[Denied]Implement a new channel (Ch.9) for Veteran players.

[quote name='JWingWangWong' timestamp='1368239505' post='329578']
[color=#b22222]But then you would admit that we would need a resource of good people and more community managers? [/color][color=#000080]This means hiring more people due to the absence of experienced players in veteran chat.[/color] Remember that community managers are more global orientated and new players can only talk in global until their 4th badge.
[/quote]

[color="#b22222"]No. The people who go to channel 9 will do so when they don't feel like assisting noobs. They wouldn't have helps noobs anyways.[/color]
[color=#000080]No, refer above. We won't require new CM's. Even if we did, which we wont, they don't cost anything. They are a volunteer position. Also, new CM's are in the works already.[/color]

[quote name='NaitDawg' timestamp='1368240288' post='329594']
[color=#b22222]No. The people who go to channel 9 will do so when they don't feel like assisting noobs. They wouldn't have helps noobs anyways.[/color]
[color=#000080]No, refer above. We won't require new CM's. Even if we did, which we wont, they don't cost anything. They are a volunteer position. Also, new CM's are in the works already.[/color]
[/quote]
All right my work is done. Thank you for answering my questions as I played devil's advocate for a bit.

So you group people who're aren't like you (350+ hours) and make them play in their own little channel while you get to feel superior about it? Sorry, it's just the fact that you're implying people with less than 350 hours a "noob" and need to seperate yourself from them. I've been here since September (Not saying that's long), I've played for only 230 hours, and you feel the need to call yourself a "veteran" and that I need to play with the "noobs". K

[quote name='Mikecw' timestamp='1368242260' post='329641']
[b]So you group people who're aren't like you (350+ hours) and make them play in their own little channel while you get to feel superior about it?[/b] Sorry, it's just the fact that [b]you're implying people with less than 350 hours a "noob"[/b] and need to seperate yourself from them. I've been here since September (Not saying that's long), I've played for only 230 hours, and [b]you feel the need to call yourself a "veteran" and that I need to play with the "noobs[/b]". K
[/quote]

First of all, I'm not making anyone do anything. I'm saying that players who have stuck around for a long time should have the opportunity to use an exclusive channel. I'm not forcing anyone to do anything,
Second, I'm saying that noobs are noobs, not people with under 350 hours. There is a gap between "noob" and "veteran", and its quite large. The original idea was for the requirement to be 100 hours, not 350.
Thirdly, refer to the first post about the veteran jargon.

TL;DR : Stop being so emotional.

[b]"Channel 9 is restricted to users who have [u][u]350+ hours, or donator status[/u][/u].[/b] It has many benefits, which include :"
This was on your first post, unless you updated it or something. And according to the join dates here on the forums, I've been here longer than you. This idea is extremely flawed.

[quote name='Mikecw' timestamp='1368242260' post='329641']
So you group people who're aren't like you (350+ hours) and make them play in their own little channel while you get to feel superior about it? Sorry, it's just the fact that you're implying people with less than 350 hours a "noob" and need to seperate yourself from them. I've been here since September (Not saying that's long), I've played for only 230 hours, and you feel the need to call yourself a "veteran" and that I need to play with the "noobs". K
[/quote]

Being a veteran has nothing to do with join date - it has to do with the level of participation. Your 230 hours, September join date and 43 forums posts put you, in my mind, not much above any other player who has 230 hours and 43 forums posts and March join date.

[quote name='Mikecw' timestamp='1368243169' post='329665']
[b]"Channel 9 is restricted to users who have [u][u]350+ hours, or donator status[/u][/u].[/b] It has many benefits, which include :"
This was on your first post, unless you updated it or something. [b]And according to the join dates here on the forums, I've been here longer than you.[/b] This idea is extremely flawed.
[/quote]
Yes, it was changed because most people wanted the requirement to be higher.

Also, join date has[color=#ff0000] zero[/color] relevance. It has to do with experience and play time. You think that i'm on the high horse about hours, but i'm saying that you're on the high horse about join date.

[quote name='NaitDawg' timestamp='1368242984' post='329657']

First of all, I'm not making anyone do anything. I'm saying that players who have stuck around for a long time should have the opportunity to use an exclusive channel. I'm not forcing anyone to do anything,
Second, I'm saying that noobs are noobs, not people with under 350 hours. There is a gap between "noob" and "veteran", and its quite large. The original idea was for the requirement to be 100 hours, not 350.
Thirdly, refer to the first post about the veteran jargon.

TL;DR : Stop being so emotional.
[/quote]

Couldnt have said it better myself. We have more invested in this game and deserve our own channel.

I'd like to see a dev's or gm's opinion on this idea. Thread has gone on long enough, I wanna see a channel full of people I know not a bunch of random schmuks spewing jumpeon bs.

[Spoiler] and dont say "join a team with all those people" because thats just retarded[/spoiler]

[quote name='Chestbrah' timestamp='1368243500' post='329677']
Couldnt have said it better myself. We have more invested in this game and deserve our own channel.

I'd like to see a dev's or gm's opinion on this idea. Thread has gone on long enough, I wanna see a channel full of people I know not a bunch of random schmuks spewing jumpeon bs.
[/quote]

inb4 people say teams. People are in different teams and enjoy those teams, not to mention there are well over 100 players who would meet this requirement

So is the fact that I found you on channel 1 moments after I originally posted irrelevant too? I don't know why you'd be there if you complain about the cancerous dialouge and the noobs. Seems counter-productive to me.

