[Denied]Bump Button on the forums

I've made several threads in the Trade Corner section and usually when your thread goes to the second page, you bump it right?
The only way to bump your thread is by making a new reply on the thread, which most likely would be: Bump.
This is a bit embarrising because sometimes no one replies on the thread and you are the only one who replies on it.
That's why there should be a Bump Button for your Topic.
It's easier for the Topic Creator. He won't feel embarrased while bumping the topic.
And it's also easier for the Customers. They only read relevent comments (like other offers or other interests).

So what do you guys think of this Idea :)?

[color=#3399cc][size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]I like the idea, as long as there is some kind of limit a person can bump it---like perhaps once every three days? Otherwise it would be abused....[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#66cccc][size=1][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]P.S - Nice sig by the way[/font][/size][/color]

If someone is looking for a specific pokemon they can always use the Search bar, thusly your post doesnt need to be on the front page.

But it is "nice" being on the front page... you could always update your post with bumping posts, say you catch a new pokemon or an old one gets traded.

"Update."

[quote name='Saphy' timestamp='1361655324' post='208436']
[color=#3399cc][size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]I like the idea, as long as there is some kind of limit a person can bump it---like perhaps once every three days? Otherwise it would be abused....[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#66cccc][size=1][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]P.S - Nice sig by the way[/font][/size][/color]
[/quote]

Yes 3 would be a nice number. Like i said I've also made a few topics in Trade Corner and I also like to keep my topic on the front page. 3 bumps a day usually suffice.

[size=1]Yes i Also like the Signature :)[/size]

I'm going to say right now that this probably won't happen. It's not easy to implement and it could be messy to moderate. "It's kind of embarrassing" is not really a good reason anyway, in my opinion. (I can't see why it would be, you're just bumping a thread.) The current rules for bumping work with the system as it is.

[quote name='Patrick' timestamp='1361660346' post='208507']
I'm going to say right now that this probably won't happen. It's not easy to implement and it could be messy to moderate. "It's kind of embarrassing" is not really a good reason anyway, in my opinion. (I can't see why it would be, you're just bumping a thread.) The current rules for bumping work with the system as it is.
[/quote]
Well about that embarrassing thing. I've did some research before i made this thread and that is what other people said :)

[quote name='Darkshade' timestamp='1361661018' post='208517']
Bumping manually allows us to check the time between bumps, which can be helpful for determining if a user is bumping topics prematurely.
[/quote]Make it so this button only appears on threads not on page one. this would take away most of the need to look out for premature bumpers.

[quote name='Darkshade' timestamp='1361661018' post='208517']
Bumping manually allows us to check the time between bumps, which can be helpful for determining if a user is bumping topics prematurely.
[/quote]

What if hitting the bump button logged it, so any given thread would have a bump history that you could check?

[quote name='Dormira' timestamp='1361711753' post='208915']
What if hitting the bump button logged it, so any given thread would have a bump history that you could check?
[/quote]

I thought of the same thing, however what would be the point when our current system already does that? It seems like a waste of time to create something that already exists, for a slightly less embarrassing way of bumping threads.

[quote name='Darkshade' timestamp='1361712033' post='208921']
I thought of the same thing, however what would be the point when our current system already does that? It seems like a waste of time to create something that already exists, for a slightly less embarrassing way of bumping threads.
[/quote]