[MOD] Various Battle Backgrounds + Surfing Lapras

Great work! Have been waiting ages for something like this! My only gripe is I guess the beach ones totally block the opposing Mon's most of the time. Looking forward to more in the future, and do you know whether it's possible to have more than one per rom? Like different areas based on where the battle is, like in the base game?

I guess there must be some differences as PokeMMO has different colour backgrounds to match this normally? May just be the RGB values changed, if so maybe you could make some generic ones that don't look weird if the colour is different; Whatever it is, it will be a lot better than the pixelated default ones!!

19 hours ago, xingzhiyu said:

Will it be possible to integrate these four background one day.

And it's really great.😘

17 hours ago, AshNinja said:

Great work! Have been waiting ages for something like this! My only gripe is I guess the beach ones totally block the opposing Mon's most of the time. Looking forward to more in the future, and do you know whether it's possible to have more than one per rom? Like different areas based on where the battle is, like in the base game?

I guess there must be some differences as PokeMMO has different colour backgrounds to match this normally? May just be the RGB values changed, if so maybe you could make some generic ones that don't look weird if the colour is different; Whatever it is, it will be a lot better than the pixelated default ones!!

I understand about the issue with the beach and im aiming to address it with custom background modding. It is possible to have more than one background for a rom, the issue is specification. I chose to use one background because there are too many variations to make patches for.

Edited by guaychow
On 2/16/2024 at 10:38 PM, guaychow said:

It is possible to have more than one background for a rom, the issue is specification.

Could you please elaborate on this? Do you mean there are too many to make?

If it wouldn't take too much effort, it would be amazing if you recorded a quick video of what you do to modify/select them? No need to talk over it with a tutorial or anything, but at least we could see how it works and maybe help you with some more backgrounds or something? 🙂 I just wouldn't know where to start 

On 2/13/2024 at 3:38 AM, guaychow said:

This is a patch that changes ALL the battle backgrounds in game to ones shown in the video/screenshots. This also comes with the No battle ground mod by @efeburc

Download:
Night Beach

Sunset Beach

Galaxy

Park

Video:

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshots:
Night Beach

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.2d18989cc57d6af725a6b66d6c302b30.png

Sunset Beach

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.c5c8a6c488844058162bbe87e949e1a6.png

Galaxy

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.60f70b1c01eabb11fdcc1794f0263af5.png

Park

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.7b7e4d0811476d8410b31e2a081690a2.png

Installation:

1. For PC users: Download xdelta: https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/598/

For Android users: UniPatcher from the Google Play Store
2. Open xdeltaUI.exe
3. For the Patch file select the appropriate game version patch (White Patch for Pokemon White and Black Patch for Pokemon Black)
4. For the
Source file select the ROM you use to play Pokemmo with (it has to be an unpatched USA rom of Black or White [5585 Pokemon Black/5584 Pokemon White] or else the patch will likely not work)
Output file name it and make sure to add .nds at the end of the filename > click Patch.
6. Open Pokemmo's LOGIN Screen > Client Management > Black/White Rom >
Select your patched ROM> After selecting your ROM Pokemmo will close and the mod is now installed!

If you load into game and still don't see the background, look in Pokemmo settings Video section and see if "Show Battle Background" is checked. Screenshot below

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.45d201c98ca7445bcc3e564f3d4ed9be.png

The mod is safe to use, you will not get banned for using it. You cannot use two different backgrounds at the same time. These are imports from Black & White 2 battle backgrounds (from the Movie mini-game).

I would like to give special thanks to
@cloo for their documentation/publication/general help. @efeburc for their No battle ground mod/publication help. Lastly @Smooge for shedding light on Battle background modding and getting me started on this journey. I'm currently working on getting fully custom battle backgrounds in game and provide a guide for it but until then enjoy these imports I've selected. 🙂

If you have any questions you can post in the thread or ask me on Discord: guaychow

Your mod is very original, I downloaded the US ROMs just to be able to use your mod! 😉

On 2/12/2024 at 10:38 PM, guaychow said:

This is a patch that changes ALL the battle backgrounds in game to ones shown in the video/screenshots. This also comes with the No battle ground mod by @efeburc

Download:
Night Beach

Sunset Beach

Galaxy

Park

Video:

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshots:
Night Beach

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.2d18989cc57d6af725a6b66d6c302b30.png

Sunset Beach

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.c5c8a6c488844058162bbe87e949e1a6.png

Galaxy

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.60f70b1c01eabb11fdcc1794f0263af5.png

Park

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.7b7e4d0811476d8410b31e2a081690a2.png

Installation:

1. For PC users: Download xdelta: https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/598/

For Android users: UniPatcher from the Google Play Store
2. Open xdeltaUI.exe
3. For the Patch file select the appropriate game version patch (White Patch for Pokemon White and Black Patch for Pokemon Black)
4. For the
Source file select the ROM you use to play Pokemmo with (it has to be an unpatched USA rom of Black or White [5585 Pokemon Black/5584 Pokemon White] or else the patch will likely not work)
Output file name it and make sure to add .nds at the end of the filename > click Patch.
6. Open Pokemmo's LOGIN Screen > Client Management > Black/White Rom >
Select your patched ROM> After selecting your ROM Pokemmo will close and the mod is now installed!

