[Denied]Implement a new channel (Ch.9) for Veteran players.

[quote name='TWDaryl' timestamp='1367814840' post='322452']
What is wrong with the current Global? [b]Nothing.[/b]

Like Green said, filter the chats you don't like.
[/quote]

Are you just arguing for the sake of arguement? Global chat is filled with spammers, wrong chatters(people trying to sell items and pokemon), complete trolls, uninformed conversations, and endless storyline questions. Many of us, obviously, want something else.

[quote name='NaitDawg' timestamp='1367815024' post='322455']
Are you just arguing for the sake of arguement? Global chat is filled with spammers, wrong chatters(people trying to sell items and pokemon), complete trolls, uninformed conversations, and endless storyline questions. Many of us, obviously, want something else.
[/quote] People such as myself are there to answer those questions and guide people to the right places. In the end of the day, each to their own opinion.

[quote name='TWDaryl' timestamp='1367815117' post='322456']
People such as myself are there to answer those questions and guide people to the right places. In the end of the day, each to their own opinion.

[/quote]
More power to you. But, that doesn't conflict with the idea of channel 9, whatsoever.

[quote name='NaitDawg' timestamp='1367815024' post='322455']
[/quote]
spammers - get muted extremely quickly

wrong chatters(people trying to sell items and pokemon) - They get sent to Trade Chat

complete trolls - Literarily nobody cares about them so they stop

uninformed conversations - I've been in some great conversations on Global before.

and endless storyline questions - And every single one gets answered, with no hesitation or anger issues.

[quote name='CipherWeston' timestamp='1367815261' post='322459']
spammers - get muted extremely quickly

wrong chatters(people trying to sell items and pokemon) - They get sent to Trade Chat

complete trolls - Literarily nobody cares about them so they stop

uninformed conversations - I've been in some great conversations on Global before.

and endless storyline questions - And every single one gets answered, with no hesitation or anger issues.
[/quote]
Theoretically, for the reasons you mentioned, global and channel chat are great. Let's face reality though. The one word we hear to describe channel and global is [u]cancer[/u].

Also, there is nothing wrong with helping out noobs in channel chat. However, this is also nothing wrong with us wanting a better channel chat too.

[quote name='NaitDawg' timestamp='1367815401' post='322461']
Theoretically, for the reasons you mentioned, global and channel chat are great. Let's face reality though.

Also, there is nothing wrong with helping out noobs in channel chat. However, this is also nothing wrong with us wanting a better channel chat too.
[/quote] It's completely fair that you would want one, I just don't see it happening.

[quote name='NaitDawg' timestamp='1367812585' post='322378']
[b]Channel 9 is restricted to users who have [u]100+ hours, or donator status[/u].[/b] It has many benefits, which include :
1. [size=6]Better Channel Chat[/size]
2. [size=6]Being a perk for long-time players[/size]
3. [size=5]Better Tournament Locations[/size] [size=1](new players will not be running around)[/size]
4. Encourages Donations
5. Increases veteran player moral
[/quote]

Ok, just gonna point out a couple of things.

+100 hours. 100. Please, that's not a veteran. It also doesn't prevent "cancerous" chat, people can just donate or hit 100 hours in 2-4 weeks. The tournaments could easily be held in Channel 8; why should new players be excluded from spectating and participating in them? The moral won't improve if idiots swamp the channel.

Just saying.

[quote name='Archinix' timestamp='1367815455' post='322463']
Why don't you have someone (volunteer or staff) moderate Channel 9? If people start spamming, etc. They can move them to a different channel.

[spoiler]I volunteer[spoiler]Pick Archi[/spoiler][/spoiler]
[/quote] I'm sure anyone would do so, such as myself.

[quote name='GymLeaderGreen' timestamp='1367815517' post='322467']
I hardly leave my team chat anymore to be honest. I thought that was the point of teams. I know it doesnt fix the channel issue,[b] but channel 8 is usually close to empty.[/b]
[/quote]

You're missing the point. I'm talking about a well populated and more intelligent chat, not a lonesome one.

[quote name='NaitDawg' timestamp='1367815636' post='322472']
You're missing the point. I'm talking about a well populated and more intelligent chat, not a lonesome one.
[/quote]

You're talking about an intelligent chat on PokeMMO...you need to stay away from Purpleherpe.

[/quote] That's the thing, you say Intelligent but a lot of the players that have been around longer really wouldn't show that.

[quote name='TWDaryl' timestamp='1367815747' post='322475']
That's the thing, you say Intelligent but a lot of the players that have been around longer really wouldn't show that.
[/quote]
Adding onto my suggestion then;

You need to be [b][i]invited [/i][/b]into this channel by the moderator

[spoiler]Pls pick Archi[/spoiler]

[quote name='Archinix' timestamp='1367815918' post='322477']
Adding onto my suggestion then;

[spoiler]Pls pick Archi[/spoiler]
[/quote] It would be more of a different server than a channel. In different channels, you can still see all chats. A few moderators would have to be in this "channel".

[/quote]

Then back to my first point in that post, fill your team with those type of players. That was part of the reasons teams were implemented wasn't it? I started playing not too long before they were implemented and I remember that being a big deal.

[quote name='Archinix' timestamp='1367815918' post='322477']
[/quote]

You'd need to have a moderator that has no personal bias towards all players...consider the following: A player who has been on for over...let's say 700 hours, tries to get into this channel via forum post- or whatever the method will be- and has had his or her differences with the moderator. The player's generally a nice person, doesn't start shit and keeps to him or herself. The moderator is more likely to go with his or her personal experiences with the player, which wasn't so great. What's that player going to do then?

[quote name='Nova14' timestamp='1367816286' post='322484']
You'd need to have a moderator that has no personal bias towards all players...consider the following: A player who has been on for over...let's say 700 hours, tries to get into this channel via forum post- or whatever the method will be- and has had his or her differences with the moderator. The player's generally a nice person, doesn't start shit and keeps to him or herself. The moderator is more likely to go with his or her personal experiences with the player, which wasn't so great. What's that player going to do then?
[/quote]
Have a few moderators, so they all have to talk about valid reasons why they can or can't join.

This will keep out bias, because others put their opinion in as well, stopping a one player decision.

If so, it could even be done that the channel has a password. If the few moderators approve, they give that person a password.

But each person should have a different password so they can't hand it out to everyone

[quote name='GymLeaderGreen' timestamp='1367816270' post='322483']
Then back to my first point in that post, fill your team with those type of players. That was part of the reasons teams were implemented wasn't it? I started playing not too long before they were implemented and I remember that being a big deal.
[/quote]
Channel 9 is a place where I could possibly talk to Compuboys, VVVVs, EVs, etc. Having an more intelligent channel chat for people from many teams would be great. I have many friends from other teams.

[quote name='TWDaryl' timestamp='1367816868' post='322499']
If this channel were to be moderated, my support may be slowly shifting, not that it matters.
[/quote]
Channel 9 being moderated is implied. All channels require moderation. In fact, I imagine that some of the community managers would rather hang out in channel 9 than the others.

[quote name='NaitDawg' timestamp='1367816959' post='322501']
Channel 9 is a place where I could possibly talk to Compuboys, VVVVs, EVs, etc. Having an more intelligent channel chat for people from many teams would be great. I have many friends from other teams.
[/quote]

Intelligence is subjective.