[Denied]Follow Command

[quote name='ARustedKnight' timestamp='1364687998' post='256030']
and if its still a problem, just prevent people from following on the cycling road
[/quote]

Why would we disable the following command on one specific area? Dosen't make any sense.

And considering we can use FLY and use our Bikes saves us a lot of time. The follow command is not needed here.

[quote name='Heavenol' timestamp='1364688149' post='256038']
Why would we disable the following command on one specific area? Dosen't make any sense.

And considering we can use FLY and use our Bikes saves us a lot of time. The follow command is not needed here.
[/quote]

who said anything aboout being "needed". I just wanted to follow my friend.

[quote name='ARustedKnight' timestamp='1364688283' post='256042']
[/quote]

[s]Laziness is not a reason to implement this feature :s[/s]

EDIT: No wait, scratch that.

The thing is, in most MMOs they have this feature. But that is because they have such a big overworld that actually takes time to travel to other places. In pokemmo on the other hand, takes just a few seconds to get to the next town by flying.

[quote name='ARustedKnight' timestamp='1364688283' post='256042']
[/quote]
Well, suggestions are things that would improve the game, I don't see in the slightest how this would improve the game, just botters leveling up their pokemon through future daycare/raising their happiness.
In all honesty, even if they did implemented it, how many people would truely use it?
Would be more work than payoff.

[quote name='TheGloriousWalrus' timestamp='1364688571' post='256059']
Well, suggestions are things that would improve the game, I don't see in the slightest how this would improve the game, just botters leveling up their pokemon through future daycare/raising their happiness.
In all honesty, even if they did implemented it, how many people would truely use it?
Would be more work than payoff.
[/quote]

who said improvement cant be a fun feature? does it have to be a bug fix or a smoother way to do things to be an "improvement". Why cant a fun feature like being able to follow your friend be considered and improvement?

making a game more enjoyable through the use of little features in an "Improvement" if you ask me.

[quote name='ARustedKnight' timestamp='1364688737' post='256069']
who said improvement cant be a fun feature? does it have to be a bug fix or a smoother way to do things to be an "improvement". Why cant a fun feature like being able to follow your friend be considered and improvement?
[/quote]

Because it's abusable like we've already mentioned.

When making a suggestion, it is important to look at it from different perspectives.

"How could this make the game more fun?"

"What could players benefit from this feature?"

"How important is this?"

EDIT: also "How long will this take to implement?" (probably not long but whatever)

And last, but not least: "Can players abuse this?"

If the players can take advantage of a feature just to bot, when it is supposed to be fun, it might not be the best idea to implement it. I suppose it depends what it is, but in this case... I'm just gonna go with no again.

[quote name='Heavenol' timestamp='1364689069' post='256084']
Because it's abusable like we've already mentioned.

When making a suggestion, it is important to look at it from different perspectives.

"How could this make the game more fun?"

"What could players benefit from this feature?"

"How important is this?"

And last, but not least: "Can players abuse this?"

If the players can take advantage of a feature just to bot, when it is supposed to be fun, it might not be the best idea to implement it. I suppose it depends what it is, but in this case... I'm just gonna go with no again.
[/quote]

in order

yes, most definatly. CONGA LINES!!!!!

probably not, honestly

not really, but thats why its a suggestion

not long, its a simple gather and repeat. (probably slightly more complicated)

players will find a way to abuse any feature, your question is invalid.

Yeah, this would be abused. 1 player use some script bot, have other players afk follow so if the botter is banned the rest are now. It would be abused, they would find some weird location in the game to do this for hours on end. In short: Bad idea.

Someone lock this before it turns into a fight >.>

[quote name='ARustedKnight' timestamp='1364689206' post='256087']
players will find a way to abuse any feature, your question is invalid.
[/quote]

Of course, but that dosen't mean we should neccesarily make it easier for them.

[quote name='Conker' timestamp='1364689266' post='256088']
Yeah, this would be abused. 1 player use some script bot, have other players afk follow so if the botter is banned the rest are now. It would be abused, they would find some weird location in the game to do this for hours on end. In short: Bad idea.

Someone lock this before it turns into a fight >.>
[/quote]

We aren't fighting :P We are simply arguing, don't worry.

[quote name='Heavenol' timestamp='1364689372' post='256094']
We aren't fighting :P We are simply arguing, don't worry.
[/quote]

Yes, very gentalmanly

[quote name='Heavenol' timestamp='1364689372' post='256094']
Of course, but that dosen't mean we should neccesarily make it easier for them.
[/quote]

thats why youd go over ways to prevent it, I was just suggesting it. lol