[TOOL] Archetype Counter - Automatically track encounters / Eggs / Fossils - v3 - CJK support!

52 minutes ago, nurver9 said:

That's a really old bug that should of been fixed, if you have the latest version- follow theses steps:

https://github.com/ssjshields/archetype-counter#how-can-i-report-a-bug

image.png.220c52cbff684388168298b088ed8665.png

Upload the files here, paste the contents of the text file into a spoiler or code tag.

(The reason it defaults to Bulbasaur is because it's dex #1.)

this is the only file it will let me attach, the other 3 wont because they are .txt files. i just checked the files and they are empty tho, also the oversaturation is because of a problem with my monitor, sorry about that

ArchetypeScreenshot_DEBUG.png

The over saturation is not a problem of your monitor. It is done on purpose- so windows OCR can easily convert the screenshot into text, then the rest of the utilities converts this data into the Counter's GUI.

37 minutes ago, PoyoMaestro said:

i just changed the hunt profile and the issue solvedd itself, thanks for the help tho

read the posts above, this is a temporary fix, it will just corrupt the next profile whenever the count fails again due to battle backgrounds being on.

4 minutes ago, inPurgatory said:

This is a cool idea but getting rid of all buttons and adding "string_123123213" to every menu option is pooped.

@inPurgatory This is an extremely rare case of your secondary strings container not populating. This can be verified by checking your console.log.

Simply delete the place holder xml, and set another language besides English to have the primary = 1 flag, and set English to 0.

There is something wrong with your client, not our Counter.

There is no known fix for this issue other than using the above work around. While adding custom strings your client will also produce the same bug.

Edited by nurver9

I'm personally having trouble myself keeping Defender from deleting the Counter, I have no idea why it's suddenly going after it so aggressively. I am assuming it is the AHK compiler that was used.

@AnonymousPoke and I will address this in the near future.

As stated previously, recent changes include:

- added 5 additional profiles; reorganized rename profile option

- added logic for backing up other profiles besides the actively used one

- *eased up on custom strings restriction

*do not completely remove daycare dialog, comment out references to these ids if you are using custom strings

Edited by nurver9
10 minutes ago, nurver9 said:

@inPurgatory This is an extremely rare case of your secondary strings container not populating. This can be verified by checking your console.log.

Simply delete the place holder xml, and set another language besides English to have the primary = 1 flag, and set English to 0.

There is something wrong with your client, not our Counter.

There is no known fix for this issue other than using the above work around. While adding custom strings your client will also produce the same bug.

I see thank you. Now t seems im getting "Cannot scan current pokemon"  90% of the time with it actually working 10% 

6 minutes ago, inPurgatory said:

I see thank you. Now t seems im getting "Cannot scan current pokemon"  90% of the time with it actually working 10% 

No problem, I would advise you to do what I told Poyo: https://github.com/ssjshields/archetype-counter#how-can-i-report-a-bug

image.png.220c52cbff684388168298b088ed8665.png

Upload the files here, paste the contents of the text file into a spoiler or code tag.

However, the issues might be related to the fact Defender keeps removing integral parts of the Counter. I would advise everyone that until we release a patch for this issue, the Counter may just not function properly.

Usually cannot scan occurs when nameplates are obstructed, or font changes were not applied when Counter first started. You should receive a disclaimer message stating font values in the default theme will be changed so Windows OCR can process the monster names. In the case you are not getting this prompt during first time setup, can simply manually make the changes to the font size flag.

Edited by nurver9

good news, great things coming.

- fixed false positive virus detection

- working towards full safari zone support

- possibly eliminate issue with trainer's pokeballs distorting certain counts

- added 5 additional profiles; reorganized rename profile option

- added logic for backing up other profiles besides the actively used one

- adding additional debugging options

- eased up on custom strings restriction

- no longer utilizing any strings for the Counter

- potentially adding CJK (Chinese, Japanese and Korean) support

release date TBD

Edited by nurver9
1 hour ago, takotrash said:

Windows defender was really aggressive in telling me this is a virus/trojan, why? 

AHK compiled executable is our best guess, I have explained this multiple times with examples of source code in this thread and on the GitHub.

Anyways, this issue has been fixed. We are still adjusting additional features and then we will release the newest version.

In the meantime until that announcement, just hold off on using it.

We are substantially optimizing certain parts of how the Counter works, which is allowing us to add the aforementioned features in the other posts.

Edited by nurver9
2 hours ago, MalFF253 said:

It won't let me download it because it show that it has a virus

You're downloading the wrong branch :^)

You clicked on the beta commit, then went to the repository home page, which lead you to the stable branch, which still uses the old executable.

Please read installation instructions too.

https://github.com/ssjshields/archetype-counter/tree/beta

Edited by nurver9
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, mestero said:

image.thumb.png.d1f097734dece57b5fd302c9c33b0939.png

The counter doesn't show up on my screen 

how do i fix this?

anti-virus is probably quarantining counter function files. also minimum supported resolution is 720p, you're very close there it appears.

also multi-battles are not supported yet anyways.

hang tight until the next update.

