[Denied]Texture Pack/ROM Switching

I think this is pretty doable.
Just a small, in-game menu in the main menu settings to change your texture pack or sprites, based upon switching which ROM the game uses, with the user having different ROMs with different IPS patches applied.
This can be useful for temporarily trying out sprite editing, texture packs, or just switching them for various reasons (i.e. for making videos, like with Minecraft, I'm constantly switching texture packs).

Or even implementing a LunarIPS-like program in the game and just patch and unpatch the game or something, but that's less likely.

And for those who are going to say "You can just copy the ROM in the folders" no. The point is to save time and make things more convenient.

[quote name='CipherWeston' timestamp='1364839410' post='259374']
You can just make multiple copies of one Rom, label them and then put them in one by one to test things out.
[/quote]

LOL the very last statement of my post
[quote name='EposVox' timestamp='1364838077' post='259326']
And for those who are going to say "You can just copy the ROM in the folders" no. The point is to save time and make things more convenient.
[/quote]

That's extremely time consuming, and for switching between them, a simple UI script could save loads of time in the long run.

[quote name='EposVox' timestamp='1364839622' post='259379']
LOL the very last statement of my post

That's extremely time consuming, and for switching between them, a simple UI script could save loads of time in the long run.
[/quote]
I read that last post. Trust me. I'm not stupid. I just say its dumb that you want the devs to find ways to make your life easier. This game is still in Alpha. For now you're going to have to do what I said two posts above.

Oh, and if it's a simple UI script, then why don't you write it up?

Obviously I'm going to have to do that for now, I don't imagine [i]any[/i] of these suggestions getting implemented anytime soon.

"[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] its dumb that you want the devs to find ways to make your life easier."[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]No, I am making a [b]suggestion[/b] in the [b]suggestion forum [/b]for a small, potentially useful feature that they could add to the game [i]at some point[/i] to make the game better, hence the point of this forum.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Thanks for your feedback, my idea still stands.[/font][/color]

I've read this thread multiple times and I don't get what it's trying to accomplish. You want texture packs for the game or roms with different texture packs selectable from the UI? It's very hard to tell which one you want. If I think what it I'm thinking, this is what you want:

You want to change/edit texture packs via selecting them in the game. Kind of what Minecraft does. Even if you were to do this the game would most likely need to reset AND start up with the new textures. A lot more work would have to be done in order to make this work. It's not a simple UI script that you write and go because it has to add new classes to make the game actually change the textures on the Rom. The whole structure of the game may also have to be rewritten if it was to happen. It's a lot of optional work on a game that's in alpha and considering we don't have finished audio implementation, enter animations, attack animations, and heck even abilites and attacks we need to work on those first. So yea I'm on the same boat as CipherWeston.

The only way I see this from happening is if the texture packs came in Rar/Zip files and they were placed into a texture pack folder. Before the game lets you enter the world you can select the texture you want to use in game. Editing the sprites (minus the user sprites) on the other hand is probably not going to happen. The fact that it would happen in game would create a lot of graphic problems and for the dev more problems is more unnecessary stress on them.

Interesting idea, but it's something they would do later.