A(nother) problem

I grew tired of Pokemmo long ago. The only thing keeping me playing this "game" was the mirage of having Johto and some of my friends that still hadn't left, all while I testified myself the other regions being butchered; the future was not bright.

However, Johto finally dropped.

Great jubilation! It was not important that my Gengar on which I invested time and resources now was without Levitate, an ability he had from the start, it was not important that my pokes with recovery abilities, on wich I spent LOTS of money and time in order to max out their PPs now magically had only 5 PPs and NO ONE gave me my money and time back, or any other form of compesation for what is worth.

No, I finally had Johto.

And all seemed to be alright and working, even without Kanto, Mount Silver and lots of content. We cannot catch red Gyarados for instance, God knows why.

However...!

They even showered us, puny mortals, with the gift of legendaries! A thing that should have been in the game from the beginning, now was finally available! It doesn't matter what convoluted system you have to follow to catch a basic version of a poke that needs to be powered up by using some strange artefice.

You can catch them.

Only if you have a team able to defeat Ho-oh of course. I just wanted to use the team I love, which is pretty damn good, but it seems that I'll need to build THE team (the one everyone uses) from scratch in order to max out my probabilities of defeating asap the legendary bird and his hideous mechanics, of which it's not possible to know how exactly they work.

Aren't we grateful?

Now what made me click.

Alpha swarm.

I have a brilliant idea.

Since the alpha doesn't know any move effective on Shedinja...why not using him to take time?

Now, many of you already know this but for the poor ones like myself: magic shield works only 2 times outside of PvP.

What

the

actual

Why.

WHY.

Isn't that a strategy like any other?

Isn't this the way the games were intended to be played, using your brain and your knowledge?

How the hell does it impact in ANY way the PvE!? Why must I read all the damn changelogs, in constant fear that they made another unwanted, unjustified and stupid change like this? Who knows for how long has been this way! I lived in a lie, I thought I knew Pokémon.

Why can't we just play Pokémon all together instead of playing THEIR Pokémon? Go develop your own game if you want to keep going this way ffs!

And no. I'm not quitting, because I love my pokes and I spent so much time playing this game which still has a big potential, if managed the right way. I just want to rant about this because I know I'm not alone, I know that many of the people that feel the same aren't even on the forum, I know for sure that too many of the people that quitted this game, did so due to what I said and so much more.

One last thing: the altars for raids are positioned literally where one wants to walk or where there's a good scenery to afking.

As always,

Give Levitate back to Gengar.

Edited by lallo17
formatting

I understand the frustration. Really. I also felt that way when they removed levitate from gengar (one of my fav pokemon) but the thing to keep in mind that this is a MMO and like every MMO, things HAVE to be balanced. Economy / grinding is a BIG part of any MMO.

Maybe this frustration is clouding your judgement IMO. PokeMMO is the best MMO and with a future ahead. About Johto, there is Kanto and Mt Silver. There is no Kanto from gen 2 games because it makes no sense. The same way, there is no logic in allowing a free shiny for everyone, specially if it's possible to have alt accounts. I, for instance, have 8 chars. How would that be good if I had 8 shiny Gyarados just for the storyline? I have 2 but I got by grinding (shunting).

EDIT: Something that really bothered me was those moves used upon entering the field in Red Rebattle. There is nothing "fair" about that but, as time went and I learned the strats, I understood that the difficulty level was well balanced and is actually good for the game.

Edited by vitormurucci

Gengar levitate was already supposed to have been removed with Unova introduction, but was decided to only be later on, and frankly cursed body is a lot stronger as it brings another rng layer to a match.
Pokemmo movepools and competitive sets (abilities etc) get updated towards the latest update possible, without implementing things that don't belong in this generation (moves, abilities and items, with a few tweaks and/or complex bans)
Wow introducing a difficult boss in a mmo, what a scandal right? Imagine if my 6 pachirisus can't beat ho-oh smh.
And shedinja being nerfed for pve is honestly good, once again, to help and force you to create more original strategies (doens't happen, but the idea is there)

And I do think you're alone, sorry.