LNY Shrine Guide (20 minutes per run)

Hey guys! This is going to be my first ever guide so bare with me. I've been using this method the past couple of days and figured I would share with everyone. Skip to the end for the shortened version but I recommend the full guide if you are new.

PRE BOSS

Spoiler

Make sure the link leader is player 1. Start your first wave as MONKEY.

Player 1: image.gif

Player 2: image.gif

Player 3:  image.gif

Player 4: image.gif

ORDER of Pokemon to fight/claim: image.gifimage.gifimage.gifimage.gifimage.gifimage.gifimage.gif

TIP 1: Announce to your team in chat/call when you're fighting an important Pokemon so everyone knows it's not needed anymore. Ex: Fighting Spinda right now, About to fight Piplup, etc.

TIP 2: Try using STAB moves when possible except when not very effective.

WAVE 1 MONKEY

Spoiler

Make sure to select MONKEY as your 1st wave. Charizard and Gyarados will team up while Salamence and Garchomp will team up. Charizard/Gyarados will make their way to the shrine while also fighting all the pokemon in the way. It is VERY IMPORANT that you grab  image.gif AND image.gif during wave 1 or it will slow down the strategy. Not fighting Meditite will mess up the strat completely.

WAVE 2 ROOSTER

Spoiler

Once the ROOSTER wave starts make sure you grab image.gif. Try to designate this job to Salemence/Garchomp so it doesn't slow down the other team while they are running to the shrine, but if Charizard/Gyarados sees a Piplup on the way to the shrine, you should fight it as well just in case. Once team Charizard/Gyarados arrives at the shrine you will split up. Charizard grabs Chimchar from the shrine while Gyarados grabs Meditite . Use the Evolution Charm and the Strength Charm on BOTH of them and proceed to split up. Now there will be teams of 3. 

Teams 1 and 2 will be solo players and Team 3 will pair up together.

TEAM 1 image.gifani_bw_392.gif

TEAM 2 image.gifani_bw_308_f.gif

TEAM 3 image.gifimage.gif

WAVE 3 DOG

Clear everything.

WAVE 4 PIG

Spoiler

Clear everything and fight image.gif

WAVE 5 RAT

Clear everything.

WAVE 6 OX

Spoiler

During this wave AVOID Shieldon if possible because of sturdy. This is the hardest wave due to most of the Pokemon being tankier so tread through carefully and heal when needed.

WAVE 7 TIGER

Clear Everything.

WAVE 8 RABBIT

Spoiler

WAVE 9 DRAGON

Clear everything.

WAVE 10 SNAKE

Spoiler

TIP: Ekans has Intimidate so it may not get 1 shot by Physical moves, especially double Ekans fights.

WAVE 11 HORSE

Clear everything.

TIP: If not already, Player 1 should start heading towards the Politoed so they can sell/buy everything and save more time.

WAVE 12 GOAT

Spoiler

PRE FIGHT PREP

Spoiler

PLAYER 1 Sell all the items and buy 3 Evolutions Charms (if you have 1 already buy 2) and 4 Strength Charms (2 is doable just put them on Spinda and Primeape)

Some runs you might not have enough items so the bare minimum you'll need to prioritize evolving image.gifimage.gifimage.gif and putting your Strength Charms on image.gifani_bw_057.gif

PLAYER 2 Pickup image.gif from the shrine.

PLAYER 3(Salamence) Pickup image.gifimage.giffrom the shrine.

PLAYER 4(Garchomp) Pickup image.gif from the shrine.

Once you purchased all of the items, EVOLVE image.gifimage.gifimage.gif 

Strength Charm image.gifani_bw_057.gif and if you have more use them on ani_bw_395.gifani_bw_497.gif

TRADES

PLAYER 1 TRADE ani_bw_392.gifto PLAYER 4(Garchomp)

PLAYER 3(Salamence) TRADEani_bw_057.gifimage.gif to PLAYER 1

Organize your teams as such before the Nian Fight

PLAYER 1 image.gifani_bw_057.gifimage.gif

PLAYER 2 ani_bw_497.gifani_bw_308_f.gifimage.gif

PLAYER 3 image.gifimage.gif

PLAYER 4ani_bw_395.gifani_bw_392.gifimage.gif

NIAN FIGHT

Spoiler

DO NOT heal during the fight unless you're really unlucky. Ex: Serperior missing more than twice, getting crit on, not having the ideal pokemon for fight, Spinda dies, etc.

PLAYER 1

Cottonee sets up tailwind. Turn 2 just attack with giga drain so they can get focus you and die. Turn 3 switch into Primeape and spam Drain punch on Nian.

PLAYER 2

Serperior Leaf storm Nian the whole fight. If Serperior dies, Medicham serves as backup.

PLAYER 3

Spinda Superpower Nian the whole fight.

PLAYER 4

Empoleon sets up Shields. Turn 2 spam Signal beam on Nian for rest of the fight. If Empoleon dies Infernape serves as backup with Brick Break.

After you finish the fight, use teleport item in your bag and leave/reset.

TLDR VERSION(Less Detailed)

Spoiler

PRE BOSS

Player 1 grab Charizard and then chimchar(evo/strength charm) at the shrine; fight everything until wave 12

Player 2 grab Gyarados and then Medicham(evo/strength charm) at the shrine; fight everything until wave 12

Players 3(Salamence) and 4(Garchomp) duo fights until wave 12

ORDER of Pokemon to fight/claim: image.gifimage.gifimage.gifimage.gifimage.gifimage.gifimage.gif

Player 3/4 DONT take from the shrine until the end

In the end you should have 3 evo charms and 2-4 strength charms(Spinda, Primeape, Serperior, Empoleon) before the fight. Purchase what is necessary.

PLAYER 1 image.gifani_bw_057.gifimage.gif

PLAYER 2 ani_bw_497.gifani_bw_308_f.gifimage.gif

PLAYER 3 image.gifimage.gif

PLAYER 4ani_bw_395.gifani_bw_392.gifimage.gif

Refer back to NIAN FIGHT for details

NOTES

This guide has a lot of room for error so don't be scared if you mess up on some parts. As long as you grab Spinda and Cottonee you'll be fine. If you missed some of the Pokemon that you needed, Lucario or Darmanitan serves as the best replacement for Serperior/Primeape. If you miss Piplup, replace it with Lucario and have Cottonee set up shields first instead of tailwind. If you're unable to setup tailwind turn 2 it's okay, the run might take a minute or 2 longer. Once you go through it the first couple times, it becomes very routine what you need to do and you can even improvise quickly as well if you miss some pokemon on the list so don't panic. You'll end up getting to the point where you barely need to communicate anything. My group consistently gets under 20 minutes per run(best 17 minutes) so 20 minutes is a good average for this guide. Your first 1 or 2 runs might take a little bit longer because you are following the guide.

Please let me know if you guys have any questions. This guide can definitely be perfected more optimally, but this is what I've been doing during my runs.

Ty to nayoe, Jianybin, and HogRiderPoke for allowing me test the strategy with you guys >:3

Edited by Buddhalicious