Is there a way to force a mon under lvl 100 to evolve without leveling up?

I was training some mons to sell on the GTL, but I got disconnected as they were evolving. When I reconnected like less then 5 seconds after getting dced, 4 of the 5 mons didn't evolve.

I don't want to make them gain a new lvl because they will become much harder to sell (and less valuable).

Anyone knows if there is a way ingame to force a mon to evolve without leveling up? All the mons are already in the correct level to evolve, they just didn't evolve because I got disconnected.

55 minutes ago, Doctor said:

Why

The higher they get above level cap, the less regions they can be purchased for as a "help me im stuck" purchase for many noobs.

Or at least thats my impression. I could be wrong, but ive been in that scenario when breeding "storyline savers" and i over level them just zoning out on the EV training 🤣🤣

Rebreed or restart lol

Edited by CanadaSorry
3 hours ago, Doctor said:

Why

Like @CanadaSorry said, it's about the storyline (or that's what I was lead to believe).

Thing is, if I sell them at the correct level, they usually sell in at most one day. Meanwhile, if I overlevel them, even if just by 1 level, they simply rot on the GTL for days, until a miracle happens, or I get them back after 2 weeks. To mitigate that I have to undervalue them by a lot, in the hopes random people buy them because they are cheap.

Last time I tried my luck and priced 4 of them just like if they were in the correct value. 1 sold in 3 days, 2 sold in 7 days, and the last one almost reached the end date (15 days IIRC), but some good soul bought it before that. In the meantime I've sold more then 20 others in the correct level, all selling in less then 2 days from being listed.

2 hours ago, CanadaSorry said:

The higher they get above level cap, the less regions they can be purchased for as a "help me im stuck" purchase for many noobs.

Or at least thats my impression. I could be wrong, but ive been in that scenario when breeding "storyline savers" and i over level them just zoning out on the EV training 🤣🤣

Rebreed or restart lol

Luckily it isn't something valuable, no breeding involved whatsoever. If I just lost these 4, it isn't a big deal. My fear is if this starts happening oftenly. I usually arrange my training so all mons I sell like this evolve at the same time. If I get disconnected while the 5 mons are evolving, I'll lose a few due to it. This was the first time this happened to me, but I get occasional disconnects once in a while.

I wished devs either forced evolutions to happen anyway when we disconnect, or at least gave us a tool to force evolve a mon if it has enough levels already to do so. I hoped the latter solution was already in the game.

On 3/12/2024 at 6:19 PM, Totila said:

I wished devs either forced evolutions to happen anyway when we disconnect, or at least gave us a tool to force evolve a mon if it has enough levels already to do so. I hoped the latter solution was already in the game.

NOT A CHANCE unless this is a toggleable option. Some times we don't want something to evolve like Meowth we use for Pay day. 

38 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

NOT A CHANCE unless this is a toggleable option. Some times we don't want something to evolve like Meowth we use for Pay day. 

You do know you can actually press a single button to stop evolution right? The B button. You don't need to disconnect from the game to do that.

Also, you can either use the daycare or a reamplifier + everstone to train meowth without any concerns that it will evolve.

Considering all these 3 options, evolving a meowth by mistake is totally on the player.

Meanwhile, if our mons don't evolve when they should, we have no other options for them to evolve unless we overlevel them and thus they lose value on the GTL. And considering this is done as a moneymaking method, if disconnects become too frequent, it kills the method.

So I see no reason to be startled with my suggestion if your only concern is not evolving a mon like Meowth. BTW, you avoid evolving Meowth because of Pickup, not because of Payday.

1 hour ago, Totila said:

You do know you can actually press a single button to stop evolution right? The B button. You don't need to disconnect from the game to do that.

Also, you can either use the daycare or a reamplifier + everstone to train meowth without any concerns that it will evolve.

Considering all these 3 options, evolving a meowth by mistake is totally on the player.

Meanwhile, if our mons don't evolve when they should, we have no other options for them to evolve unless we overlevel them and thus they lose value on the GTL. And considering this is done as a moneymaking method, if disconnects become too frequent, it kills the method.

So I see no reason to be startled with my suggestion if your only concern is not evolving a mon like Meowth. BTW, you avoid evolving Meowth because of Pickup, not because of Payday.

I think we should have an box for evolving, letting 3 options: Default, Force-Evolve and Hold-Evolve. First one lets you choose when you evolve, 2nd forces the mon to evolve anf you can't cancel, 3rd denies the evoltuion except via items etc...