[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, I think it's interesting to find out an artist you like is into  a certain "niche". For example I like Hetza aka Hellshock. (He's into futanari)

example of his work

[spoiler]sample-ba3feae31afbf707e504ab78f90543ce.[/spoiler]

more moemon to keep this thread related

[spoiler]066976da2c487dc62ebb34783145c4fe.png5f4b12af134b45e13a251205b6aeb353.pngb4299a3ba07b313ed8372b3828ce0da3.png711494964c8a84f9c9220a0feb08ab49.png02b4222ad784e6f35e6e20e0b43bca73.pnge11f0a7f26d18b2d7a9916e6438518b9.png[/spoiler]

Artist is Kuromiya

@Blinky

It's funny because it's usually the other way around for me. I like an artist because he/she draws a certain niche. I've seen Hellshock's works, and seeing it a lot more recently since he's drawing quite a large number of fan art for Kancolle lately.

Hello there, I'm new to the site and joined specifically for this forum. I've played a bit of Moemon and I gotta say, I love all of the moe sprites everyone created. ^^
The one thing that bothers me is the lack of a Voltorb / Electrode Gijinka. I can't find one anywhere. They can be Moe too. :<
Idk what other Pokemon out there don't have Gijinkas, but the no Voltorb or Electrode bothers me.
If only I was a better artist, I'd make one myself. I'm the type that can only draw things I'm looking at for a reference and have a hard time drawing anything straight from my mind. @.@

Anyway here's my lousy attempt on paint. x-x

[spoiler]
10410214_789042337781810_393235160026381
My idea for the hair is that white / translucent blueish lightning color. Kinda like Rotom's sparks.
[/spoiler]

*Edit: Btw... what program can I use to make the sprites? If I take my time, I may be able to make something.

@Twilit
LoL practice makes perfect buddy, dont give up on drawing! I didnt >.>

Aaaaanyways
To ur gijinkas...
I can see what ur going for with the hair and the hats, so u want the hair to be all lightningy? Sounds pretty legit i like ur idea. I jsut find the bottom part (the pants if u wanna call it that) strange lookin, tho the hats are nice :P

EDIT: Did some research for ya :D

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/005/3/a/voltorb_gijinka_by_kimorah-d5qldoq.png

http://24.media.tumblr.com/73a2142c4bcb67c147ed4a862d7e1f3c/tumblr_myrybfn7MZ1s2i16to1_1280.jpg
Yeah i know the second one is a boy but this one is more of a reference tho :T

Btw can anyone tell me how to post i,ages instead of links?

@Reve
Ty for liking my idea, though it's very crude and not a good picture of what I can see. The pants are supposed to be an odd skirt or something. I tried to keep the "ball" feel of these Pokemon and this is how they turned out
Btw... I've been practicing pixel art on a game called "Cladun X2" I made Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle.

[spoiler]
10349895_789235547762489_662742375974648

[/spoiler]

Btw..There's a button to insert images in the reply. Unless you mean hiding it?

@Twilt

There is? Im blind then cuz i cant find the button >.>

Oh those sprites look pretty cool! However the sprites that are dome for moemon are different :T like very much as u probably already know, but i think u might be able to pull it off!

Dammit Magi, finish the Gengar so I can make a new patch.

@Twilit

Standard MSPaint will do, and, in fact, I recommend it. I personally use Photoshop but it just makes a mess of things more or less. Sprites need to be 64x64 pixels, with 15 colors and a 16th for background ONLY. I recommend you to try to edit one of the sprites we've been working on, or the ones currently in game as a start. Making sprites from scratch is NOT recommended. Copy and paste is your best friend, please learn to abuse it. By copy and paste, I mean selectively picking parts of a different sprite to use. There's nothing wrong with using the same arm or legs as long you put your imagination to work. You should enlarge and upload the file in 128x128 for preview purpose, but please keep a copy of it in 64x64.

Please start off by getting a few files and programs, namely collection of Moemon sprites from Magi (I forgot his link, but it's in the thread somewhere) and NSE2.0. Moemon sprite collection let you have a wide variety of sprite to use as either parts or base, and NSE2.0 lets you extract updated sprites from the current game (or you can just search the previous posts for them; it's your choice)

Dammit Magi, finish the Gengar so I can make a new patch.

@Twilit

Standard MSPaint will do, and, in fact, I recommend it. I personally use Photoshop but it just makes a mess of things more or less. Sprites need to be 64x64 pixels, with 15 colors and a 16th for background ONLY. I recommend you to try to edit one of the sprites we've been working on, or the ones currently in game as a start. Making sprites from scratch is NOT recommended. Copy and paste is your best friend, please learn to abuse it. By copy and paste, I mean selectively picking parts of a different sprite to use. There's nothing wrong with using the same arm or legs as long you put your imagination to work. You should enlarge and upload the file in 128x128 for preview purpose, but please keep a copy of it in 64x64.

