[TOOL] Archetype Counter - Automatically track encounters / Eggs / Fossils - v3 - CJK support!

I like this counter, so I made a dark theme for it. You can download it here. It's meant to be used with Yet Another Dark Theme by Vartiou. Hope someone gets some use out of it.

Additionally, I was able to configure the counter to start up with PokeMMO using this guide, though it's not too simple to do.

https://woshub.com/run-script-when-app-opens-closes/

Edited by ipressbuttons
On 1/30/2024 at 12:02 PM, ipressbuttons said:

I like this counter, so I made a dark theme for it. You can download it here. It's meant to be used with Yet Another Dark Theme by Vartiou. Hope someone gets some use out of it.

Additionally, I was able to configure the counter to start up with PokeMMO using this guide, though it's not too simple to do.

https://woshub.com/run-script-when-app-opens-closes/

The Counter automatically prompts the user and launches PokeMMO if it is not found

On 1/31/2024 at 2:27 PM, LeoNitusxD said:

Is there any chance i can get a hand figuring out how to make my own custom designed them for this counter? I'm having a hard time figuring it out myself and not the best with pc lol

https://discord.com/channels/743352385262583858/1145972693301215334

and

https://discord.com/channels/743352385262583858/1123427702360244274

Edited by nurver9
On 1/29/2024 at 8:10 AM, Xrosss said:

Is there any way to increase the size of the numbers on the counter? My eyes are trash.

New scaling modes will be offered in updated versions of the Counter, stay tuned.

Hello, I'm new with this encounter counter, it looks verry nice but I have a problem.

When I encounter hordes it keep saying "Unable to scan Pokemon", sometimes even the single encounters pop this message. What should I do?

• 3 weeks later...

Love this ty

I would like to report a bug though. I cannot turn off the beep sound. I click the option and it just stays enabled. When I first installed it the sound was turned off but apparently after turning it on I can't undo it lol

Edited by Fourthy
On 2/6/2024 at 5:52 PM, snowykyd said:

Hello, I'm new with this encounter counter, it looks verry nice but I have a problem.

When I encounter hordes it keep saying "Unable to scan Pokemon", sometimes even the single encounters pop this message. What should I do?

Please jump on our discord (Under "help-forum") as this will allow use to diagnose the images where you are failing an resolve your issue,

On 2/28/2024 at 9:31 AM, Fourthy said:

Love this ty

I would like to report a bug though. I cannot turn off the beep sound. I click the option and it just stays enabled. When I first installed it the sound was turned off but apparently after turning it on I can't undo it lol

Make sure your counter is not currently on and go into your CounterConfig_Profile manuallu you are using and edit the Beep_Sound= to make sure you change it to false -> Beep_Sound=False

I may in fact have a logic issue when turning that setting on. I will have a look at this when I get a chance. But, the above should resolve your issue.

image.png.a5060854f3b3019f117e8e2da70c17e3.png

On 3/7/2024 at 3:01 AM, BlackDavion said:

I tried redownloading it again from Github, CN characters are still missing tho. 

image.png

Hi, this is still the wrong forums post. This is the post for the theme:

In regards to your issue @BlackDavion, there appears to be a bug with the latest font files/definitions.
I have opened an issue related to this: https://github.com/ssjshields/archetype/issues/60

• 2 weeks later...

I have a problem - the program only counts encounters when I have an external monitor plugged in to my laptop. Then it works on both screen - when PokeMMO is on my laptop's screen or on monitor's screen. But when I don't plug in the monitor and only use the laptop screen, unfortunately, then it doesn't work. Do you know why this happens? Both screens are 1080p 144Hz, I don't have any scaling set either in PokeMMO or in Windows (I'm using Windows 11).

On 3/23/2024 at 7:08 AM, efiasz said:

I have a problem - the program only counts encounters when I have an external monitor plugged in to my laptop. Then it works on both screen - when PokeMMO is on my laptop's screen or on monitor's screen. But when I don't plug in the monitor and only use the laptop screen, unfortunately, then it doesn't work. Do you know why this happens? Both screens are 1080p 144Hz, I don't have any scaling set either in PokeMMO or in Windows (I'm using Windows 11).

Please jump on our discord and we so we can hopefully address your issue.

On 3/28/2024 at 7:45 PM, lRoxs said:

Hello, sorry for the inconvenience, you have a version for Win 7 / 32 bits, currently I cannot update my computer and aaa how I want to test this counter

The counter will not support anything below Windows 10. This is due to many technical reasons for the counter to function properly. Also, Microsoft has dropped support for Windows

7. See below.

Microsoft has announced that it is ending support for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 operating systems from January 10, 2023

22 hours ago, yiduan said:

Pls when will the Chinese be updated,i need you!

Not sure what you mean? The counter fully supports Chinese, but always looking to improve. Please join our discord so we can try and improve Chinese Mode more if needed. Just let us know your issue.

When you get a lure encounter with two Pokemon of different species, it counts 2 for the first one and none for the second. Other than that this is a great mod.

On 4/10/2024 at 11:41 AM, Sultan said:

When you get a lure encounter with two Pokemon of different species, it counts 2 for the first one and none for the second. Other than that this is a great mod.

Thanks for the mention.

I am currently working on a new version of the counter that will be able to handle two different species of Pokemon in battle and count both. Keep a look out for this update 😉 If you joined our discord, I have preview a few of these images in the main general chat already.

On 4/12/2024 at 11:00 AM, Pangbal said:

is there any way to just enter the total enc. as it just increase by only one when clicking the total encounter

https://github.com/ssjshields/archetype-counter?tab=readme-ov-file#main-navigation

On 4/14/2024 at 10:49 AM, yiduan said:

I removed the counter, but the in-game font still hasn't changed, why?

This is because you removed it manually. If you truly want to remove the font change that is needed for the counter, please re-add the counter back and there is an option in the settings where you can "Uninstall". Please choose this and this will correct your problem ;)

On 4/11/2024 at 4:53 PM, AnonymousPoke said:

Thanks for the mention.

I am currently working on a new version of the counter that will be able to handle two different species of Pokemon in battle and count both. Keep a look out for this update 😉 If you joined our discord, I have preview a few of these images in the main general chat already.

That's awesome, thanks for your hard work and I will be sure to check out the Discord soon.