[Denied] Ability to Customize Chat Changing

(pointless text please skip to point)  okay well last thread was closed due to to many suggestions in one post and "title" was wrong.

ill take my time to set this out an explain it this time

simple version!

[spoiler]basically its really just adding a star next to check mark in chat settings. that star makes enter go to that chat "trade, normal, channel, team chats" but allows you to not see extra stuff that the tab isnt selected to show. so no more 5/6 chat's to cycle through just the ones you choose[/spoiler]

More complex version with more details.

give the settings for tabs a star button which when pressed "enter" goes straight to that chat if its trade, channel, team, normal. ect

so each tab will be able to have a main chat which doesnt need changing by clicking the chat button 

examples give more detail how it would work each 3 tell how it will work. an for those who wouldnt want to use it. 

[spoiler]

example: (tabs) *team & chan. team will have the priority so if pressed enter to type it will be set to team when pressed the team it will only show channel. so you dont have to hit it 4-5 times to get to channel from team

example 2: (tabs) *channel & normal. channel will be priority. so if you switched to normal an helped someone or said hi to someone in normal when you press enter it goes back to channel no matter what.

~the fix for this can be changed by NOT putting a star on the settings for that tabs chat's so when pressed enter then it will stay on the chat it already is on .. so if you switched from normal to channel it will be on channel when pressed enter. an the something for the other way.

example 3: (tabs) *trade team an channel. trade will be first an priority. when pressed enter it will go to trade to get to others you must change manually[/spoiler]

(didnt mention whisper/pm as im going to suggest another part for whispers it self.) it will be the same if other thread fails to inspire

please if anyone has a better title for this topic post below with your thoughts. please read the examples i believe i covered all basis. if not you can tell me what i missed (other then whisper)

Thanks for reading

Sounds like a great, user-friendly idea! I support this.

yea i think i may have made it sound more complicated then it is >.< thats my problem or ill leave stuff out that i really mean.

basically its really just adding a star next to check mark in chat settings. that star makes enter go to that chat "trade, normal, channel, team chats" but allows you to not see extra stuff that the tab isnt selected to show. so no more 5/6 chat's to cycle through just the ones you choose

Yeah, I understand. Your simpler explanation would help explain to the other people that are reading it though...

yea i explained alot to make the whole idea a whole. but i put simple version in main post so everyone can see that an read. while people who dont get it an need more details an more complex is after that. 

• 4 months later...

Yo, another day, another revive, this time i select this suggestion because the ingame chat is very annoying, a lot of time i pass the chat where i want write, so back to roll over all the options.

As stated in the OP, adding a function to select what type of chat you want to write, depending in what tab are you right now. But ofc doing it more simple.

For example we have a tab with 3 options, Normal, Team and Shout, is logic you want only write in one of this 3 sites, if you have enabled the tab to see this chats.

So for not rolling over all the chats is pretty easier and faster to write only on the chats you can see.

Mockup (the list of available chats is a list and not the rolling form, i think this way is better for large amount of options to select):

Q5EWzJN.png

• 1 year later...