Customizable nickname colors on the friendlist

MightyMichele

Question

I am writing to propose a feature that I believe would enhance the user experience of some users: customizable nickname colors on the friendlist. 

I often find it challenging to quickly identify specific friends within my extensive friendlist. To address this, I would like to suggest the implementation of a feature that allows players to customize the color of each nickname displayed in the friendlist.

Here's how the feature would work: Upon opening the friendlist, players would have the option to assign a unique color to individual friends. This customization could be as simple as selecting a color from a palette or entering a HEX code. By having the ability to personalize the colors, players would be able to assign colors they find visually appealing or that hold special significance to them.

It's important to note that the proposed color customization should be limited to the friendlist and not extend to overworld names. The color customization for nicknames would solely focus on improving the friendlist interface, providing players with a convenient and personalized way to identify their friends at a glance.

Here are a few key benefits of implementing this feature:

1. Improved Friendlist Navigation: Customizable nickname colors would make it easier for players to locate specific friends within their friendlist, especially when the list becomes extensive.

2. Personalization and Player Expression: Allowing players to choose their own colors would add a touch of personalization and self-expression to their gaming experience, fostering a stronger connection with their in-game relationships.

3. Accessibility and Inclusivity: Color customization could assist players with visual impairments or color blindness, as they could select colors that offer higher contrast or are distinguishable to them.

I believe that incorporating customizable nickname colors on the friendlist would be a relatively simple yet impactful addition to PokeMMO. It would contribute to the overall user satisfaction and strengthen the community bonds within the game.

I look forward to seeing how this suggestion resonates with the community.

Best regards, 

MightyMichele

2 answers to this question