Sinnoh Underground Rework

NintensmartsDoesCrak

Question

Basically, I would love to see some type of roguelike mode for the game that's available all year round, but I think it would be really cool to have a randomly generated cave filled with mines, wild Pokemon, and treasure rooms that you get items from to then take to the surface to build secret base items. I'm thinking almost a starting area that has a few full restores or some form of exclusive item, then once you leave, you can't return unless you want to leave the instance. 

A few cool concepts:

• Cracked walls that lead to treasure like Big Nuggets or some other useful item.
  • Regi-Trio Boss fights that you can get their respective plush for after beating them.
  • Several underground biomes like an ice cave, mossy grove, or desert ruins
  • Mega Stones in rare rocks, this is simple, maybe like 1/250 odds of finding one in a rock
  • Mini-Events that occur like a surge in wild Pokemon of a different type, or increased odds of finding a treasure wall

Kinda huge idea for this room ik but I think it could be split into small updates as maybe a side inclusion to some events or whatever.

3 answers to this question

On 2/24/2023 at 3:00 AM, NintensmartsDoesCrak said:

Basically, I would love to see some type of roguelike mode for the game that's available all year round, but I think it would be really cool to have a randomly generated cave filled with mines, wild Pokemon, and treasure rooms that you get items from to then take to the surface to build secret base items. I'm thinking almost a starting area that has a few full restores or some form of exclusive item, then once you leave, you can't return unless you want to leave the instance. 

A few cool concepts:

• Cracked walls that lead to treasure like Big Nuggets or some other useful item.
  • Regi-Trio Boss fights that you can get their respective plush for after beating them.
  • Several underground biomes like an ice cave, mossy grove, or desert ruins
  • Mega Stones in rare rocks, this is simple, maybe like 1/250 odds of finding one in a rock
  • Mini-Events that occur like a surge in wild Pokemon of a different type, or increased odds of finding a treasure wall

Kinda huge idea for this room ik but I think it could be split into small updates as maybe a side inclusion to some events or whatever.

Imho the underground 'd remain mostly the same as the original games, but I like your ideas: occasional swams of pokemon and event like the Regi.

It seems doable by the developers.

But if you really want a true roguelike mod, that's a lot of coding, it's a new game.

They'd better implement Mystery Dungeon Rom in pokemmo.

So you have the random generated biomes, with pokemon attacking you, resource management.

What Pokemmo could add to PMD games is that after you knockout the wild pokemon in the overworld (PMD gameplay), you have to battle it with classic turn based combat system of mainline pokemon games too.

I mean, in Pokemmo I'm playing pokemon emerald rom, it pops out the the battle in Gen 5 engine.

The same while playing mystery dungeon rom.