[TOOL] Gilan's Encounter Counter (Beta Available) v1.0.3 update

8 minutes ago, budadeth said:

Try download an existing template and use it as base

That's what I was going to do, just wasn't sure what all I needed to change. Guess I can dig through all the files. Never done it before, could be a fun learning experience. 

50 minutes ago, Peakes said:

That's what I was going to do, just wasn't sure what all I needed to change. Guess I can dig through all the files. Never done it before, could be a fun learning experience. 

If you can use it and works just edit the texture (image) used

Because the author of this counter hardly will repply again

40 minutes ago, BoZzJD said:

Why does mine not track any encounters?? anyone know a solution?

It could be this things, your PC, some computers just dont run it, it could be if you added some mods to your client, for example, custom strings, themes, any other type of mods like sprite mods

If you urge to use this counter, I suggest you to download the game again, and test the counter with the default game, if the counter works that way then your issue was a mod installed

after that just install the mods 1 by 1 to know which one break the counter

If after leave your game as default dosnt work then its your PC, and mostly nothing could be done more than try some other counters or use a manual one

8 hours ago, BoZzJD said:

Why does mine not track any encounters?? anyone know a solution?

99% of my issues with GEC not tracking can be fixed with just restarting GEC. My other 1% issue was fixed with deleting the extracted folder and re-extracting the GEC folder into my PokeMMO mods folder. 

Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, wildhorses32 said:

image.thumb.png.5bf16fa6be37630ee3f382b56041e372.png

@Gilan

So what could I be doing wrong

Without trying to sound rude, I am not quite sure why everyone is struggling to get GEC to work. There are countless users that have posted on this thread that explain how to get it working. Amongst the main concern, Gilan has seized development and the tool is no longer maintained. Now, if you can get it work, then that is awesome. But pinging Gilan is not going to help you resolve any issues has he is simply not active anymore to provide support.

Please go back on the the previous post pages and see the steps to potentially resolve your issue. If you cannot get GEC working, then I recommend taking a look at Archetype Counter that is on the PokeMMO forum as well. You can access this link from my signature. This is just another alternate if you truly cannot get GEC to work.

On 10/6/2023 at 1:45 PM, wildhorses32 said:

image.thumb.png.5bf16fa6be37630ee3f382b56041e372.png

@Gilan

So what could I be doing wrong

Check out my last comment and the last one from Peakes

Follow those steps if still dosnt work then just forget about it because your computer maybe wont able to run it, the original author its no giving any support 

On 10/4/2023 at 4:20 PM, budadeth said:

It could be this things, your PC, some computers just dont run it, it could be if you added some mods to your client, for example, custom strings, themes, any other type of mods like sprite mods

If you urge to use this counter, I suggest you to download the game again, and test the counter with the default game, if the counter works that way then your issue was a mod installed

after that just install the mods 1 by 1 to know which one break the counter

If after leave your game as default dosnt work then its your PC, and mostly nothing could be done more than try some other counters or use a manual one

On 10/4/2023 at 11:51 PM, Peakes said:

99% of my issues with GEC not tracking can be fixed with just restarting GEC. My other 1% issue was fixed with deleting the extracted folder and re-extracting the GEC folder into my PokeMMO mods folder. 

Hope this helps.

It works for me now, but only in windowed and not in full screen, any solution for that?

Edited by BoZzJD
17 hours ago, BoZzJD said:

It works for me now, but only in windowed and not in full screen, any solution for that?

Fullscreen is unsupported for any automatic counter created for PokeMMO. There is a technical limitation when the game is in fullscreen, it does not provide the correct screenshot to analyze. Gilan has stated this in his main post and the same goes for AC. Nothing we can do at this point unless the devs make a change to fix this.

See quote below...

On 7/16/2021 at 10:22 PM, Gilan said:

KNOWN BUGS (not yet fixed in downloadable version):

- Fullscreen mode unsupported at this time. (unsure if I will be able to fix this, as the Fullscreen mode for PokeMMO is not capturable, even by regular screenshot methods; and it prevents any window from being on top of it) Best suggestion is to just play in borderless window mode while using the encounter app.

Did every step from the video, even uninstalled it 5 times yet whenever i load it up it always pops this error: 

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "gui.py", line 21, in <module>
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 971, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 955, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 665, in _load_unlocked
  File "PyInstaller\loader\pyimod03_importers.py", line 546, in exec_module
  File "pywinauto\__init__.py", line 89, in <module>
  File "pywinauto\findwindows.py", line 42, in <module>
  File "pywinauto\controls\__init__.py", line 36, in <module>
  File "pywinauto\controls\uiawrapper.py", line 47, in <module>
  File "pywinauto\uia_defines.py", line 181, in <module>
  File "pywinauto\uia_defines.py", line 169, in _build_pattern_ids_dic
  File "pywinauto\uia_defines.py", line 50, in __call__
  File "pywinauto\uia_defines.py", line 63, in __init__
AttributeError: module 'comtypes.gen.UIAutomationClient' has no attribute 'CUIAutomation'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "gui.py", line 24, in <module>
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'clear_comtypes_cache'

Hey guys, i was using the software as usual, got a blackout and now when i start it, it won't load and gives me this error 😕 any idea on what should i do, i realize it works as normal if i delete it and then i replace it with the clean files, but i lost the encounter rates that i had 

Untitled.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hello, my counter doesn't work, I tested several techniques, even a complete reinstallation of PokeMMO without mod or themes but it didn't change anything. I have this in the debug:

ERROR:root:gecException:
  File "GilansEncounterCounter.py", line 1306, in run_app
  File "GilansEncounterCounter.py", line 311, in refresh_font_info
  File "GilansEncounterCounter.py", line 132, in refresh_gui_info
  File "xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1196, in parse
  File "xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 586, in parse
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'D:\\Jeux\\PokeMMO\\data\\strings\\strings_fr.xml'

if someone can help me pls :')

On 8/19/2023 at 1:21 PM, Gilan said:

Just for those curious. I am not supporting the tool anymore (I haven’t been for a long time, but just putting it in writing now).

I was in progress of making some updates, but… well… life just kinda got in the way. I’m starting to become an old man, hard to believe I started playing Pokemmo 10 years ago, and the responsibilities of life just mean I don’t have the free time / drive to support things like this counter anymore.

If it is somehow still working for you, then that’s awesome, I tried to make the tool as robust as I could, but I’m a Finance guy, not a computer science nerd, so all the coding is just hobby work. If it doesn’t work for you, I’m sorry, I tried to make it as widespread as possible, but again I’m no master coder 😛

Cheers,

Gilan

What are your thoughts in open sourcing this tool? I would love to take over and have your legacy live on!

• 2 weeks later...

hello, i downloaded this counter and i'm having a lil problem with it: when i do hordes encounters it does work but when i try to do single encounters the counter doesn't work. for example: 5 pokemons it goes from 0 to 5; but in single encounters it reamins 0: it does not go up. Thanks in advance

-------

Edit: nevermind I've resolved this issued by uninstalling and installing it multiple times

Edited by kabutoTSH
On 12/15/2023 at 9:58 PM, MrPepsy said:

will this encounter counter ever work fully with german roms or is this project finished and not worked on right now?

This project/tool has officially been discontinued by Gilan per the recent post on this thread.

Please take a look at Archetype Counter as it fully supports all ROM languages for PokeMMO.

Edited by AnonymousPoke
  • 2 weeks later...