[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

I don't know about you all but I'm having fun drawing sprites!  ^_^

@CW

Thanks, CW.  Do you like it with the spoons or without?  I'll start working on the back-sprite and the rest of the Abra family.

Also, I like you Ivysaur, but what if you made her look tougher?  I've always thought of Ivysaur as a tough monster.  Here are a couple of spirtes I found, maybe they'll give you some inspiration:

r9er5w.jpg2pu0lza.jpg

imiaad.jpg

Edited by DoomsdayFTW

Rough Draft: The Abra Sisters! :wub:

Abra, Kadabra, and Alakazam!  Abra is still the same as the original, just with a pallet swap to match her older sisters.  Maybe I'll try giving Abra a little schoolgirl uniform! Any suggestions?   I'm thinking that Kadabra's ears are too long and I might shorten them down.  Also, I ran out of colors and couldn't use the yellow and dark yellow from Kadabra's skirt on Alakazam.  Too many colors in the hair!!!  :wacko:

241q91f.jpg  2vm9h1w.jpg  k520pg.jpg

Edited by DoomsdayFTW

@XSpuuckX

The dress looks nice and I really like the ruffles.  That's an elegant touch. Plus, the dress's color swap works better with the overall family color palette.  But the tail looks big and clunky.  Can you make it smaller?  Also, the boots still need work.  Maybe laces?  Or maybe dress shoes with socks to match her elegant new dress?  Also, I'm not sure I like the spoons.  I like the glow but they look too small and come across more as nails... which, would be far more terrifying than spoons!  I might try the glow on the Alakazam sprite. Otherwise, it looks good to me. ^_^

(I just find the idea of flying cutlery far more scary than simply holding a spoon.) :P

Here is the color palette for reference:

rvet74.jpg

I've finished a few edits on Alakazam's front sprite and added a back sprite.  She still needs a Shiney Palette.  Any ideas?

35d692q.jpge7cls1.jpg

"Beware the flying cutlery!"

@doom

i try what i can do..

25rp2s8.png

kadabra's tail have a stripe on it...

oh i did not notice you already create one...

6 is good...maybe add a yellow stripe in the end of her socks...that make her look like a high school girl

by the way..your kadabra's feet is small...maybe try to look on Ivysaur....

Edited by XSpuuckX

It's been snowing all day and I've been stuck in-doors with a cold... But, look what was born out of my hardships:

The new and improved Abra Sisters!!! :wub:

The Adorable Abra!

v2zfnk.jpg1znsv9d.jpg

The Rebellious Kadabra!!

11wacyu.jpg2dwds2a.jpg

The Sassy Alakazam!!!

24cupfl.jpgele2oy.jpg

(Beware of all flying silverware!!!) :ph34r:

Edited by DoomsdayFTW

@Doom

Abra is too large for our standard, and her face is rather creepy looking at the moment.

Kadabra is looking good, but front and back hair doesn't match. Try removing the "M" on the front sprite. Her left (our right) ear on the front sprite looks too large compare to her other ear also. Backsprite's body is a bit wonky also. Consider coloring her eyes instead of just leaving it pure black. Why didn't you take the design below? I'm just not a fan of floating spoons.

[spoiler]2vay4d1.jpg[/spoiler]

Alakazam's lower body is small compared to the upper body, and her ears are too "fluffy" like an animal. Alakazam's ears are more like horns.

I started an Abra without realizing that it was already being worked on~ Figured that I might as well finish it anyway. I'll either fix any issues + create a backsprite, or transform it into something else in the morning. I'll leave that decision up to the rest of you.

uor6UqI.png

Edited by RacheLucario
Fixed minor issues

But we all know you never make backsprites, Lache.

It happens, just not as often as it probably should. Several on the to-do list, they'll be done eventually.

Edit: Realized that I still had another colour, so used it to soften the browns.

f5PTNh1.png

Edited by RacheLucario

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking on the forums for a while and I think I might be of use. I could probably tell people whats wrong with the sprites (Like hand too big, or leg too long etc).

Also, I edited Kadabra's sprite in a way that combined the too skirts...I think it looks better...

eCvZ6Yn.png?1

Edit: aww crap. my sprite is out dated. Probably should have looked at the new posts before posting. Also wow, Rache ISN'T dead!

Edited by MrSleepy

@Lache

Abra doesn't look like Abra without at least one closed eye. Her hat reminds me of a golden shiny Murkrow rather than Abra. The brown mouth disturbs me. Couldn't you have used the last palette for a mouth color?

Edited by Moetal