[MOD] Animated_2D_Sprites_Upscaled

Hello all,

I started playing pokemmo since 2 months ago and I love this game. So, I have decided making my first mod. 

Basically, I have upscaled all the gen5 animates sprites using the XBRZ algorithm. Take into account the input data for the sprites is so small, so sometimes the upscale has some small artefacts, but the result is better than expected, specially for the back of the pokemon during combat, by default I think it is too pixelated.

Captura de pantalla 2024-01-12 025022.png

I recommend fully disable the battle background and using this mod, because the coordinates are messed up and the sprites are "flying" sometimes.

Download:

Light Version [Recommended] --> in case any key is requested --> KEY: UTUV9wxbECnQEzX4pUH4nF9wmKXUhKBPpc81Oz_5keQ

Heavy Version [May procude Lag Spikes] --> in case any key is requested --> KEY: djY3WAQgJbteb9yplfeiQ_JRlIUWuBQDYkzkBbQB86k

Note: I have a 13900k and 4070Ti and the Heavy Version procudes lag spikes in my setup. I strongly recommend the Light Version

Installation:

- UnZip and place the mod folder in the directory --> \data\mods\

Capturadepantalla2024-01-12165110.png.3119a49a3abf921a16ea586a44eae9ef.png

If you are a old school player like me and you prefer 2D sprites over 3D, feel free to give it a try. I would appreciate any feedback 🙂

In the future, I will investigating better ways to upscale the sprites, I have used 2 different AI models, but at the end the XBRZ was faster and delivered better results.

Kind Regards!

Edited by OneTrickPanther

Load your game with mods disabled.

Go to Settings > Utilities > Dump Moddable Resources

Run the utility and select battle sprites.

The dump should contain all the vanilla sprites for reference. Hope this helps you find the "special cases" you mentioned.

9 hours ago, OneTrickPanther said:

Hello all,

I started playing pokemmo since 2 months ago and I love this game. So, I have decided making my first mod. 

Basically, I have upscaled all the gen5 animates sprites using the XBRZ algorithm. Take into account the input data for the sprites is so small, so sometimes the upscale has some small artefacts, but the result is better than expected in a first instantce, specially for the back of the pokemon during combat, by default I think it is too pixelated.

I recommend fully disable the battle background and using this mod, because the coordinates are messed up and the sprites are "flying" sometimes.

To Fix:

- As far as I know, there are 649 pokemons in this game, but in other mods I have seen the pokedex number goes up to 700. I have seen there are special pokemons which have more than one sprite (Unown, Deoxys, Arceus, Deerling, Sawsbuck...). I have the upscaled sprites, but I need to know the pokedex number for this special cases. Maybe any modder or dev can send me the mapping?

Download:

Mega Link

If you are a old school like me and you prefer 2D sprites over 3D sprites, feel free to give it a try. I would appreciate any feedback 🙂

Kind Regards!

I wanted to do this because I also love the 2d sprites that pokemmo uses from Gen 5 but I wanted to do it directly to the ROM don't know if it's possible I haven't even tried yet but you should definitely keep updating this mod and fixing it and fine-tuning it.

12 hours ago, UncleTyrone said:

Load your game with mods disabled.

Go to Settings > Utilities > Dump Moddable Resources

Run the utility and select battle sprites.

The dump should contain all the vanilla sprites for reference. Hope this helps you find the "special cases" you mentioned.

Thanks! I have included all the remaining pokemons, so all the sprites (special cases, males and females) are included.

They look fantastic, but i am experiencing a small lag spike when i right click on a mon to open their summary and when an encounter/ pvp game loads. May need to downscale if the res is too high on them for performance, would be great if you could try fixing the performance issue otherwise they are amazing!

On 1/12/2024 at 2:44 AM, OneTrickPanther said:

Hello all,

Basically, I have upscaled all the gen5 animates sprites using the XBRZ algorithm. Take into account the input data for the sprites is so small, so sometimes the upscale has some small artefacts, but the result is better than expected, specially for the back of the pokemon during combat, by default I think it is too pixelated.

Download:

Mega Link (in case any key is requested --> KEY: djY3WAQgJbteb9yplfeiQ_JRlIUWuBQDYkzkBbQB86k)

Installation:

- UnZip and place the mod folder in the directory --> \data\mods\

Capturadepantalla2024-01-12165110.png.3119a49a3abf921a16ea586a44eae9ef.png

If you are a old school player like me and you prefer 2D sprites over 3D, feel free to give it a try. I would appreciate any feedback 🙂

In the future, I will investigating better ways to upscale the sprites, I have used 2 different AI models, but at the end the XBRZ was faster and delivered better results.

Kind Regards!

So sad that gamedevs cannot fix the sprites scaling when in the pokedex, or battle screen (I've noticed that they're levitating, not sure if that can be fixed by you)
BTW very nice job 😄

On 1/15/2024 at 3:29 AM, ricochang said:

They look fantastic, but i am experiencing a small lag spike when i right click on a mon to open their summary and when an encounter/ pvp game loads. May need to downscale if the res is too high on them for performance, would be great if you could try fixing the performance issue otherwise they are amazing!

I have created a Light version of the mod. Try it, the lag spikes are fixed in this version 🙂

12 hours ago, Andr3a281093 said:

So sad that gamedevs cannot fix the sprites scaling when in the pokedex, or battle screen (I've noticed that they're levitating, not sure if that can be fixed by you)
BTW very nice job 😄

That is way I fully disable the battle background. On this way you dont see when a sprite levitating

Edited by OneTrickPanther
  • 2 weeks later...

Como jugador de pokemmo de un buen tiempo debo decir que es el mod que más me a gustado hasta ahora, solo un detalle que mencionar sobre algunos legendarios al cuales al parecer no les afecta el mod como en este caso fue Arceus, no se si a los demás legendarios de las demás regiones les funcione. 

Screenshot_20240122-225252_PokeMMO.png

• 4 weeks later...

i love this mod,it creates a scrawl feeling for the pm.I'm looking forward to it's continuous optimization, and even in the future, it can upscale other mod such as follows items and icons.

Screenshot_2024-02-28-02-37-18-430_eu.pokemmo.client.jpg

Edited by ddnodollar
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...