Why do we keep on getting Alpha Butterfree and Alpha Banette?

14 hours ago, Rache said:

It's just RNG doing its thing. We haven't given each evolution line a cooldown after appearing as an alpha, but we probably will later to prevent excessive repeats like this from occurring.

Today, the Alpha Banette raided us againnnnnn. I don't remember how many times it was 😕

There must be a bug in the RNG.

We need an optimization to protect other Alphas urgently. 

V~3EEM}E`NCGH_0DWXT53N3.jpg

Edited by stallme
On 11/22/2022 at 7:32 AM, Rache said:

It's just RNG doing its thing. We haven't given each evolution line a cooldown after appearing as an alpha, but we probably will later to prevent excessive repeats like this from occurring.

you're telling me out of the 60 or so alphas the past ~10 have been only out of 3? even if you do very rough math and say out of the last 7 and give ditto 3x the rate of other alphas youd get something like this: (5/63)^7 which is .000000198% chance of happening

1 hour ago, pokemonmaster69 said:

you're telling me out of the 60 or so alphas the past ~10 have been only out of 3? even if you do very rough math and say out of the last 7 and give ditto 3x the rate of other alphas youd get something like this: (5/63)^7 which is .000000198% chance of happening

Just because the chance of happening is low, doesn't mean it's impossible. Bad RNG is bad RNG, what can you do. Dragonite spawned twice in 2 days for example, meanwhile we haven't seen a Gliscor in ages. 

38 minutes ago, OGQT said:

Just because the chance of happening is low, doesn't mean it's impossible. Bad RNG is bad RNG, what can you do. Dragonite spawned twice in 2 days for example, meanwhile we haven't seen a Gliscor in ages. 

you're technically correct but that chance is about 1/5,000,000. if we get another of the three it will be even more. i think its safer to bet something is wrong with the alphas currently

I'm on an alpha ping discord and I can list the last several days of alphas:

11/17

Crobat, Quagsire, Banette, Butterfree

11/18

Ditto, Walrein, Crawdaunt, Dragonite

11/19

Banette, Crawdaunt, Dragonite, Banette

11/20

Ditto, Banette, Ditto, Butterfree

11/21

Banette, Ditto, Butterfree, Butterfree

11/22

Ditto, Ditto, Banette, Ditto

11/23 (today

Ditto, Ditto, to be followed

There are ~70 alphas currently spawnable, anyone who analyzes the last few days can see that it's not working as expected and there's absolutely something wrong

@Rache, please see above list

@Bearminator

Edited by Megalex