Something strange with Bruno

I had created a new character and started in the Hoenn region, and when I am about to enter the house of the NPC who is taking us on his boat, Bruno appears out of nowhere and challenges me to a fight, I don't know if it's normal, but no. I remember never having had that fight, is it something new they added?

Apart from the screenshot, I have a video where he gives me all his dialogue

Screenshot_2024-01-09-08-50-42-796_eu.pokemmo.client.jpg

15 minutes ago, Ruuj said:

I had created a new character and started in the Hoenn region, and when I am about to enter the house of the NPC who is taking us on his boat, Bruno appears out of nowhere and challenges me to a fight, I don't know if it's normal, but no. I remember never having had that fight, is it something new they added?

Ye this looks different, never had this but , did you accept Brendan's battle in Rustboro city or you said no? Probably that's why he's there , I never rejected the battle in Rustboro so I never met him on route 104 and I don't know if he meets you there

I've had bugs of duplicate Brendan appearing a bit everywhere but I couldn't interact with him. I wonder if the dialogue you had was the same as the one you have at rustboro. But yeah it's most probably a bug. 

1 hour ago, Ruuj said:

This battle might be a bug. Usually the battle is trigged if you rescue Peeko and then faint, but only if you got back to petalburg. You "skipped" the Rustboro match so the game puts one there to compensate.