[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

I think the angle of the forearm could probably be lowered just a hair from straight up to an outwards angle. That will make the pose look a bit more natural, cat-like, as well as giving you a bit more screen real-estate due to the angle change to better show how her hand posture is on holding the coin. At first glance it looked like she was holding the coin between her thumb and the side of her first finger (which if you mimic the pose is very uncomfortable to hold at that downwards angle), as opposed to holding it between her thumb and the tips of her fingers (which is much more natural feeling). The easy fix for this is just to rotate her hand slightly towards the viewer; you'll probably lose a pixel off the thumb, but then it gives you a bit more space to show a second finger and solidify the hand position. If I absolutely wanted to be picky I'd also suggest a hair of a perspective change on her left foot by rotating her left heel inwards towards the center by one pixel, but honestly it's such a small nit-pick it's not worth spending time on really.

Other than that I'm really liking that pose, with just a bit of a change to her left arm's angle and hand position I think it would definitely capture that "cat-like" paw-grabbing look. :)

It's been some time since I last did any work on the project. But, I managed to find a little time to make a few minor adjustments to some old familiar faces.  Here is my newest updated Linoone.

#264 - Linoone

20qyxr6.jpg

Could she be looking back at the player in the backsprite? Maybe just have enough of the face to see her eye? I thought we were trying for more sideish backsprites.

@Crooked

The backsprite's angle is really off in my opinion. In reality, you should only be seeing half or less than half the face in your Moemon in the backsprite. The most realistically angled would only show the back of the head and no face, but as you know, face makes them more moe. You should not see both eyes unless your Moemon is turned facing you rather than the opponent. You have to ask yourself, "Is it battling you, or is it battling the enemy? Which way should the Moemon be looking at?"

anyone here have a retron 5 who could help me figure out how to get this patch working on it the game restarts when the professor says hello when I patch with this? Any help would be appreciated

To be honest I have never even heard of this sytem until I read your post. I really don't know much about it, but I bet PCs run on different operating systems than the retron 5 I'm guessing, so that might possibly be your problem. That or maybe the patch was applied and something went wrong, I've never had that issue on PC.

Hi! Uh, so, um.. I've been looking at this game for a while now, and I've tried to download it. After patching the original FireRed game, I attempted to play it, of course. Attempted. The game freezes at Prof. Oak's "Hello", with the addition of some glitchy pixels. (I would've read through the topic to see if anyone else got the problem, but wow, 138 pages. My internet can't handle me going through all those pages! Also, I'm too lazy to keep clicking and scrolling down repeatedly.) I'd love it if someone could help me :3

Uh.. I didn't make three accounts.. I legitimately have a problem with this patch, and I just wanted some assistance.. I've never been on this site before.. But if that's how you wish to respond, then I won't even bother.

What are you playing this on? PC? If so, there is a chance that you might be using a slightly corrupted rom/one that isn't even the US version of Fire Red. I've had issues with inserting custom sprites (mainly just black-screening after I name my character), but I have gotten past them by doing it manually with certain software like the Advanced Series, granted it takes a while but there has been little to no glitches that make my own little edits unplayable. It could also be an issue with your Emulator settings as well. If you are playing on that Retron 5 thing name1essone mentioned I don't think you'll find much answers.

moetal: I'm not creating multiple accounts I only asked once.

A Retron 5 is a console that allows for playing ips patches on original carts via softpatching without ever using lunar ips this tells me that both myself and RedCloak are having similar issues on vastly different hardware he is obviously patching on pc but with the retron this is impossible since it plays the original cart and doesn't allow user access to the rom I'm sorry if 3 people with the same problem bugs you but maybe you should look into it before getting angry at someone with an honest question who joined because after reading over 100 pages no one else mentioned my issue and I really like the different moemon sprites.

moetal: I'm not creating multiple accounts I only asked once.

A Retron 5 is a console that allows for playing ips patches on original carts via softpatching without ever using lunar ips this tells me that both myself and RedCloak are having similar issues on vastly different hardware he is obviously patching on pc but with the retron this is impossible since it plays the original cart and doesn't allow user access to the rom I'm sorry if 3 people with the same problem bugs you but maybe you should look into it before getting angry at someone with an honest question who joined because after reading over 100 pages no one else mentioned my issue and I really like the different moemon sprites.

Do we look like tech support? This patch is super easy tier to implement. If you can patch any firered patch, moemon should work. There is no reason to come to here asking how to make it work.

I do adjustments. I also learned how to index. I'm still very bad at hair, but I think I got the wings to look better.

p3YQZbP.png

edit: I just can't capture Latios's front sprite eyes in the backsprite.

Edited by Septentrion