to have an opinion if it's justified.

[quote name='Lust' timestamp='1359665897' post='179153']
Not my fault your 'perfectly good' suggestion happens to suck.
[/quote]

You've yet to reply to my perfectly good argument before you can state that.

[quote name='eggplantoftime' timestamp='1359665991' post='179155']
You've yet to reply to my perfectly good argument before you can state that.
[/quote]

Well with the argument of going through a city, the team tag is equally as effective as the name color, you just need to actually bother to read the tag, though you would think most people would know who is and who isn't in their team. And personally since there is a team tag, if this were to be implemented, the green should have higher priority to the team color, since then their name would show that 1) They're in the same team as you due to the tag 2) Their name would also be green, meaning they are also a friend.

If there was a way to just change the color of the tag, then that would be all fine.

[quote name='Lust' timestamp='1359666204' post='179157']
Well with the argument of going through a city, the team tag is equally as effective as the name color, you just need to actually bother to read the tag, though you would think most people would know who is and who isn't in their team. And personally since there is a team tag, if this were to be implemented, the green should have higher priority to the team color, since then their name would show that 1) They're in the same team as you due to the tag 2) Their name would also be green, meaning they are also a friend.

If there was a way to just change the color of the tag, then that would be all fine.
[/quote]

What I meant to say is, while going through a city, you won't ever read a white team tag let alone a username. You'll only read it if it's in another color.
I mean, that's the reason why friends are listed as green, and team members should be immediately recognizeable as well.

The idea of recoloring the team tag isn't bad. That could work as well. Wouldn't it get messy though to have a red or blue team tag next to a green username?
And even so, it may sound nice, but it contradicts your previous argument concerning coding because I'm pretty certain recoloring the whole username is simpler than recoloring just the team tag.

This reminds me of something though.
The third post.
[url="https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/2547-guild-tags/"]https://forums.pokem...547-guild-tags/[/url]
It's likely more efficient than reading the team tag.
Though if this is implemented, the team tag is unnecessary. It's one or the other.
So let us stick with the tag since it's there.
And because recoloring the tag independently from the username is a little messy, I'd rather keep the original suggestion.

>Check if someone is in friends' list.
--->If yes, display name green
---> If no, check if in guild
------> If yes, display name red (Red because that's the team chat color anyway)
------> If no, display name white.

[quote name='Lust' timestamp='1359667061' post='179176']
Rain and TR.
Duh.
[/quote]
[quote name='Evesa' timestamp='1359667383' post='179181']
Theres more than just TR.
[/quote]
Right, and you'll often find much more than 2 people on the same square in front of any PC or in places such as the game corner at the moment.

Still seeing this as completely unnecessary.
I've given all the information needed to provide a counter-argument as to why this shouldn't be implemented, and that is all I really can do.
Also, other than eggplantoftime, none of you were actually providing good information to support the idea, especially timmyboi, which is sad since this is his thread.

[quote name='Lust' timestamp='1359664290' post='179125']

[/quote]

The tag would be great if everyone didn't have a tag and you can't see the tags where it's crowded. This is a great idea by TB, so pls go. You're just arguing for the sake of arguing.

[quote name='GymLeaderGreen' timestamp='1359671306' post='179245']
The tag would be great if everyone didn't have a tag and you can't see the tags where it's crowded. This is a great idea by TB, so pls go. You're just arguing for the sake of arguing.
[/quote]

I do believe I stated right before this that I had already given all the information I could to help create the counter argument, and then decided that adding on anything else wouldn't help.

As for the arguing point, had you actually read my post above you'd realize I had already made the decision to not post in this thread anymore, so your statement of trying to keep arguing can be reflected onto you.

+1 this is a great idea

For teams like the one i own, where there are more than 50+ active players at any given time, it would be an extreme hassel to search thorugh approx 50 online, and another 50 offline people just to find one name, espically if the names look similar to other names when scrolling

for example my officers in [Rain]
Amanu
Agertz
Amaska

when i scroll down fast and see a name that looks similar, i stop and hesitate, taking up more time and getting that much more confused

good, simple, useable idea here