Complete Elite 4 Guide

Hey everyone, I made a huge spreadsheet showing all the e4 members different team variations and other information that can be really helpful for new players just starting the e4. Or people that have been doing it for awhile that have always wanted a clear and easy list to go through, I hope this helps!

Update!!! Video Added!
Note: tons of room for improvements on this run but still managed to get all the regions in a single charm.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tDkXuIonu4PSYtiSQlNRtdI78bwt1uLimv0y36DPtqA/edit?usp=sharing

PokePaste: https://pokepast.es/eb555f0c6fa5699b

Adding a section here for team changes/consideration

Ice punch in favour of Fire punch on scrafty. Suggested by @AJQS
252 speed instead of 244 speed on Metagross to outspeed Serperior. @Brimcatcher

Considerations

Moxie Gyarados > Scrafty
Moxie Salamance > Scrafty
2nd Encore/Tricker. Froslass is popular. > Scrafty

Edited by BigDaddyAlex

UPDATE

Video added, all 4 regions in 1 charm.

Costs breakdown of the run featured in the video:

100,000 for riches charms 100%
50,000 for BP charm 100%
150,000 Total for Charms

53 super pots
16 x speed
2 revive
4 sitrus berries
5 or 6 balloons/sashes

85,000 Total for Supplies used.

Total yen spent: 235,000 (Supplies + Charms Used)

Revenue per e4: 132,000yen 4,000 BP
Revenue from Morimotto 15,660 (Missed the charm)

Total Yen Revenue 543,660yen 16,000 BP

Total Yen Profits: 308,660yen, 16,000 BP

Time: 1hr 14mins 06seconds

Edited by BigDaddyAlex
  • BigDaddyAlex changed the title to Complete Elite 4 Guide !UPDATED!
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just wanted to mention the only problem I encountered with this team is in Sinnoh if Cynthia lead with with Serperior. It out speeds everything on the team and can get out of control quickly if she stays in on chansey and starts boosting with leafstorm. I failed a few runs due to this. The way I fixed this from happening is max speed EV investment on metagross (with impish nature) in order to out speed Serperior and lock it into HP fire to set up with Chandelure. Have you had the same problem?

19 hours ago, Brimcatcher said:

Just wanted to mention the only problem I encountered with this team is in Sinnoh if Cynthia lead with with Serperior. It out speeds everything on the team and can get out of control quickly if she stays in on chansey and starts boosting with leafstorm. I failed a few runs due to this. The way I fixed this from happening is max speed EV investment on metagross (with impish nature) in order to out speed Serperior and lock it into HP fire to set up with Chandelure. Have you had the same problem?

I have yes, It's happened like twice in my 100 or so e4 runs. I usually just X special defense on my chansey a few times.

Edited by BigDaddyAlex
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2023 at 9:35 PM, Brimcatcher said:

Hey! What stat did you remove EVs from to invest over into speed?

@BigDaddyAlex awesome guide! I have a question though: I suppose all your mons are 5x31. But do you reckon someone could get away with having all their mons be 3x31 in their main stats, and say 2x25+ in the rest? Ex Gengar: 31/x/25/31/25/31. Just skimming through the video, and it doesn't really look like your sweepers get hit at any point where a few less IVs in their defensive stats would make or break the strat. With maybe Poliwrath being an exception. So Poli would be 5x31

Chansey: 3x31 HP, Def, SpD

Metagross: 3x31 HP, Def, Spe (not too sure on this one)

Poliwrath: 5x31

Gengar: 3x31 HP, SpA, Spe

Scrafty: 3x31 HP, Atk, Spe

Chandelure: 3x31 HP, SpA, Spe

Thank you! 😄

On 4/24/2023 at 3:11 AM, AIMERAIMERAIMER said:

better use figy/aguav/mago berry, sitrus triggers at half HP.

Reason I choose sitrus over those is because sitrus heals more and belly drum always puts you at half anyway. You generally only wanna drum if you know the opponent is locked into a water move, using a weak move, or swapping out.

1 hour ago, LucasLyn5 said:

Hey! What stat did you remove EVs from to invest over into speed?

@BigDaddyAlex awesome guide! I have a question though: I suppose all your mons are 5x31. But do you reckon someone could get away with having all their mons be 3x31 in their main stats, and say 2x25+ in the rest? Ex Gengar: 31/x/25/31/25/31. Just skimming through the video, and it doesn't really look like your sweepers get hit at any point where a few less IVs in their defensive stats would make or break the strat. With maybe Poliwrath being an exception. So Poli would be 5x31

Chansey: 3x31 HP, Def, SpD

Metagross: 3x31 HP, Def, Spe (not too sure on this one)

Poliwrath: 5x31

Gengar: 3x31 HP, SpA, Spe

Scrafty: 3x31 HP, Atk, Spe

Chandelure: 3x31 HP, SpA, Spe

Thank you! 😄

Would have to do some calcs, but I don't think it would be an issue to drop them from the defense. in regards to Metagross.

You can definitely do it with budget breeds, I'd recommend at least 27 in special defense for the Metagross. There is also an argument to be made to have Gengar's hp below 15IV if I remember correctly, It saves you money using hyper potions. Scrafty also atleast 27+ in the defenses, but scrafty isn't really needed. It's the most flexibile position for sure, With the new moxie pokemon added with hidden abilties any of those could sub in.

Edited by BigDaddyAlex

My biggest problem with this team is that I don't know who to throw out. I end up wasting potions like crazy because ai would switch out constantly. Using the spreadsheet but the regions the brick me the most are mainly unova and kantos

11 hours ago, BigDaddyAlex said:

Reason I choose sitrus over those is because sitrus heals more and belly drum always puts you at half anyway. You generally only wanna drum if you know the opponent is locked into a water move, using a weak move, or swapping out.

Would have to do some calcs, but I don't think it would be an issue to drop them from the defense. in regards to Metagross.

You can definitely do it with budget breeds, I'd recommend at least 27 in special defense for the Metagross. There is also an argument to be made to have Gengar's hp below 15IV if I remember correctly, It saves you money using hyper potions. Scrafty also atleast 27+ in the defenses, but scrafty isn't really needed. It's the most flexibile position for sure, With the new moxie pokemon added with hidden abilties any of those could sub in.

Awesome, I'll take a look at it, thank you very much! 😄

• BigDaddyAlex changed the title to Complete Elite 4 Guide
On 5/4/2023 at 11:16 PM, Blueboii said:

My biggest problem with this team is that I don't know who to throw out. I end up wasting potions like crazy because ai would switch out constantly. Using the spreadsheet but the regions the brick me the most are mainly unova and kantos

Elite Four Guide: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tDkXuIonu4PSYtiSQlNRtdI78bwt1uLimv0y36DPtqA/edit?usp=sharing

Check the guide, knowing the opponent team is key

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...