[MOD] Battle Sprites Reloded

Would it be possible to have a bigger size version like the older versions? The version I currently have is 1.1 and the SD and HD versions are 2.8 GB and 3.5 GB respectively while the newest version are not even half of these sizes. When I install the new ones, the sprites looks worse than the old ones to me, so I have to stay with the older version for now. This is the best sprites mod in my opinion, so of course I'd like to use the newest version.

Thank you for the help.

10 hours ago, Gullzarr said:

Would it be possible to have a bigger size version like the older versions? The version I currently have is 1.1 and the SD and HD versions are 2.8 GB and 3.5 GB respectively while the newest version are not even half of these sizes. When I install the new ones, the sprites looks worse than the old ones to me, so I have to stay with the older version for now. This is the best sprites mod in my opinion, so of course I'd like to use the newest version.

Thank you for the help.

Have you modded the txt files with the version that says "for Larger Pokemon"?
That will use the new files but change the way PokeMMO displays them to use the old formula.

4 minutes ago, JDChaos said:

Have you modded the txt files with the version that says "for Larger Pokemon"?
That will use the new files but change the way PokeMMO displays them to use the old formula.

I have not. I have only compared the newer version to the older and there was like static on the newer textures that was really bothering me. I then saw that the file size decreased a lot for the newer version and thought it might have been the problem.

Just now, Gullzarr said:

I have not. I have only compared the newer version to the older and there was like static on the newer textures that was really bothering me. I then saw that the file size decreased a lot for the newer version and thought it might have been the problem.

I recommend reading patch notes. Everything is described there and can save you the headache of downloading and working with a version of a mod that has changes you don't like.

On 2/5/2023 at 9:54 PM, budadeth said:

Splitted version for mobile with errors to load the full mod

HD version 2.1 - 1.7GB:

part 1 - 911MB: https://www.mediafire.com/file/qtf6960sdcobmjh/HDreloaded1.zip/file

part 2 - 878MB: https://www.mediafire.com/file/0gr7jlfzpfy8vh9/HDreloaded2.zip/file

SD version 2.1 - 1.2GB:

part 1 - 633MB: https://www.mediafire.com/file/y6i6dm5viv7std5/SDreloaded1.zip/file

Part 2 - 605MB: https://www.mediafire.com/file/6q0h0i76mrhjirn/SDreloaded2.zip/file

@Poole

Hey Bro, thanks for the links.  The load of the mods take a long time charge in the app? Or i have some error

On 1/3/2023 at 23:28, JDChaos said:

¿Ha modificado los archivos txt con la versión que dice "para Pokémon más grandes"?
Eso usará los nuevos archivos pero cambiará la forma en que PokeMMO los muestra para usar la fórmula anterior.

Si bro pero no funciona en movil solo deja en pc  😞

On 2/28/2023 at 1:10 AM, budadeth said:

El HD tengo solo el que pase, y ya está actualizado como puse, los sprites son más grandes pero no como el original, querés los sprites más grandes como el original solo tengo en SD y tiene algunos errores: 

Biggest sprites / Sprites más grandes 

SD 2.1 (have minor errors/ tiene errores menores)

splitted for mobile / dividido para móviles 

install each one like a different mod

instalar cada uno como si fueran mods diferentes

- total: 1.3GB

- Parte 1 - 533MB

https://www.mediafire.com/file/61s34tux77jlvk4/BSRelodedSDbyJDChaos_%28NS1%29.mod/file 

- Parte 2 - 533MB

https://www.mediafire.com/file/bgr0p6ghqf15lt9/BSRelodedSDbyJDChaos_%28NS2%29.mod/file 

- Parte 3 - 308MB

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5kqyokb3pz802fk/BSRelodedSDbyJDChaos_%28NS3%29.mod/file

@GodobitoFFusa este tiene los sprites grandes originales 

1 hour ago, GodobitoFF said:

Está dividido para que funcione en móvil, activa las 3 partes por separado como si fueran mods diferentes no importa el orden

8 hours ago, GodobitoFF said:

Probé el pokemon grande HD en mi móvil y funciona perfectamente. Es posible que tenga un problema con la capacidad de su móvil.
No puedo ayudarte con los archivos de Budadeth. Esos no son míos.

Mods.thumb.jpg.cd40e8872799822c356b9426f766e05f.jpg

8 hours ago, JDChaos said:

Probe el pokemon grande HD en mi movil y funciona perfectamente. Es posible que tenga un problema con la capacidad de su móvil.
No puedo ayudarte con los archivos de Budadeth. Esos no son míos.

Mods.thumb.jpg.cd40e8872799822c356b9426f766e05f.jpg

:0 puedes hacer un tutorial de como modificar los archivos en movil? Tengo  39 gb :v

On 2/24/2023 at 10:41 AM, budadeth said:

Esta es la version HD pero no tienen el mismo tamaño que el que linkie antes, este es con el archivo que experimental que esta en el post original

HD Bigger sprites done with the "experimental" edit: (splitted for android users)

parte 1 https://www.mediafire.com/file/4sm6f8k3sfh67po/HDR-B1.zip/file

parte 2 : https://www.mediafire.com/file/23lduxn8bb23u7y/HDR-B2.zip/file

@GodobitoFF aquí está para android tu lo habías pedido, no te funciona?

