Question on Fossil shunting

I recently wanted to start a fossil shunt but i couldn't find many guides on yt or on the forums.

i was wondering how many fossils is recommended that i get before i start hatching them. I started farming fossils like three days ago and I've gathered 49 fossils in total (25 claw, 24 root). I know ill need probably 200+ to make decent progress on the shunt. i plan on hatching the fossils and then breeding them with dittos afterwards. Just asking for some info on the topic if anyone can help.

3 hours ago, wxkta said:

I recently wanted to start a fossil shunt but i couldn't find many guides on yt or on the forums.

i was wondering how many fossils is recommended that i get before i start hatching them. I started farming fossils like three days ago and I've gathered 49 fossils in total (25 claw, 24 root). I know ill need probably 200+ to make decent progress on the shunt. i plan on hatching the fossils and then breeding them with dittos afterwards. Just asking for some info on the topic if anyone can help.

All depends on how much time you put into said shiny hunt, if you only do it for 15 minutes it will obviously take less fossils than someone that does it for a charm duration. Probably below 400/500 is a safe bet, not sure on how fast people fill boxes with eggs during a egg hunt, ill summon @awkways, he done a few, probably knows better

9 hours ago, razimove said:

ill summon @awkways, he done a few, probably knows better

Consider me summoned

13 hours ago, wxkta said:

I'm pretty sure there's a Patrouski video floating around somewhere on Youtube about this exact topic, but since you're asking for advice here, this is exactly right:

12 hours ago, DerGetrollte said:

As many as you can possibly open in a 1 hour shiny charm-

The most efficient way to egg hunt is to make all of your eggs during a shiny charm, and then hatch the eggs after the charm is over, since according to staff the shiny-ness is determined when you receive the egg from the daycare.

Personally I always end up talking too much in team chat while making eggs, so even with strings, I only end up making around 4 or 5 full boxes of eggs (so 240-300 eggs) max during a 1hr charm. I also know a lot of other people who minimize chat and then mega-fingerblast their keyboards during the 1hr, and they can get ~540 eggs done in a charm. Everyone's pacing/limit is different, and even something like your ping can have a major difference over a full hour of making eggs, so I'd recommend that you start with around 4 boxes (240 pokemon + 240 dittos/breeders), and see how much time you have left over, and then just keep adding +1 box of fossils until you've reached your limit.

Good luck on the shunt _/\_