[MOD] Battle Sprites Reloded

5 hours ago, jemersinho said:

Hello, how are you guys doing? I noticed that the saturation on some mons are a bit high, I even tried to mod on my own the GIFs but I'm not good at it, check Ninetales for example:

Is there some tool that you use to edit those GIFs? Most of the yellowish parts of pokemon are just too yellow. I know it's a lot to ask to fix all the mons, but if you make available the way you did the mod I could try to change some colors, sorry for my bad english, I just want to improve the mod that I love so much

38-back-n.gif

image.png

Yes, the saturation was increased by 15%, I believe. The community in charge of designing the mod wanted to move away from the faded, desaturated look of newer games and regain the vibrancy of the old-gen games.

The saturation was increased in Unity during shader creation.
However, you can do as Budadeth said and use any program that can edit GIFs and lower the saturation. I believe it was 15%, so start by lowering it by that much.

There are a lot of GIFs; I recommend using a batch program or a photoeditor that has batching built in.

Good luck.

52 minutes ago, ConradoBoeger said:

Very nice mod! Swellow is flying too close to the ground. Is it intended? how can I change it?

There are text files on the mod with axis coordinate to move how the sprites aré shown, cant exactly remember how to do it but if u mess with that u will find how to do it, just be sure you aré on the Swellow pokedex number or you gonna end editing other pokemon

On 11/14/2023 at 4:48 PM, JDChaos said:

Yes, the saturation was increased by 15%, I believe. The community in charge of designing the mod wanted to move away from the faded, desaturated look of newer games and regain the vibrancy of the old-gen games.

The saturation was increased in Unity during shader creation.
However, you can do as Budadeth said and use any program that can edit GIFs and lower the saturation. I believe it was 15%, so start by lowering it by that much.

There are a lot of GIFs; I recommend using a batch program or a photoeditor that has batching built in.

Good luck.

Thank you so much for answering my question, I took Budadeth's advice and tried to change some sprites, sadly the process is one at a time, so it takes a lot of time, so I had an idea, if the mod's creators increased 15% saturation, they must have increased from somewhere, right? So... maybe the original "faded" sprites are somewhere on the internet, it would be a lot easier to just go renaming the files if they were available.

Do you know which game theses 3D sprites came from? It "appears" to be from PkGO, but I can't know for sure...

Thank you again for your patience, I love this mod and I think it's the best we have so far, I just want to fix those inconsistences like Ninetales being golden/yelloiwish, I play with a lot of Electric-types so this is a reason too, my Raichu looks ill 😕

Edited by jemersinho
More info.

Edit: I know that it wouldn't be perfect, because the sprites must be handled, but maybe, just maybe it would be easier? idk for sure

Edit 2: Sorry guys, first time in my life posting in forums, I posted twice, thanks for understanding.

Edited by jemersinho
Fixing.
5 hours ago, jemersinho said:

Thank you so much for answering my question, I took Budadeth's advice and tried to change some sprites, sadly the process is one at a time, so it takes a lot of time, so I had an idea, if the mod's creators increased 15% saturation, they must have increased from somewhere, right? So... maybe the original "faded" sprites are somewhere on the internet, it would be a lot easier to just go renaming the files if they were available.

Do you know which game theses 3D sprites came from? It "appears" to be from PkGO, but I can't know for sure...

Thank you again for your patience, I love this mod and I think it's the best we have so far, I just want to fix those inconsistences like Ninetales being golden/yelloiwish, I play with a lot of Electric-types so this is a reason too, my Raichu looks ill 😕

"The saturation was increased in Unity during shader creation."

I don't mean we all did it together.
I meant I handled the models, texture maps, alpha maps, bump maps, VFX shaders, etc in a program called Unity.

It is a 3D rendering program. This is what all of the 3D sprite mods use, because the sprites don't already exist in a way that they can be used in this game.
Sorry to break it. But it's months of dedicated hours to make. That's why there aren't a bunch of these mods on the forums.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2022 at 4:42 AM, JDChaos said:

My Goodbye Patch
Everything is now modular, no need to unzip your mod and change things.
Please follow the instruction completely. Failure to do so will cause problems.

SD

Reveal hidden contents

Install one file from each section.

