[TOOL] Archetype Counter - Automatically track encounters / Eggs / Fossils - v3 - CJK support!

On 10/7/2022 at 7:22 PM, Aidenjc said:

Is this counter supported on Mac?

743352385262583858?color=inactive&label=discord&logo=discord&logoColor=white

Pretty sure PowerShell 7.0+ doesn't support some of the syntax we're utilizing, however- if you'd like to attempt to test on osx, feel free to reach out to us.

Edited by nurver9
remove old links
1 hour ago, Enzemos said:

Does this support 4k resolution with UI scaling? Unfortunately the other counter doesn't so im looking for an alternative 🙂

No reason it should not.

On flip-side: 1280x720 is the lowest resolution the Counter supports due to how nameplates are "scanned".

That being said- if you experience any issue or have concerns, reach out to us and we'll address them accordingly.

58 minutes ago, nurver9 said:

No reason it should not.

On flip-side: 1280x720 is the lowest resolution the Counter supports due to how nameplates are "scanned".

That being said- if you experience any issue or have concerns, reach out to us and we'll address them accordingly.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be doing anything with 1.5 UI scale and 3840x2160 resolution. I can see the counter on screen, I clicked the "Play" icon but it isn't tracking anything.

I tried with 1.0 ui scaling and 3840x2160 resolution too but that also doesn't seem to work.

Edited by Enzemos
extra detail
9 minutes ago, Enzemos said:

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be doing anything with 1.5 UI scale and 3840x2160 resolution. I can see the counter on screen, I clicked the "Play" icon but it isn't tracking anything

If you are not getting a count at all, more than likely the Counter is not installed properly.

Please join our discord and I can assist you and look at the logs you generate while using debug mode.

Count results are not properly rendering at 2k+ resolutions, which leads to inaccurate counts.
Adding support for these ASAP.

Currently the pokéball animation causes issues during horde encounters, and mon like Mr. Mine and Nidoran sometimes fail to properly count.

If there are a large amount of trainers or you have the battle chat log open, you may experience false counts which fail.

These issues and more will be addressed in the next updates.

Thanks!

Edited by nurver9

Changelog

1.0.2 - 9/30/22
- Added ability to swap profiles and clear slots while the Counter is counting
- Added a total encountered option to total count metrics in Counter menu
- Added vcomp140.dll to nconvert for users who don't have C++ Redistributables installed
- Adjusted folder hierarchy to streamline installation process
- Adjusted JA and KO detection for greater accuracy
- *entirely reworked capture script

*Major update: The Counter now works even if you are tabbed out (not minimized), or if there is another application obstructing PokeMMO. Enjoy fishing in RuneScape while shunting like you were always meant to.

Note: Due to the fact the Counter does not hook into the PokeMMO process what-so-ever, you still cannot block monster name plates with in-game widgets like the GTL.

Note 2: There are still instances where certain languages will not trigger the capture function properly. Please report these issues on Discord (invite in ReadMe.) so we can address them accordingly and quickly. Thank you.

1.0.3 10/7/22
- Fixed total count not adding up properly
- Fixed PowerShell task tray notification rendering incorrectly

1.0.4 10/18/22
- Added support for higher resolutions (4K.) *You now have the option to switch between "HD" and "4K"
- Changed Collapsed Encounter count to reflect ALL Pokémon seen when using the counter versus only the slotted Pokémon + Renamed to "Total Pokémon Seen"
- Fixed logic when a Pokémon is not matched with the counter, you will get a proper windows notification stating it cannot properly scan what is on the screen
- Resolved Issue with some users not able to move counter on screen
- Resolved Issue with finding "Mr. Mime" in wild (Proper detection for counter)
- Resolved Issue with when finding Pokémon (timing) where the Pokeball gets in the way of the screenshot
- Resolved issue with duplicating Pokémon depending on slot positioning

*Note: HD is the basic mode the most if not all people should use. If someone is running a higher resolution, they should try the 4K mode. This mode change is under "Screen Mode".

I have a couple questions:

1. I seem to understand that the counter can track only 3 species of pokémon at a time at most. This means that if I'm shunting in an area where I can encounter 4 different species of pokémon or more, I won't be able to track the encounters from the 4th species I meet onwards, which will also not count toward the total number of encounters for the current hunt, right? If so, is there any way around it or is it just a current limit of the counter? are there any plans to have more slots?

2. Is there any way to rename the profiles? From my understanding, each profile is an ongoing shunt, so wouldn't it be nice to have the option to label them to make switching between them easier?