[quote name='Mikecw' timestamp='1368243582' post='329680']
So is the fact that I found you on channel 1 moments after I originally posted irrelevant too? I don't know why you'd be there if you complain about the cancerous dialouge and the noobs. Seems counter-productive to me.
[/quote]

Lol, i don't use global or channel chat whatsoever. I use channel 1 for battling in viridian.

[spoiler]Your arguments are becoming more and more juvenile[/spoiler]

This sounds like an excuse for people to sit around, complimenting each other, and forgoing the general populace in favour of more "preferable" conversation, which hardly merits another channel. This game doesn't need another channel, firstly, and secondly, there are already too many as it is. I HOPE you'd have much more progress on this idea if you joined a team together (ImportantPeoplesCampaign or something like that?) and just spoke on team chat.

(edited for wording)

[quote name='Lindele' timestamp='1368244640' post='329693']
This sounds like an excuse for people to sit around, complimenting each other, and forgoing the general populace in favour of more "preferable" conversation, which hardly merits another channel. This game doesn't need another channel, firstly, and secondly, there are already too many as it is. I HOPE you'd have much more progress on this idea if you joined a team together (ImportantPeoplesCampaign or something like that?) and just spoke on team chat.

(edited for wording)
[/quote]

[quote name='Dannnno' timestamp='1368243575' post='329679']
inb4 people say teams. People are in different teams and enjoy those teams, not to mention there are well over 100 players who would meet this requirement
[/quote]

what did I say :L

I wasn't going to sift through 8 pages of the same back and forth. My opinion stands: This game hardly needs another channel for people to stroke their egos on some hours kick. It says nothing of skill and less of importance. Stick with the public channels or find an already-implemented way of dealing with your "issue," and let the designers work on something of substance.

[quote name='Lindele' timestamp='1368244964' post='329701']
I wasn't going to sift through 8 pages of the same back and forth. My opinion stands: This game hardly needs another channel for people to stroke their egos on some hours kick. It says nothing of skill and less of importance. Stick with the public channels or find an already-implemented way of dealing with your "issue," and let the designers work on something of substance.
[/quote]

it was three posts above yours... and if you would've read that 'same back and forth' you would've realized that your comment was identical to half of 'the same back and forth'

[quote name='Lindele' timestamp='1368244964' post='329701']
[/quote]

"Something of substance" this is something of substance and besides I doubt adding one measly channel would be difficult.

Bottom line is people are leaving the game, people are bored and this would give incentive to stay. It'd give casual players a reason to keep playing, an exclusive channel they wanna be a part of= more donations.

How about I expand on this for you Dannnno "It says nothing of skill..."-Lindele. Just because you have your 350 hours doesn't mean you deserve anything or that you're even good at the game. What you can get done in your 350 hours may not even compare to what someone else can do in less time.

"Bottom line is people are leaving the game, people are bored and this would give incentive to stay. It'd give casual players a reason to keep playing, an exclusive channel they wanna be a part of= more donations."
An incentive where you don't even need to work hard on to get? Who would want to be apart of a group of snobs anyways...

[quote name='Mikecw' timestamp='1368245499' post='329707']
How about I expand on this for you Dannnno "It says nothing of skill..."-Lindele. Just because you have your 350 hours doesn't mean you deserve anything or that you're even good at the game. What you can get done in your 350 hours may not even compare to what someone else can do in less time.
[/quote]

I wasn't, and I don't think anyone else was, making a claim that people with under 350 hours can't get anything done or can't be good at the game. HOWEVER, more time spent working on a MMO type game generally leads to better stuff (pokemon) and higher skill (cuz, experience). This obviously isn't 100% true, but its reasonably accurate. For this reason I think having a location for people who do have this experience isn't a bad thing. Its like anything else in MMO games. If you want something good you have to grind for it.

I've also come to the realization that I've let myself get bogged down in this thread again :L

[quote name='Mikecw' timestamp='1368245499' post='329707']
[/quote]

Yes it does? I've invested more time and effort into this game therefore im better than you so deal with it. I have better pokemon than you, ive met and made more friends than you, im more everything than you.

"I wasn't, and I don't think anyone else was, making a claim that people with under 350 hours can't get anything done or can't be good at the game" I think Chestbrah just proved you wrong.

[quote name='Mikecw' timestamp='1368245856' post='329713']
"I wasn't, and I don't think anyone else was, making a claim that people with under 350 hours can't get anything done or can't be good at the game" I think Chestbrah just proved you wrong.
[/quote]

well chestbrah is also op as fuck and nothing applies to him.

[quote name='JWingWangWong' timestamp='1368239505' post='329578']
But then you would admit that we would need a resource of good people and more community managers? This means hiring more people due to the absence of experienced players in veteran chat. Remember that community managers are more global orientated and new players can only talk in global until their 4th badge.

See above post. Ball served back.
[/quote]doesn't take more than one cm monitoring a chat to tell new players to either google it or press h.

[quote name='AstroSpud' timestamp='1368265223' post='329882']
Give veterans a hat or something.
[/quote]I welcome this idea with open arms.