[GUI] Archetype - Total PokeMMO visual overhaul including animations and customizable options

On 10/28/2023 at 7:08 AM, okaydizzle said:

how do i change the font size for the chat? before getting the new version of this theme it wasn't as big as it is now
image.png.c5efda778ad59bd3e289ce50ad54e5ab.png

As stated from the previous page, we have multiple threads in our Discord with detailed steps on how to do this edit and many others. I would highly suggest joining there, as it would more than likely take several pages of forum replies to relay the correct information.

After many months of feedback we decided to increase the chat font size for legibility. If you are not satisfied with the latest changes to the "chat" text area, we have detailed on our Discord how to revert back to old font size of "11" instead of "14."

To revert this change, navigate to themes/archetype/assets/jaejGI7pIp/a3ZzQij90e.xml and edit the size flag on the "chat-default" font definition (change the value from 14 to 11 in order to revert back to the previous size.)

Edited by nurver9

Heads up we are aware of the latest update.

Polish language fix is still under works. There will be a separate beta very soon.

In regards to the latest update- there was quite a bit changed with the icon sheet. I would not advise using the theme until we push a hot-fix, considering a lot of icons will be in the wrong places and there is missing search options that were implemented.

Hello, I'm new to applying themes in general but can we modify somewhere the aspect ratio of the battle screen? Like I'm on 16:9 full screen but I want my battles to be on 4:3? I can only achieve the 4:3 battle aspect ratio when I make my whole window resolution 4:3 as well.

7 hours ago, Hree said:

Hello, I'm new to applying themes in general but can we modify somewhere the aspect ratio of the battle screen? Like I'm on 16:9 full screen but I want my battles to be on 4:3? I can only achieve the 4:3 battle aspect ratio when I make my whole window resolution 4:3 as well.

Hi there- I would have to give this some more thought. I will see what @realmadrid1809 has to say too.

It more than likely would require modifications to the UI code, if it was possible. We will get back to you when we are able. Thanks for inquiring.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ddnodollar said:

x1.25 too small..Chinese characters will become paste...

x1.5 too big for me.

How to solve it?(╥╯^╰╥)

assets\jaejGI7pIp\a3ZzQij90e.xml
ctrl f for: "cjk", increase the size flag according to desire

enjoy, also post pics if you can. if this is an issue out of the box, we can adjust the font size when we implement our polish fix.

3小时前,nurver9 说:

assets\jaejGI7pIp\a3ZzQij90e.xml
ctrl f for: "cjk", increase the size flag according to desire

enjoy, also post pics if you can. if this is an issue out of the box, we can adjust the font size when we implement our polish fix.

Thank you very much!I really like this theme.

It's just a little bit mushy. It would be much better if the theme became bigger.

$_(70TOXV`VM)V89][20P11.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2023 at 9:59 PM, ddnodollar said:

It's just a little bit mushy. It would be much better if the theme became bigger.

Thank you for your feedback. We will take it into consideration. It's possible we can adjust the glyph spacing and style to accommodate this a bit better in the future.

As for Archetype's development- we absolutely want to squash these multi-language issues and they're our next priority in the pipeline.

Once we address the issue with Polish language we will shift our focus to others. If you have any other feedback or issues related to translations, feel free to comment here or contact me directly.

I would like to thank everyone for their consideration with these issues as we only speak one language and created a theme around that language. I wish it was a matter of just "scaling everything up", but the fact of it is unfortunately so many areas in the UI are shared making one single change offsets other areas, etc..

On 11/22/2023 at 3:59 AM, ddnodollar said:

Nothing we can do about that. The game isn't very good at scaling things up. Anything other than 1.0x scaling will look blurry on every theme, even the default one

On 12/1/2023 at 3:22 PM, nurver9 said:

Can you elaborate? This comment confused me.
This theme is one of the very few constantly maintained themes. We are up-to-date with the major changes to the game. You can view our open issues at https://github.com/ssjshields/archetype/issues

Yeah sorry, i had an outdated version and i could not see the advanced options on PC, now it works, thanks

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, realmadrid1809 said:

Hey guys, hope you had a successful event!

The archetype theme was updated once again:

- added changes from latest revision (25385)
- added support for polish characters
- minor fixes for the battle area

Hope you enjoy!

Sadly it seems to be incompatible with GEC atm 

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, k1tk4t said:

Sadly it seems to be incompatible with GEC atm 

It should be, we specifically made sure it has files to support it, I used it before the end of last year.

The issue more than likely (hopefully) is that you have Archetype Counter installed currently or sometime in the past recently? If that is the case, they cannot be used simultaneously due to changes that are made to the theme.xml. More than likely someone is using one or the other, not both at the same time. If you want to go back to using GEC, you must uninstall Archetype Counter via the Uninstall option in it's menu. Just deleting it will not restore the changes to the theme.xml unless you run client repair.

