PokeMMO Event Discussion: Music Battle

Now this looks interesting and original.

Also, does it have to be a cover? I'm in TAFE studying musical production and used to make Brony music for a bit, got featured on a bundle of websites and got heaps of awesome feedback... and I've been itching to make music again...
I don't want to have to cover something... 
Can I make like a pokemon inspired Dubstep (or atleast 2 step) song?

Pretty much same question as above with different words - I want to know does it have to be recognizable old "Pokemon battle song" with covered/remixed or can it be something completely own created with no relations to what's made in Pokemon music so far?

I just finished my battle music after 5 days of non-stop tweaking and I think it is finished, but I failed instantly when my song was rendered to be 32 seconds on my daw. Fail :( I guess I'm instantly disqualified

Hasn't this started by now? Haha I want some answers mods!  :P

It started btw.

I just finished my battle music after 5 days of non-stop tweaking and I think it is finished, but I failed instantly when my song was rendered to be 32 seconds on my daw. Fail :( I guess I'm instantly disqualified

It started btw.

I'm pretty sure it can be over or under 30 seconds. It's just a loose guideline, so people don't make anything too long.

As long as it's around 30 seconds, it's fine. Give or take 5-10 seconds roughly etc.

Pretty much same question as above with different words - I want to know does it have to be recognizable old "Pokemon battle song" with covered/remixed or can it be something completely own created with no relations to what's made in Pokemon music so far?

As long as you feel that it could be used as Pokemon battle music (fast paced, energetic etc.) and that it 'evokes the mood' of a Pokemon battle, it's fine. 

Just to clarify - It can not be a remix/cover, it must be an original work.

As long as it's around 30 seconds, it's fine. Give or take 5-10 seconds roughly etc.

As long as you feel that it could be used as Pokemon battle music (fast paced, energetic etc.) and that it 'evokes the mood' of a Pokemon battle, it's fine. 

Just got your message, time to experiment with my  4 years of experience with fl studio, wish my luck. I'm in for a blast lol.

Shit. Well back to the drawing board. The funk-jazz R/B/Y trainer battle remix took only an hour to make so not that upset.

Well get ready for my submission.