SDReloded.thumb.png.43aefa7ac3abee5f9831ae7a4e77ab67.png

Base Mod (Required)

Reveal hidden contents

SD Version - Mirrors [MediaFire] [Mega]

Charizard (Required - Only pick ONE)

Reveal hidden contents

1830850263_Charizard-Flying.png.d55f953cadfea405909ffb798e48f1f0.png

Flying - Mirrors [Mega] [MediaFire]

2092253269_Charizard-Standing.png.61c0b2771b3614538f18c274dedbb610.png

Standing - Mirrors [Mega] [MediaFire]

Cyndaquil Line (Required - Only pick ONE)

Reveal hidden contents

Cyndi-Flame.png.1b1ca085782dcca668b7dc914472453d.png

With Fire - Mirrors [Mega] [MediaFire]

Cyndi-Doused.png.f6a1d9a2e506c44d2b0b53f98997cda3.png

Without Fire - Mirrors [Mega] [MediaFire]

HD

Reveal hidden contents

Download the Base File. This file is only GIFs and will not work by itself.

Base HD (Required)

Mirrors [MediaFire] [Mega]

Then Choose ONE of the choices to continue installing.

Small

Reveal hidden contents

HDRelodedSm.thumb.png.ad3273f5743ecc0373187820512aa8ee.png

This version is the smallest pokemon size, by request.
Download the HD Small Patch and proceed to download both a Charizard and Cyndaquil Path (Both Required)

HDReloaded Small - Mirrors [Mega] [MediaFire]

Reveal hidden contents

Flying - Mirrors [MediaFire] [Mega]

Standing - Mirrors [MediaFire] [Mega]

Reveal hidden contents

With Fire - Mirrors [MediaFire] [Mega]

Without Fire - Mirrors [MediaFire] [Mega]

Large

Reveal hidden contents

All of these Files are using Experimental Formulas. I do not have a team to formulate and test these numbers. This is also the most customized option. 

If you want to Burger King your mod proceed to the Customized Section.

Otherwise, go to the Simple Section.

HDRelodedLg.thumb.png.6339a4cf0a375edf148c5db5e1ee2f28.png

Simple

Reveal hidden contents

Download this patch and enjoy the game.

Mirrors [Mega] [MediaFire]

Customized

Reveal hidden contents

First you must download the Large pokemon txt. Then choose either a capped or uncapped version (required) as well as a Charizard and Cyndaquil Path (All Required)

HDRelodedLarge - Mirrors [Mega] [MediaFire]

Capped vs Uncapped (Required - Only pick ONE)

Reveal hidden contents

This only affects eight pokemon that have stretched GIFs. The capped version will lower the size to improve resolution.

Pokemon included are: Golbat, Articuno, Moltres, Crobat, Lugia, Ho-oh, Wailord, Braviary.

Uncapped.thumb.png.6ac2ee3a155c4446201a4075bbbb345d.png

Uncapped - Mirrors [Mega] [MediaFire]

Capped.thumb.png.52a70665d6cb77035d32d2a5845d50fb.png

Capped - Mirrors [Mega] [MediaFire]

Reveal hidden contents

Flying - Mirrors [Mega] [MediaFire]

Standing - Mirrors [Mega] [MediaFire]

Reveal hidden contents

With Fire - Mirrors [Mega] [MediaFire]

Without Fire - Mirrors [Mega] [MediaFire]

Shiny Hunter
(No changes done, you know why you're here.)

Reveal hidden contents

@Xancletaman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is there a fix in for Persians that are half buried? That's what happens in mine I don't know if it's because i messed the layering of the mods. What should be the order in importing the mods?

Screenshot_20240211_130241.jpg

59 minutes ago, xevn said:

Is there a fix in for Persians that are half buried? That's what happens in mine I don't know if it's because i messed the layering of the mods. What should be the order in importing the mods?

Screenshot_20240211_130241.jpg

It should follow the order in the instructions.
If you post a shot of your mod list, we can extrapolate the issue.

49 minutes ago, xevn said:

I play on Android btw if that will help

Screenshot_20240211_170643.jpg

Screenshot_20240211_170653.jpg

I don't understand.
You downloaded the standard definition, high definition, and shiny hunter versions, as well as sprites from another mod called Mega Sprites - Y.
You need to pick which mod and which version you want and follow the instructions.

43 minutes ago, JDChaos said:

I don't understand.
You downloaded the standard definition, high definition, and shiny hunter versions, as well as sprites from another mod called Mega Sprites - Y.
You need to pick which mod and which version you want and follow the instructions.

Oh thanks i thought both are needed. I fixed it now.

33 minutes ago, Samuelmss10 said:

How can I change the size of some sprites? I didn't see anything in the html file. I would like to change the size of hydreigon for example.

There is some txt files inside the sprites folder with coordenates and more, there you can edit thing on those text files, I dont remember exactly but I know there is something to change the scale gl

9 hours ago, Samuelmss10 said:

How can I change the size of some sprites? I didn't see anything in the html file. I would like to change the size of hydreigon for example.

The official documentation for modding is right here.