6 hours ago, GodobitoFF said:

:0 puedes hacer un tutorial de como modificar los archivos en movil? Tengo  39 gb :v

No, no puedo. Lo siento, pero si el espacio de tu HDD es el factor limitante, entonces el mod HD con los archivos más grandes no es el mod para ti. Puedes probar la SD, o si es demasiado grande, tendrás que probar un mod de otra persona que sea más pequeño.

3 hours ago, JDChaos said:

No, no puedo. Lo siento, pero si el espacio de tu HDD es el factor limitante, entonces el mod HD con los archivos más grandes no es el mod para ti. Puedes probar la SD, o si es demasiado grande, tendrás que probar un mod de otra persona que sea más pequeño.

El celu no es el problema tengo un celular de 6 gb de ram :v solo que no deja pasar los archivos de una forma correcta entonces seria bueno que pongas de una vez un enlace con ka version 2.2 y otra con la version 2.1 y ya bro te lo agradecería bastante gracia por tu atencion estare atento

9 hours ago, budadeth said:

@GodobitoFFaquí está para android tu lo habías pedido, no te funciona?

Esa es la version la de el pajaro sin alas y eso verdad ;-;?

2 hours ago, GodobitoFF said:

El celu no es el problema tengo un celular de 6 gb de ram :v solo que no deja pasar los archivos de una forma correcta entonces seria bueno que pongas de una vez un enlace con ka version 2.2 y otra con la version 2.1 y ya bro te lo agradecería bastante gracia por tu atencion estare atento

Esa es la version la de el pajaro sin alas y eso verdad ;-;?

No hermano! Es la última la HD con el parche "experimental" como escribi exactamente ahí...

• 2 weeks later...

I really like this pack, but what I don't understand is that all sprites are so noisy. E.g. compare these:

HD Battle Sprites:

Animated Sticker

HD Reloded (higher quality but noisy as hell) (As if the ISO was too high when they took this picture):
Animated Sticker

BSReloded SD (found this in someone's discord but can't find the forum post), no noise but a bitten off tail:

Animated Sticker

As you can see the BSReloded has a lot less noise and looks by far the best in my opinion. Any reason why this pack does have so much noise?

Edited by Devedse
8 hours ago, Devedse said:

I really like this pack, but what I don't understand is that all sprites are so noisy. E.g. compare these:

HD Battle Sprites:

Animated Sticker

HD Reloded (higher quality but noisy as hell) (As if the ISO was too high when they took this picture):
Animated Sticker

BSReloded SD (found this in someone's discord but can't find the forum post), no noise but a bitten off tail:

Animated Sticker

As you can see the BSReloded has a lot less noise and looks by far the best in my opinion. Any reason why this pack does have so much noise?

Of course there is. The original HD Wailord GIF from version 1.0 was 4.41MB. 
The new version is only 1.88MB. Which is ~43% of the previous size. Amazing!
That compression of "noisy" GIF over 2820 something GIFs is a huge difference in mod size.

I posted that there was a new compression in the patch notes.

Which was the majority of complaints I received about the mod. The amount of complaints I receive about the "noise" is negligable.
It is impossible to make a mod that I'm happy with that pleases every other person on the internet. I've become desensitized to trying.

If you like the older version, use that. I'm sure it's posted somewhere in this thread surrounded by complaints on how people can't get the big file size to work on android and community people trying to split the filesize into smaller files. Then there are pages of people complaining they can't get the split files to work.

Good Luck, Have Fun.

@JDChaos, sorry I didn't mean that as a complaint (even though my wording could've probably been steered towards that a bit better).

Is there still an option to get the big HD pack without noise? Or have they been overruled by the latest versions?

I'm also interested in how you made these, did you make 3d model exports and then basically record a .gif? Or do the games themselves actually contains gifs?

4 minutes ago, Devedse said:

Is there still an option to get the big HD pack without noise? Or have they been overruled by the latest versions?

I know someone that has it Im gonna try update with the female sprites and re-upload it here since seems no one its hosting that mod anymore

3 hours ago, Devedse said:

@JDChaos, sorry I didn't mean that as a complaint (even though my wording could've probably been steered towards that a bit better).

I'm also interested in how you made these, did you make 3d model exports and then basically record a .gif? Or do the games themselves actually contains gifs?

I do not host older versions of the mod.
I use free versions of MediaFire and Mega for other purposes and need the space.

It is also impossible to deal with bug fixes when people have multiple versions, I tried that once on here and it failed in 24 hours.

As far as making them. The 3d models and animations were taken from the 3DS games X & Y, converted to FBX through Blender, and then put into Unity.

The textures were taken from SW&SH as well as Let's Go Pikachu.
The pokemon without HD textures in those games were made by hand in Krita.

All pokemon with VFX had custom effects made by hand using Unity's VFX Graph.
The pokemon that were approved by the community were kept, and the rest were restored to a more 2013 style.