Let Teddiursa Learn Payday

graysocean

Question

Teddiursa by default can learn the ability Pickup, and since the addition of hidden abilities it can have Honey Gather as well. in my own experience, Honey Gather appears to give honey at very similar if not the same rate as Pickup, but only giving honey (obviously). With these abilities, it learning covet and thief as well, it seems like a pretty natural candidate for a payday mon in my opinion. it also seems to relatively balance out (or even be worse) since you miss out on the Pickup loot table if you decide to go for Honey Gather instead. 

im still pretty new in the grand scheme of the game so if theres an obvious oversight as to why this would be OP, my bad 😄 just like the honey tree mons and looking for the best way to get a lot of honey!

4 answers to this question

3 hours ago, graysocean said:

Teddiursa by default can learn the ability Pickup, and since the addition of hidden abilities it can have Honey Gather as well. in my own experience, Honey Gather appears to give honey at very similar if not the same rate as Pickup, but only giving honey (obviously). With these abilities, it learning covet and thief as well, it seems like a pretty natural candidate for a payday mon in my opinion. it also seems to relatively balance out (or even be worse) since you miss out on the Pickup loot table if you decide to go for Honey Gather instead. 

im still pretty new in the grand scheme of the game so if theres an obvious oversight as to why this would be OP, my bad 😄 just like the honey tree mons and looking for the best way to get a lot of honey!

Good evening graysocean, I hope you are doing alright. The issue with Teddiursa learning Pay Day is that Teddi cannot learn it in the base games. As a result, Teddi is not likely to have this added to its movepool (unless the base games decide to add Pay Day into Teddi's Learnset). As for Munchlax, Snorlax can learn Pay Day in the base games (Let's Go Pikachu). For now, feel free to carry both Teddiursa and Muchlax in your PvE Team (that is a tactic I do).

5 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

Good evening graysocean, I hope you are doing alright. The issue with Teddiursa learning Pay Day is that Teddi cannot learn it in the base games. As a result, Teddi is not likely to have this added to its movepool (unless the base games decide to add Pay Day into Teddi's Learnset). As for Munchlax, Snorlax can learn Pay Day in the base games (Let's Go Pikachu). For now, feel free to carry both Teddiursa and Muchlax in your PvE Team (that is a tactic I do).

hey Bestfriends, i really appreciate the reply! i understand its not a part of the base moveset, i was just asking from more of the perspective of a game addition/variation per se, however i can understand changing movesets being a bit of a touchy thing in general. i found some older forum posts that were asking for more payday mons as just a general suggestion, and this suggestion was my variation of it since i didn't see a real answer as to why it couldn't happen on there. it would be a cool quality of life thing but i understand and respect sticking to base movesets! 😄 thanks again for your time

Where is the point of 600 pokemon if one can have it all?

I like the diversity and that it needs a variety of mons for farming and different approaches to it.

Teddi is already stacked with a bunch of useful tools and pretty much the MVP when it comes to XP/EV grinding. For honey, too.

Edited by Johnwaynee

6 minutes ago, Johnwaynee said:

Where is the point of 600 pokemon if one can have it all?

I like the diversity and that it needs a variety of mons for farming and different approaches to it.

Teddi is already stacked with a bunch of useful tools and pretty much the MVP when it comes to XP/EV grinding. For honey, too.

can't argue with that 😄 with some more time with it as well i've figured there's better situations to use it anyway, my honey luck was much better when killing hordes with it o7 appreciate the insight and ty for the reply