Sorry in advance if the questions are stupid or they have already been answered (I read through the entire topic and it doesn't seem to be the case) and thanks a lot for the work you've put into this. 💙

Edited by MaidLulia
2 hours ago, MaidLulia said:

1. I seem to understand that the counter can track only 3 species of pokémon at a time at most. This means that if I'm shunting in an area where I can encounter 4 different species of pokémon or more, I won't be able to track the encounters from the 4th species I meet onwards, which will also not count toward the total number of encounters for the current hunt, right? If so, is there any way around it or is it just a current limit of the counter? are there any plans to have more slots?

We designed the Counter slightly different compared to other existing applications, our thought process is that you more than likely will be hunting for a specific shiny monster. Once your open slots fill up (whether you have your Counter mode set to 1, 2 or 3 slots.) those slots will only track those monsters. If you want to start tracking another monster, clear the slot or change profiles. That being said- if the slot doesn't fill, it won't count towards total count, because it technically isn't being logged.

@AnonymousPoke can chime in when available and possibly provide further insight.

2 hours ago, MaidLulia said:

2. Is there any way to rename the profiles? From my understanding, each profile is an ongoing shunt, so wouldn't it be nice to have the option to label them to make switching between them easier?

Profiles are located in Files\Counter Config Files, currently they cannot be renamed. The profile feature is relatively new and it's just something we did not consider. It should not be an issue to implement pulling the file name as a variable to display in the menu.

We're currently working on several major updates, adding support for all resolutions and squashing bugs. Any form of feedback or support is appreciated, thank you.

Edited by nurver9
forgot some words
8 hours ago, nurver9 said:

We designed the Counter slightly different compared to other existing applications, our thought process is that you more than likely will be hunting for a specific shiny monster. Once your open slots fill up (whether you have your Counter mode set to 1, 2 or 3 slots.) those slots will only track those monsters. If you want to start tracking another monster, clear the slot or change profiles. That being said- if the slot doesn't fill, it won't count towards total count, because it technically isn't being logged.

@AnonymousPoke can chime in when available and possibly provide further insight.

I see, that's unfortunate cause the "total count" part is really what I care for in an encounter counter and the maximum of 3 species is a huge limitation for me.
Admittedly, I could just keep using Gilan's but it doesn't seem to be working with your amazing theme... :<

8 hours ago, nurver9 said:

Profiles are located in Files\Counter Config Files, currently they cannot be renamed. The profile feature is relatively new and it's just something we did not consider. It should not be an issue to implement pulling the file name as a variable to display in the menu.

We're currently working on several major updates, adding support for all resolutions and squashing bugs. Any form of feedback or support is appreciated, thank you.

That's nice to hear, the only other suggestion I'd have is to also display the total pokémon seen somewhere in the expanded mode of the counter, although it's understandable if that goes against the vision you have of your counter.

Thanks for hearing my feedback out. ^^

1 hour ago, MaidLulia said:

I see, that's unfortunate cause the "total count" part is really what I care for in an encounter counter and the maximum of 3 species is a huge limitation for me.
Admittedly, I could just keep using Gilan's but it doesn't seem to be working with your amazing theme... :<

That's nice to hear, the only other suggestion I'd have is to also display the total pokémon seen somewhere in the expanded mode of the counter, although it's understandable if that goes against the vision you have of your counter.

Thanks for hearing my feedback out. ^^

So we made a change recently in build 1.0.4 where the total count does exist (Even if the slots are full) and I have had an idea on adding into the main expanded part of the counter. But, just have not gotten around to it do too other bugs and major updates as @nurver9 has mentioned above.

There could be a possibility to up the counter to accept "4" Pokémon if that is a big want. But, that would be as far as I would go as the purpose of shiny hunting is a focused approached. Also, the hunt profiles should alleviate that pain for other Pokémon if you went to another grass/water area 🙂 

For the Hunt Profile names... I will have a think about that. As Nurver mentioned above, that was a quicky that I added in. So, should be doable in reality.

15 minutes ago, AnonymousPoke said:

So we made a change recently in build 1.0.4 where the total count does exist (Even if the slots are full)

Okay this is everything I wanted really, I didn't realize the counter would go up even if the species wasn't being tracked! Thanks a lot for pointing it out, I thought I tested it correctly but apparently I didn't. I feel so dumb!

21 minutes ago, AnonymousPoke said:

and I have had an idea on adding into the main expanded part of the counter.

