[Denied]Implement a new channel (Ch.9) for Veteran players.

[quote name='GymLeaderGreen' timestamp='1367822331' post='322578']

Point #1 I can agree with.

You say you want a global experience yet youre wanting to exclude the majority of the global community due to lack of experience or maturity. There is a restriction on global already, Instead of suggesting a new channel, why not suggest tighter restrictions for Global Chat?

Why do long time players need perks? The people you are referring to are usually on team speak or communiciate with each other in the forums. while its not in-game, what you want for the most part already exists, whether or not you take advantage of this is up to you.

It wasnt a terrible argument, it's just the truth. They arent going to implement a new channel for select people, #1 its pointless to try and exclude the cancer of the community due to the shear amount of it, #2 if you dont want to be involved with those people there are already ways to get around it.

For example, do you know Statius? Your requirements in the OP, he meets them. Can you imagine him on Ch. 9?
[/quote]

TL;DR
We can talk about theory all day, and go back and forth forever. In reality, channel 9 would be used and loved. If you personally don't like it for some reason, don't use it, just like any other completely togglable feature.

[quote name='NaitDawg' timestamp='1367823379' post='322595']
In reality, channel 9 would be used and loved.
[/quote]
That is only a theory. There is no actual evidence that could support your claim, as this "Channel 9" does not exist.[quote name='Chestbrah' timestamp='1367823461' post='322596']
i dont even know who that is
[/quote]
Player who told various people to jump into wells and off of cliffs.

[quote name='NaitDawg' timestamp='1367823805' post='322604']
I have yet to see a con for this idea or a reason as to why channel 9 would not work.
[/quote]

Aside from the in-game interaction (seriously, just talk or use Alt+Tab), there isn't really any positive aspects to this suggestion that something like TeamSpeak can't do.

[quote name='TWDaryl' timestamp='1367823611' post='322600']
I'll say it again, I support this idea but it will never happen. Not at this moment in time anyway.
[/quote]
[quote name='TWDaryl' timestamp='1367823900' post='322606']
There is no con. But Kyu will arrive shortly.
[/quote]

seeing as how this thread is already on page 4 and they havent locked it yet i'd say thats a good sign for it being taken under consideration

[spoiler]i expected it to be locked after 5 minutes[/spoiler]

[quote name='Nova14' timestamp='1367824014' post='322609']
Aside from the in-game interaction (seriously, just talk or use Alt+Tab), there isn't really any positive aspects to this suggestion that something like TeamSpeak can't do.
[/quote]
Well there is the thing about not having to switch from the client to TeamSpeak.

but that is just because I'm lazy as hell

[quote name='Chestbrah' timestamp='1367824275' post='322614']
seeing as how this thread is already on page 4 and they havent locked it yet i'd say thats a good sign for it being taken under consideration

[spoiler]i expected it to be locked after 5 minutes[/spoiler]
[/quote] I didn't say they weren't taking under consideration, either way, the arrival of Kyu waits.

[quote name='Archinix' timestamp='1367824348' post='322616']
Well there is the thing about not having to switch from the client to TeamSpeak.
[/quote]

That is true, but everything else can be handled with TS.

[quote name='NaitDawg' timestamp='1367824649' post='322625']
You guys keep forgetting that teamspeak is almost entirely private. It is team chat with microphones. Channel 9 is for everyone who meets the requirements.
[/quote]

"Channel 9" is basically team chat WITHOUT microphones. The whole purpose is to separate the more "experienced and intelligent" players. At least, that is what I've gathered from this.

[quote name='Nova14' timestamp='1367825187' post='322633']

"Channel 9" is basically team chat WITHOUT microphones. The whole purpose is to separate the more "experienced and intelligent" players. At least, that is what I've gathered from this.
[/quote]
It's not team chat at all. I can talk to anyone I want to, especially people from other teams.

Adding a perk for players who have over 100 hours just because they're 'experienced at PokeMMO' is unfair to more experienced players who have 300 hours, they should get a higher perk...But adding a perk for players who have over 300 hours just because they're more experienced at PokeMMO is unfair to more experienced players who have played 500 hours, they should get a higher perk...But adding a perk for players who have over 500 hours just because they're more experienced at PokeMMO is unfair to more experienced players who have played 1000 hours, they should get a higher perk...But adding a perk for players who have over 1000 hours just because they're more experienced at PokeMMO is unfair to more experienced players who have played 2000 hours, they should get a higher perk...But adding a perk for players who have over 2000 hours...You get the point.

In short, once you start handing out perks for more time played you have to keep handing out better perks for even more time played to keep things fair. Why should one experience base get their own private channel to seperate themselves from a less experienced base when the experience base higher then them doesn't get their own private channel to seperate themselves from the lower experience base?

I don't know if dividing these two groups, "veterans" and noobs is such a good idea in general, but I see your point.

But I honestly think this is the wrong way to do it. Maybe it could be a temporary solution if you'd like, but even so I disagree with the idea.

[quote name='Munya' timestamp='1367833094' post='322710']
Acting like a veteran chat would be any less terrible than normal channel and global chats.
[/quote] That was my first point but. . .[quote name='Heavenol' timestamp='1367833065' post='322709']
I don't know if dividing these two groups, "veterans" and noobs is such a good idea in general, but I see your point.

But I honestly think this is the wrong way to do it. Maybe it could be a temporary solution if you'd like, but even so I disagree with the idea.
[/quote]

[quote name='Deshar' timestamp='1367831955' post='322702']
Adding a perk for players who have over 100 hours just because they're 'experienced at PokeMMO' is unfair to more experienced players who have 300 hours, they should get a higher perk...But adding a perk for players who have over 300 hours just because they're more experienced at PokeMMO is unfair to more experienced players who have played 500 hours, they should get a higher perk...But adding a perk for players who have over 500 hours just because they're more experienced at PokeMMO is unfair to more experienced players who have played 1000 hours, they should get a higher perk...But adding a perk for players who have over 1000 hours just because they're more experienced at PokeMMO is unfair to more experienced players who have played 2000 hours, they should get a higher perk...But adding a perk for players who have over 2000 hours...You get the point.

In short, once you start handing out perks for more time played you have to keep handing out better perks for even more time played to keep things fair. Why should one experience base get their own private channel to seperate themselves from a less experienced base when the experience base higher then them doesn't get their own private channel to seperate themselves from the lower experience base?
[/quote]

Why shouldn't veteran players get an perks? Obviously they are committed and have more invested than others..

Also maybe since this channel would be exclusive ordinary players might stick around longer because they want access which means more donations