Wacky Word Maze [February 18th]

Caracal

Wacky Word Maze

Event Description:

Are you good at word searches? Are you good at unscrambling letters? If so, then this is the event for you. Put your brain to the test to find the words faster than anybody else. Then once you figured out the secret word hinting to my location come and find me!

Date & Time:

Tuesday, 18th of February

Time: 4:00pm EST (New York) | 9:00pm GMT (London) | 8:00am AEDT (Sydney)

Time conversion: http://www.timeandda...T16&p1=179&ah=1

Channel 8

Prize:

1000 Reward Points

Rules:

• First you must solve the word search in its entirety, then with the remaining letters unscramble a word that will give you a hint to my location.  Ex. If the word is Tangela, I will be in the Tangela Patch.
  • Once you find me you will have to stand directly in front of me and whisper me the secret phrase.
  • In channel 8's channel chat, five minutes prior to the start of the event I will announce the rules again.
  • At the start of the event I will post the link to the puzzle at which you may begin to solve.
  • You may not cheat in any way and the result in doing so will be automatic disqualification.

Your Host: Caracal

What does that even mean?  Based on the rules as listed it is literally impossible to cheat

Yes, in every way I could think of it seems impossible. But I'm sure if someone wanted to cheat bad enough they would find a way. That being said I felt it was necessary to include it in the rules list.

So u get some random letters, then u have to make a pokemon/word out of it.
And that word/pokemon gives u a hint where the staff member might be?

Its a word search basically and once you find all the words in the word bank there will be some letters that will be left over that will need to be unscrambled. The unscrambled word will hint to where I will be located. 

Yes, in every way I could think of it seems impossible. But I'm sure if someone wanted to cheat bad enough they would find a way. That being said I felt it was necessary to include it in the rules list.

well what do you even mean by cheating?  Collaboration?  Begging another staff member for the answer? Finding the person and then spamming their location in global? Spamming the answer in global? Blowing a staff member for the answer?

While I understand and appreciate the desire to stop cheating, when there aren't really any actual rules as to how you come to your answer it is literally impossible to cheat - there are no real rules to break

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just curious as to what, if anything, would actually be deemed 'cheating' and grounds for disqualification

While it probably wont happen, it means disqualification may occur at Caracal's discretion if someone does think of way to exploit the event rules. The "any form of cheating" clause didn't first appear in this event, and to my recollection enforcing it hasn't been required for any non-tournament events so far, but it is there just in case it's needed.