Edited by nurver9
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Valley said:

I get over 34 virus checks on VirusTotal when scanning the exe files, mostly trojan. Care to explain why that might be happening?

Sure, I have multiple times over, and over, and over again. I would appreciate less attitude.

The AHK compiled executable library is flagged by many databases. This is a very common problem.

Simply looking through the past responses in this thread (all over page 3.) or a quick google search would disclose that information.

As stated MULTIPLE times on MULTIPLE sources, such as in this forum thread and IN THE README- you may open the executable using a zip archiver and the entire script code is available for your viewing pleasure.

Here is where I elaborate and show the source code (which you can view yourself, opening the RC.DATA Folder in any zip archiver and opening the script in a text editor.) We heavily utilize a resource library called GDip.

image.thumb.png.f58aec7f3feff51ac497dae5ac958bf5.png

The new version of the Counter that is pending release uses alternative methods to run the scripts, we are no longer compiling them.

Edited by nurver9
10 hours ago, nurver9 said:

Sure, I have multiple times over, and over, and over again. I would appreciate less attitude.

The AHK compiled executable library is flagged by many databases. This is a very common problem.

Simply looking through the past responses in this thread (all over page 3.) or a quick google search would disclose that information.

As stated MULTIPLE times on MULTIPLE sources, such as in this forum thread and IN THE README- you may open the executable using a zip archiver and the entire script code is available for your viewing pleasure.

Here is where I elaborate and show the source code (which you can view yourself, opening the RC.DATA Folder in any zip archiver and opening the script in a text editor.) We heavily utilize a resource library called GDip.

image.thumb.png.f58aec7f3feff51ac497dae5ac958bf5.png

The new version of the Counter that is pending release uses alternative methods to run the scripts, we are no longer compiling them.

Dear nurver9,

I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to reach out to you regarding our recent interaction on the forums. I must apologize if my comment came across as aggressive or confrontational; that was never my intention. I believe there may have been a misunderstanding, and I would like to clarify my perspective in order to foster better communication between us.

When I initially wrote my comment, my intention was to express my thoughts and contribute to the discussion. However, I understand that written communication lacks the nuances of tone and body language, which can sometimes lead to misunderstandings. It seems that my words may have inadvertently conveyed a sense of attitude or aggression, and for that, I genuinely apologize.

I want to emphasize that I hold respect for everyone's opinions and perspectives, including yours. I firmly believe in the value of healthy and constructive conversations, where different viewpoints can be expressed and discussed in a respectful manner. I have no interest in engaging in confrontations or fostering negativity, and I assure you that my previous comment was not meant to provoke or belittle anyone.

It is important to recognize that people have different communication styles. Sometimes, the way individuals express themselves might come across as more assertive or direct, even when they don't intend it. However, I want to assure you that this does not reflect a personal attack or aggression. It's crucial to remember that online forums often lack the context and cues that we rely on during face-to-face conversations, making it easy for misinterpretations to occur.

Moving forward, I would like to propose a fresh start, where we can engage in a more understanding and respectful dialogue. I encourage you to share your thoughts and perspectives openly, and I promise to do the same. By fostering an environment of open-mindedness and empathy, we can create a space where diverse ideas can flourish.

Once again, I apologize for any offense caused by my previous comment. I genuinely hope that we can put this misunderstanding behind us and focus on the meaningful discussions that brought us to the forums in the first place. If you have any concerns or would like to discuss this further, I am more than willing to listen and address them.

Thank you for taking the time to read this message, and I look forward to more positive interactions with you and the rest of the forum community.

Warm regards,

Valley

New update coming very soon.

Users with a keen eye may have noticed the creation of the development branch on the GitHub.

There has been daily / hourly updates thanks to Enzemo, nitroman, TheoPembo, TxkGaming, and realmadrid.

The UI has seen a complete facelift, and all of the known issues have been completely fixed. (Including the false positive virus detection.)

A full changelog will be available when we announce the official 3.0 release.

In the meantime, the commit feed is viewable to those who are curious about the latest changes: https://github.com/ssjshields/archetype-counter/commits/development

image.png  image.png

As always, stay up-to-date by checking in with us on Discord: https://discord.gg/rYg7ntqQRY

13 hours ago, nurver9 said:

New update coming very soon.

Users with a keen eye may have noticed the creation of the development branch on the GitHub.

There has been daily / hourly updates thanks to Enzemo, nitroman, TheoPembo, TxkGaming, and realmadrid.

The UI has seen a complete facelift, and all of the known issues have been completely fixed. (Including the false positive virus detection.)

A full changelog will be available when we announce the official 3.0 release.

In the meantime, the commit feed is viewable to those who are curious about the latest changes: https://github.com/ssjshields/archetype-counter/commits/development

image.png  image.png

As always, stay up-to-date by checking in with us on Discord: https://discord.gg/rYg7ntqQRY

To add to this pre-update. If you are not a user of the Archetype theme and simply love the original PokeMMO theme, don't you worry, we have the default theme for your as well 😉

image.png.675ebd60dc7a620344cef4ad44008928.png

Edited by AnonymousPoke