This would be huge as well and renaming the profiles would be such a nice addition too, can't wait!

I'll keep an eye out for future updates, still the counter is pretty much all I need even as it is, now that I understand it better. Thanks a lot!

5 hours ago, MaidLulia said:

This is due to the implementation of our "choose your colors" XML, to allow the user to customize the theme themselves.

We didn't realize this would throw GEC off, and we are addressing it currently. 

Will be fixed in the next update.

1 hour ago, Tineo15 said:

Disculpa mi pregunta pero este mod solo es para computadora cierto? 

Ya que, yo juego de celular 

pc windows 10-11 ahora mismo. No haremos una para dispositivos móviles, pero no nos importaría ayudar a alguien que pueda crear aplicaciones móviles.

Gracias por tu interés.

REMOVE MODIFIED FILES FROM YOUR STRINGS FOLDER BEFORE USING OTHERWISE THE COUNTER WILL NOT FUNCTION PROPERLY.

Version 2.0.0 - Changelog:

Changed:

- Performance Improvements implemented in script to speed up counter.

- Screen Capture method been completely reworked for image cropping on the fly + increased speed of script.

- Pokémon Egg detection has been enhanced with string files (from counter) to slow down the daycare dialog text. This is necessary for proper egg detection.

- Removed "Reset" button on counter and re-added underneath the "Reset Selector" option in the counter menu called "Current Hunt Profile".

- Removed CJK (Chinese/Japanese/Korean) language set detection capabilities from counter. The current implementation is not up to standard and have no way to properly test at this time. Will revisit in the future.

- Made adjustment to backup folder to include "CurrentProfileState" file alongside the counter config.

- When removing an individual Pokemon from a slot, the Pokemon will move up in the slot order (To avoid duplication of Pokemon within the counter).

Added in:

- Added in ability to "Ignore" System Language for OCR comparison. You will use this option if the OCR is completely failing and you cannot change your system language. Last possible option to get counter working.

- Added in detection/count for Alpha Pokemon.

- Added total count to "Expanded" mode on the counter.

- Added in ability to manually increase/decrease total count.

- Added in the ability to rename Hunt Profile names - to better distinguish hunt type.

- Added in "Open DEBUG MODE Folder" selection under Debug Mode in the counter menu. This allows easy access to the folder when debugging issues on counter failures.

- Added support for "Polish" language (Recent update from PokeMMO).

- Added in ability to manually set Pokémon in the counter slot - without having to find in-game first (Just right click on an empty slot in the counter).

- Added in support for 720p under "Screen Mode" in the counter menu (This gives a better chance for lower resolutions not failing when using counter).

Fixed:

- Resolved Bulbasaur bug adding into counter slot when no Pokémon match found with OCR.

- Resolved issue when Weather effects ended. The counter captured the word "disappeared" for appeared - Now it only goes after exact word.

- Resolved issue where in some scenarios a "shiny" Pokémon was not detected by counter (For Dialog prompt).

*Big thank you to everyone that assisted in the testing process of the counter. Without you, the counter would not have become this amazing tool for the community 🙂

Edited by nurver9
  • 4 weeks later...

Version 2.0.2.0 - Changelog

Changed:
- Fixed French, Portuguese Brazilian, and Polish language for horde detection (Better translation detection)
- Added in "Home" style Pokémon sprite icons into counter
- Adjusted counter to prevent hitting memory limit and crashing (For long shunting sessions)
- Small tweaks to Shiny and Alpha logic count + Additional checks for both counts
- Changed counter to allow placement on the right hand side of screen on the edge

*This will be the last updated version for a while now. We feel the counter is in a really stable place at the moment and unless we encounter a bug the breaks the counter entirely, this will be the latest/stable version until said otherwise. I have tried my best to adjust for all situations and every resolution type and I really hope you get a lot of use out of the counter. Remember, it can be used for normal Pokémon encounters (single/hordes), Safari encounters, and even Daycare Egg detection. It can do it all 😉

Big shout out to @Enzemos for the insane god tier testing. The counter would not be in the stable place it is today without you. Thank you again!

---------------------

I do have possible plans in the future to ultimately rewrite the counter (no guarantees though) with everything I have learned for a Version 3 to make it more feature rich, but as mentioned above... its in a very good stable place right now. 

• nurver9 changed the title to [TOOL] Archetype Counter - Automatically track encounters and Eggs - v2.0.2.0
  • 4 weeks later...