[Denied]Transform Fix

I believe he's asking for gen 5 transform mechanics.

Ditto is so hard to catch when is transforms into a pokemon with a low catch rate, even if it's false swiped to 1 HP.

I support this.

If that is indeed the case, it will not be changed.

Also, transform used to copy the target's base xp output, as it changed the species of the pokemon. If a wild ditto transformed into a dragonite for example, in the games it gives much more experience than the untransformed ditto would.

I am not sure in which generation this change was implemented though, can't find it online.

I believe he's asking for gen 5 transform mechanics.

Ditto is so hard to catch when is transforms into a pokemon with a low catch rate, even if it's false swiped to 1 HP.

I support this.

really? My understanding was that it is currently on gen 5 mechanics and he wants the previous mechanics, so he can lead w/ rattata or whatever and catch it easy. 

Atuan, can you clarify your original post so that people can easily understand what you're suggesting. If this isn't a suggestion then I will need to lock it.

Gen III's Transform copied the catch rate of the target. It wasn't until BW that it stopped.

• Was this done intentionally?
  • If so, any particular reason?

Currently, Transform does not copy extraneous properties such as catch rate. Meaning that Ditto's catch rate will always be 4.6%, regardless of the transformation target. I do not know if this was done intentionally or was neglected. If it was done intentionally, I am suggesting it be altered to how it was in Gen III (confirmed via my own copy of FR). However, there's also the chance that this was simply neglected, as it is a pretty uncommonly known detail. 

Really, I don't know get how this was so confusing or difficult to understand. The original post is direct.

Currently, Transform does not copy extraneous properties such as catch rate. Meaning that Ditto's catch rate will always be 4.6%, regardless of the transformation target. I do not know if this was done intentionally or was neglected. If it was done intentionally, I am suggesting it be altered to how it was in Gen III (confirmed via my own copy of FR). However, there's also the chance that this was simply neglected, as it is a pretty uncommonly known detail. 

Really, I don't know get how this was so confusing or difficult to understand. The original post is direct.

It was done intentionally, as we don't feel that Ditto should be particularly easy to catch given the role it would have to play in breeding.