Training mode for various holiday bosses

Raichuforyou

Question

Hi all,

I feel like I can't be the only one that is frustrated that it even costs candy/whatever assets to even begin attempting to fight holiday bosses, and I feel like creating a system where information on how to beat the boss is hidden or intentionally obfuscated as to artificially create difficulty for these bosses isn't the best way to go. Yes, spectating people exists, guides exists here on the forums on what specific comps you need to use, but I propose a Training Mode for all holiday bosses. No rewards would be given at all, and all consumables would be refreshed at the end of a battle (gems, berries, potions, etc). This would allow people to more safely theorycraft and test certain teams up against the boss without the feeling that you are losing money for testing out a team or trying to learn the boss.

2 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Raichuforyou said:

Hi all,

I feel like I can't be the only one that is frustrated that it even costs candy/whatever assets to even begin attempting to fight holiday bosses, and I feel like creating a system where information on how to beat the boss is hidden or intentionally obfuscated as to artificially create difficulty for these bosses isn't the best way to go. Yes, spectating people exists, guides exists here on the forums on what specific comps you need to use, but I propose a Training Mode for all holiday bosses. No rewards would be given at all, and all consumables would be refreshed at the end of a battle (gems, berries, potions, etc). This would allow people to more safely theorycraft and test certain teams up against the boss without the feeling that you are losing money for testing out a team or trying to learn the boss.

Sounds like a good idea, but would that not affect the event economy? If noone was spending early in events to test methods out, there would be little to no risk involved.

2 hours ago, Appable said:

Sounds like a good idea, but would that not affect the event economy? If noone was spending early in events to test methods out, there would be little to no risk involved.

It certainly would. Part of the thesis of my proposal is that players shouldn't have to spend money or wait for others to figure out boss strats before they themselves attempt it.