Please start off by getting a few files and programs, namely collection of Moemon sprites from Magi (I forgot his link, but it's in the thread somewhere) and NSE2.0. Moemon sprite collection let you have a wide variety of sprite to use as either parts or base, and NSE2.0 lets you extract updated sprites from the current game (or you can just search the previous posts for them; it's your choice)

[url=https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1262287/Moemon/Gen%20I-V%20Moemon%20Sprites.zip] It's this right?[/url]

@Twilit

It's interesting, but I don't particularly like the design you have in mind. Voltorb looks like she's a baby wearing diapers, and Electrode looks like a cheerleader with an underwear on her head. What I personally think would represent Voltorb/Electrode is to have a girl holding a beach ball (monotone, striped or two colors are all fine), while herself wearing a sporty outfit or a two piece swimsuit. The face itself can be on the ball itself or on the girl's face since having it on the outfit does not look good at all from what I've seen.

[spoiler]76e02bf34f7038e75932b80449af7903.jpg[/spoiler][spoiler]98-Konachan.com%20-%2058208%20f-ism%20mu[/spoiler]

@Moetal
Diapers huh? And I don't know how to make it look less like underwear on Electrode's head. They're supposed to be some sort of hat. XD
I was trying to make them look like they hatched out of their balls. x-x

What if they were skirts?

[spoiler]
1531913_791028800916497_7745126678222868
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
10460351_791028797583164_412439522122391
[/spoiler]

" I don't know how to make it look less like underwear on Electrode's head. They're supposed to be some sort of hat. XD"

I thought of something. It's pretty dumb though. ><

[spoiler]
10464342_791055927580451_108209742969937
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
10383016_791055920913785_326120486075333
[/spoiler]

I have something else in mind if they still look dumb. x-x

I thought of something. It's pretty dumb though. ><

[spoiler]
10464342_791055927580451_108209742969937
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
10383016_791055920913785_326120486075333
[/spoiler]

I have something else in mind if they still look dumb. x-x

They have to be drawn in 64x64 then resized after (for easy viewing)~ You seem to be editing them in 128x128, which is far too large and shrinking them in such a state only destroys them. You're also better off saving them as .png images instead of .jpg, since Paint's .jpg output quality is abysmal and unusable. (Zooming in, you can see horrible, messy pixels surrounding everything as a result of Paint compressing them when it saves them in that format.)

Moetal: Was working on the Pidgey line earlier. Expect Pidgey tomorrow and maybe one or both of its evolutions depending on how quickly I work. Perhaps some back sprites for other Pokemon will come too (if I can figure out how to make them not-awful).

They have to be drawn in 64x64 then resized after (for easy viewing)~ You seem to be editing them in 128x128, which is far too large and shrinking them in such a state only destroys them. You're also better off saving them as .png images instead of .jpg, since Paint's .jpg output quality is abysmal and unusable. (Zooming in, you can see horrible, messy pixels surrounding everything as a result of Paint compressing them when it saves them in that format.)

Moetal: Was working on the Pidgey line earlier. Expect Pidgey tomorrow and maybe one or both of its evolutions depending on how quickly I work. Perhaps some back sprites for other Pokemon will come too (if I can figure out how to make them not-awful).

Yea I'm no good at this. I tried to edit the 64 x 64, but it was still too small for me even zoomed all the way in and I couldn't tell what I was doing.

@Moetal
Taking your suggestion into mind, I can come up with an image in my head, but I'm only able to describe it.
The main thing I want to keep from my sprites is the hair, but a lot better than what I can do currently.
I want Voltorb's hair to feel like its sparking with electricity from each side, while Electrode having long hair seeming like flowing electricity. I guess kinda like Manectric?
I can see them with the swimsuits too.

Voltorb with a red swimming cap and a white swimsuit holding onto a small red beach ball.

While Electrode has a white swimming cap and a red, two-piece swimsuit, leaning on a larger white beach ball than Voltorb's.
I can also picture the same thing with the swimming caps off if they look too dorky.

Just suggestions at this point since I fail at editing sprites myself. x-x

@Rache

I don't like them both getting their one of their eyes covered. Why didn't you follow the design I posted a while back? Quality are a lot better than your previous works though, although I'm not exactly sure what Pidgeotto is doing in that pose and Pidgey's overly pink boots disturbs me.

moemon__pidgey_line_by_cocolin-d7fli97.p

@Rache

I don't like them both getting their one of their eyes covered. Why didn't you follow the design I posted a while back? Quality are a lot better than your previous works though, although I'm not exactly sure what Pidgeotto is doing in that pose and Pidgey's overly pink boots disturbs me.

moemon__pidgey_line_by_cocolin-d7fli97.p

I think its sort of a gun hand gesture thing, and yeah the boots were my real issue with it, I liked the Pidgeotto though.

As for why I didn't follow the designs... I didn't have internet access at the time (on a train) and designing them is half the fun. I might edit bits and pieces to closer resemble the ones you posted though - there are some parts that I rather like.

Will uncover the eyes today - not sure why I did that in the first place. I guess it just kinda happened. As for the bright pink, that was based on Pidgey's canonically weird-coloured feet, but I agree that they're a little bright. Will fix that today too. Pidgeotto's supposed to be holding a feather.