PokeMMO Video Contest Winners

[quote name='Mariout' timestamp='1364975616' post='262937']
As much as I agree with Elderberry, I can't let this one go:

Just..what? The video shows an NPC in a Pokemon game going up to some guy and asking if he pushed her along with a very short joke regarding that, and you somehow equate this with the real life molestation of children? That saddens me.

I did not mean to imply a belief that the judges had brushed aside videos if they were bored. I was simply stating that the 3rd place video stands out due to being unique and humurous and that this, in my opinion, is worthy of praise.
[/quote]

No what should sadden you is that you people accepting this kind of "joke" and not only that, he gets rewarded for it

[quote name='Strychnine' timestamp='1364973677' post='262890']The music used for the rest of the trailer was not appropriate for the subject matter.[/quote]That was the last thing I expected anyone to say.

[quote name='Strychnine' timestamp='1364973677' post='262890']It used both a defunct graphics patch and a custom gui, making the footage not indicative of actual gameplay.[/quote] I got Squirtle's permission beforehand and he said that it was alright.

I really want to quote you on everything you said about my video as I did work extremely hard on making it (it was the first video I actually truly composed) but I am not going to argue with you as this thread exists to congratulate the Winners like ElderBerry said.

[font=georgia,serif]I am done here, congrats to the Winners once again.[/font]

[quote name='Squall' timestamp='1364977130' post='262958']
That was the last thing I expected anyone to say.

I got Squirtle's permission beforehand and he said that it was alright.

I really want to quote you on everything you said about my video as I did work extremely hard on making it (it was the first video I actually truly composed) but I am not going to argue with you as this thread exists to congratulate the Winners like ElderBerry said.

[font=georgia,serif]I am done here, congrats to the Winners once again.[/font]
[/quote]
I apologise for how harsh I was, but I felt under the circumstances an objective breakdown of the video issues was needed.

I wish to welcome everyone who competed in the video contest to review this: [url="https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/17641-pokemmo-video-contestants/"]https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/17641-pokemmo-video-contestants/[/url]

Thanks for your time and for your hard work! And you are all winners in my eyes!

[quote name='Strychnine' timestamp='1364977459' post='262963']
I apologise for how harsh I was, but I felt under the circumstances an objective breakdown of the video issues were needed.
[/quote]Your evaluation of my video was pretty harsh, but that's all in the past now. I forgive you Strychnine :)

[quote name='ProfessorElderberry' timestamp='1364977975' post='262972']
I wish to welcome everyone who competed in the video contest to review this: [url="https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/17641-pokemmo-video-contestants/"]https://forums.pokem...eo-contestants/[/url]

Thanks for your time and for your hard work! And you are all winners in my eyes!
[/quote]You truly are a messiah in times like this ElderBerry...

I'm in the same situation as Strychnine where I don't represent Squirtle or the judges in what I'm about to say.

Personally I found number 3 very funny and entertaining. I'm looking at it as this is a competition for the best video for the front page. Skazord won that by a long shot. 2nd and 3rd are just bonuses for a great effort and 2nd place was really well made and 3rd place had a little bit extra going for it.

I didn't watch many of the other videos, I did see Squall's and DoctorPBC's though and they were both really good. In saying that I don't have any problem with HonkysaurusRex taking 3rd.

Once again congrats to the winners, some really nice stuff was made. I hope I don't offend any of you guys.

I am somewhat surprised that I won. I really liked that guy StarmanJr's video, and thought that it'd easily beat me, guess I was wrong, since it didn't even place.

On the other hand, I am really happy, since I worked pretty hard on that video and got everything done as well as I could. Thanks to everyone that congratulated me, grats to the 2 runner ups, and better luck next time to everyone else that didn't place.

Also, Squirtle, you didn't send me a PM like last time, and apparently you're not on IRC either, if you can, try to contact me somehow, I'll go online on PokeMMO's teamspeak and stay idle in a room.

Cheers guys

Oh also, forgot to say, thanks to my team members too, for helping with several stuff, from being ingame to help shoot footage, to helping me correct some gramatical typos that I didn't spot at first, for everything really. I wouldn't be playing anymore if I didn't had these people around me. Cheers guys, thanks TWL.

Also, special thanks to Plizard for the music suggestions, that one was just perfect.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Af6i1Z8.png[/img]
[size=2]TF pls come back ;_;[/size]

[quote name='skazord' timestamp='1364986501' post='263061']
Oh also, forgot to say, thanks to my team members too, for helping with several stuff, from being ingame to help shoot footage, to helping me correct some gramatical typos that I didn't spot at first, for everything really. I wouldn't be playing anymore if I didn't had these people around me. Cheers guys, thanks TWL.

Also, special thanks to Plizard for the music suggestions, that one was just perfect.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Af6i1Z8.png[/img]
[size=2]TF pls come back ;_;[/size]
[/quote]

Haha, congratz man, and good job everyone! Now, what pokemon shall you turn into a shiny?

[quote name='Heavenol' timestamp='1364989030' post='263089']

Haha, congratz man, and good job everyone! Now, what pokemon shall you turn into a shiny?
[/quote]
Why aren't wailords obtainable? ;_;

[spoiler] [img]http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/227/a/b/nico_and_the_shiny_wailord_by_voretails-d5b8jj3.png[/img] [/spoiler]

[quote name='Heavenol' timestamp='1364989030' post='263089']
[/quote]

Check Wailord thread, we were talking about that there

[quote name='Orangeslash' timestamp='1364989591' post='263096']
Why aren't wailords obtainable? ;_;
[/quote]

I know ;_;

(devs pls)

I can see where some of you are coming from. It was an odd decision to throw in jokes like "You can touch little girls" in a trailer that should be taking the game somewhat seriously. I should have had more people look over it before the contest ended. Looking back I should have just replaced that bit with an actual feature. Maybe customization, since I forgot to put that in. That being said, I am surprised that I won. After posting the video here, I figured they wouldn't really go for it. While editing that, I seemed to take every opportunity to take the piss out of the game/community(hence things like the asterisk after organized). I'll be back later today to discuss anything else that might come up.

Congratulations to BrutalGG and Skazord!