[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

Going back over some older stuff...

Not sure why I never noticed it before, but Clefairy's hair on the back sprite didn't match the front sprite.  I tried to fix it:

bjbzoy.png

Using CW's last edits to Poliwag and Poliwhirl (I ended up redoing the shiny palette):

14l3g5h.png

24fid89.png

@kierby

I don't know anymore.

eklzc8.png

Edited by Kickern

@kickern...

jii495.png

maybe "shadowing"?her face a bit make a nose appearance..

and i think purple lips..(with lipstick...or lip gloss??) is more better...

as you see i already use 15 colors on that

sorry i don't know the right term for that words i wish you understand what i saying..:D

Edited by kierby29

Hi all!  I'm totally new to this thread.  :P

Funny story: I first found out about Moemon from Jontron's video on Bootleg Pokemon Games!  Funny, right? I, however, thought it looked totally kawaii so I put it in the Google search and the first thing that popped up was this thread.  I was blown away by the pixal art skills involved and I just love the style. Since then, I've added a few personal touches to some existing models due to my own personal obsession with symmetry and I've posted them below to share... Take it or leave it.  But I’ll start working on some OC soon. Peace!

Jynx

2rc5vu1.jpg

Meowth

262448y.jpg

Mr. Mime

kbvhcl.jpg

Shellder

ix3y45.jpg

Venusaur

123xi8l.jpg

@Doom

I like the symmetric sock and the extra dress lining for Jynx, but your edit dropped the quality - there's a bunch of pixels around the outlines that wasn't part of the original sprite (like her left hand for example, the black outline is like bleeding all over the place). Is this pulled from the patch or did you just find a random one and edited it? I don't recall adding that Meowth in. I can't see what was changed for Shellder and Mr. Mine.

@Moetal

You're absolutly right.  The bleeding happened when I resized it.  I'll work on that.  I pulled the Meowth from a previous post and did a little editing. I'll have to go back and check from whom, as I can't remember off hand now.  I added knee socks to Mr. Mime and tights to shellder.  Nothing much really,  Any ideas for the Venusaur shiney palette?  I'm thinking maybe gold and blue.  I'll work on a mock up. 

@Hardcore

1588e20.png

@Moetal/Doom

I just checked the Jynx in the patch, and the black outline 'bleeding' thing is on that one.  The only difference between it and Doom's edit is the sock and 1 pixel on the mouth.  Do you have a better sprite for Jynx that wasn't put in, Moetal?

I like the tights on Shellder, but the lack of zettai ryouiki makes me sad.  It's a personal preference, I know.

@kierby

The purple lipstick is fine.

Your palette has 15 colors:

jii495.png

This one has 13 colors:

1zzgt1g.png

Not much difference with 2 less colors, huh?

Do whatever you want with it.

Edit:

Is Blastoise still being worked on?  Just wondering.  The last back sprite is the one I "science'd".

Edit 2:

Hopefully I got the right versions of everything here.

2yv5313.png

Shiny palette is up for opinions.

Wow, you're totally right about that Jynx.  I cleaned this one up a bit to be more like the original:

2w3rnkh.png

And with Doom's edits:

2j2fgrc.png

Edited by Kickern

@kierby

I don't know how many times I've repeated myself on this point, but eyebrows. Also your eyes are missing eye whites, and the mouth looks really low. Her right (our left) shoulder looks low, and her arm is coming out at a weird angle. Her legs are strangely bent also.

@CW

Better?

2duwhhd.png

And Poliwhirl, too:

2dqr6o2.png

Edit:

I just found this design for Heracross.  Wondering if anyone else likes it.

[spoiler]

Just giving a fair warning that the picture is slightly risque.  Obviously, the outfit will need to be adjusted, but besides that middle part...

[spoiler]

pokemon_gijinka_heracros_by_0peko-d5sw3n

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Edited by Kickern

@Hardcore

If we go with kid Jigglypuff, her other arm might also need to be shortened.

I don't know, that Heracross is not as moe as it could be.  Maybe it could be used as a base for the other one in the artwork I found.

I kinda prefer the original pose from that Seel's base sprite.  Also changed the eyes and mouth to have her tongue sticking out:

1zdbuqq.png

That's a really nice Milotic, better than the one in the patch currently.

Same goes for that Camerupt, IMO.

Good Latios and Latias.

That Seel sprite reminds me, I tried editing a different Dragonair sprite to use as Dratini:

42q0l.png

Edit:

This is the back sprite for Gigalith that the new Hitmonchan is based on.  I just recolored it to match the front.  Heavy editing needed yet:

vp7n1t.png

Edit 2:

Better tongue.

264rsz7.png

Edit 3:

Made some minor edits to the cannon.

2hwpdfo.png

Edited by Kickern