If you load into game and still don't see the background, look in Pokemmo settings Video section and see if "Show Battle Background" is checked. Screenshot below

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.45d201c98ca7445bcc3e564f3d4ed9be.png

The mod is safe to use, you will not get banned for using it. You cannot use two different backgrounds at the same time. These are imports from Black & White 2 battle backgrounds (from the Movie mini-game).

I would like to give special thanks to
@cloo for their documentation/publication/general help. @efeburc for their No battle ground mod/publication help. Lastly @Smooge for shedding light on Battle background modding and getting me started on this journey. I'm currently working on getting fully custom battle backgrounds in game and provide a guide for it but until then enjoy these imports I've selected. 🙂

If you have any questions you can post in the thread or ask me on Discord: guaychow

Hey bro, i really want a black 2 backgrounds. Do you intend to do this?

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 2/19/2024 at 6:43 AM, AshNinja said:

Could you please elaborate on this? Do you mean there are too many to make?

If it wouldn't take too much effort, it would be amazing if you recorded a quick video of what you do to modify/select them? No need to talk over it with a tutorial or anything, but at least we could see how it works and maybe help you with some more backgrounds or something? 🙂 I just wouldn't know where to start 

Created a Video/Written Guide on it, check out the post below.

On 2/19/2024 at 9:08 AM, ThomasxItl said:

Wouldn't there be a possibility to change the background with FR ROMs ?

Yes, follow the guide I posted below and you will be able to make them for FR ROMs.

On 2/26/2024 at 1:28 AM, Faifneh said:

Hey bro, i really want a black 2 backgrounds. Do you intend to do this?

I don't intend to make patches for every single Black 2 background. If there is a background you want in-game, you can import it with my guide.

Edited by guaychow
On 2/21/2024 at 10:27 PM, josevdr95 said:

@guaychow 

Hola, se me ocurrió crear esta utilidad, con tu permiso para usar los Parches. También necesito obtener más fondos.

05.png

I appreciate what you've done here. I would like to contact you directly through discord: guaychow

Hello there!
I would like to know if you could answer some questions for me.

· Is it possible to model scenarios and import them, or just change them?
· Do the scenarios you used come from a specific site? · Did you implement the scenarios for each battle manually (one by one) or is there a way to use a parent scenario?
· Do you intend to share more data about the progress of this project with the public?
· Is it possible to obtain the scenarios you posted to examine them? (If the second answer applies, ignore this.)

I’m just very interested in what could be done, and I’ve searched for several hours, but there doesn’t seem to be much of my interest on the internet. I’m not an expert on this topic, but I want to get involved. Greetings!

Posted (edited)
On 3/13/2024 at 5:21 AM, Zelotz said:

Hello there!
I would like to know if you could answer some questions for me.

· Is it possible to model scenarios and import them, or just change them?
· Do the scenarios you used come from a specific site? · Did you implement the scenarios for each battle manually (one by one) or is there a way to use a parent scenario?
· Do you intend to share more data about the progress of this project with the public?
· Is it possible to obtain the scenarios you posted to examine them? (If the second answer applies, ignore this.)

I’m just very interested in what could be done, and I’ve searched for several hours, but there doesn’t seem to be much of my interest on the internet. I’m not an expert on this topic, but I want to get involved. Greetings!

1. Is it possible to model scenarios and import them, or just change them?
I think it is possible.

2. Do the scenarios you used come from a specific site? Did you implement the scenarios for each battle manually (one by one) or is there a way to use a parent scenario?

My guide explains how I implement them & I got the models from Black & White 2

3. Do you intend to share more data about the progress of this project with the public?
I don't intend to create more Imports posts like this one.

Edited by guaychow
  • guaychow changed the title to [MOD] Various Battle Backgrounds + Surfing Lapras

Added a new patch that replaces the surfing model with a Lapras model from Pokemon X & Y, it also has a shiny variation (Screenshot in the main post). This patch doesn't include any battle background changes. I've also included a link to the model in my Import tutorial if you wish to customize your ROM.

Posted (edited)
On 4/5/2024 at 2:00 AM, Ilyasvielle said:

hello can you make the lapras thing on pokemon heartgold because our pokemon white is already patched with anime voices

I'm not sure if that's possible because PokeMMO utilizes Black/White surf model for all of the DS regions.

Edited by guaychow

Oye pero si yo tengo una rom modificada de que los pokemons hablen como el anime y quiero tener el de lapras surf como le hago para usar los dos al mismo tiempo 

Edited by NotDany