Changing Regions

So I just started playing about 4 days ago and I'm just wondering about changing regions. I've watched lots of videos but couldn't find my answer. I know I need 4 badges before changing regions, but what I'm looking to do is find a safari zone, seeing as unova doesn't have one. Do I have to play the story from scratch when changing regions? 

yep, if you haven't started on another region, you'll start from scratch there while keeping your progress from previous regions. i think kanto might be the one that might take the least amount of time to get to a safari zone but idk if you are looking for certain pokemon.

also, for hoenn you need to be champion to access a part of the safari zone where you can catch some jotho pokemon including the starters

21 minutes ago, EniiGmA17 said:

Okay thanks! I was just wanting to go safari to make some money but I guess I'll just figure something out in unova 

Unova has some really good well paying training postgame for a decent source of income ?, and you get a cash payout for beating the region entirely

There's 2 rich trainer NPC's in Route 9 Mall

Gentleman and Socialite near Undella Town

Cynthia in Undella Town in Spring and Summer (Lv.100's recommended)

Morimoto in Game Freak Building in Castelia City (Lv.100's recommended, He can have Mew)

Not to mention Unova has 10 rebattlable gym leaders, compared to 8 in Sinnoh and Hoenn and 7 in Kanto.

If you want more money, Ace Trainers and Rangers pay well along the game in their rematches postgame

Trainer rematches probably payout more than Safari's, unless you're an ace at catching Cyndaquil, Totodile and Chikorita

Edited by Elizn