If this is NOT relevant in your case, please describe GEC's behavior and provide a screenshot of it and we can go from there.

Edited by nurver9
11 hours ago, nurver9 said:

It should be, we specifically made sure it has files to support it, I used it before the end of last year.

The issue more than likely (hopefully) is that you have Archetype Counter installed currently or sometime in the past recently? If that is the case, they cannot be used simultaneously due to changes that are made to the theme.xml. More than likely someone is using one or the other, not both at the same time. If you want to go back to using GEC, you must uninstall Archetype Counter via the Uninstall option in it's menu. Just deleting it will not restore the changes to the theme.xml unless you run client repair.

If this is NOT relevant in your case, please describe GEC's behavior and provide a screenshot of it and we can go from there.

When I was searching for an Encounter Counter that works for me and that I like I tried out Archetype Counter and still had it installed, I uninstalled it through the menu as u said and also did a client repair but both did nothing sadly.
Before the christmas event I was using the archetype theme and GEC without a problem (even tho Archetype Counter was installed.).
Atm GEC just doesn't count new encounters with the theme on, idk why.

What exactly has to be in the screenshot?

1 hour ago, k1tk4t said:

Show picture of what GEC looks while its open. Although, as far as we are aware, its worth mentioning that GEC is not longer receiving updates at this point in time.
If it was a result of changing the fonts from ttc to ttf in the past update from two days ago, there is not really anything we can do. However, as for the Christmas event, the last time we updated the theme was November 2nd. Nothing was changed except adding support for the event. Before that, we updated on October 22nd. Nothing in that update should of affected GEC either. We have separate files that GEC reads "fake" values from that are not utilized by the theme, but we made specifically to ensure it would support the counter for the longevity of GECs development cycle.

I would suggest migrating to Archetype Counter in the future as it is still receiving active updates / support / feature requests.

2 hours ago, k1tk4t said:

When I was searching for an Encounter Counter that works for me and that I like I tried out Archetype Counter and still had it installed, I uninstalled it through the menu as u said and also did a client repair but both did nothing sadly.
Before the christmas event I was using the archetype theme and GEC without a problem (even tho Archetype Counter was installed.).

I may know why it broke. GEC is veeeey finicky about its fonts. I just pushed an update to the theme. Could you redownload it and let me know?

It's hard to test for me because GEC doesn't support my rom language

On 1/6/2024 at 9:18 PM, realmadrid1809 said:

I may know why it broke. GEC is veeeey finicky about its fonts. I just pushed an update to the theme. Could you redownload it and let me know?

It's hard to test for me because GEC doesn't support my rom language

Sorry for my late reply.

Whatever you did, it worked. GEC is counting again.

ty very much ❤️

I love this theme, but is there a way to change it back to the old default font? 

This is the font on the default theme: Screenshot2024-01-13032428.png.7de315029e91b795903d7f2e6a258397.png

And this is the font of Archetype: Screenshot2024-01-13032355.png.217b726905a75930be1871ab885c311b.png

I know it is subtle but the capital "I" really bugs me. I've used Archetype previously and I'm 100% sure it was the same font as the default theme. 

Any help in this matter would be great, thank you. 

On 1/13/2024 at 9:27 AM, Got2CatchEmAll said:

I love this theme, but is there a way to change it back to the old default font? 

This is the font on the default theme: Screenshot2024-01-13032428.png.7de315029e91b795903d7f2e6a258397.png

And this is the font of Archetype: Screenshot2024-01-13032355.png.217b726905a75930be1871ab885c311b.png

I know it is subtle but the capital "I" really bugs me. I've used Archetype previously and I'm 100% sure it was the same font as the default theme. 

Any help in this matter would be great, thank you. 

We had problems with the old font cause it wasn't compatible with special Polish characters. That's why we switched back to the default font that is used almost everywhere in the default theme. There like a small amount of exceptions where the default theme uses a different though. This is probably one of those cases. You'll have to check which font is used in the summary window of the default theme and edit the archetype reference to the same one

7 hours ago, realmadrid1809 said:

We had problems with the old font cause it wasn't compatible with special Polish characters. That's why we switched back to the default font that is used almost everywhere in the default theme. There like a small amount of exceptions where the default theme uses a different though. This is probably one of those cases. You'll have to check which font is used in the summary window of the default theme and edit the archetype reference to the same one

Thank you for your response. I was able to edit the code and change it back to the default text.  I’m just slightly OCD so little things like that just irk me. Thank you so much for the work you put into this theme. It’s amazing 🙂